Shoutbox

WLM Links in Firefox - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: WLM Links in Firefox (/showthread.php?tid=71961)

WLM Links in Firefox by thinc on 02-20-2007 at 05:08 PM

Hey. Is there ANY WAY to open WLM links like Email Inbox in firefox? If there isn't I recommend adding it to the next version of live plus! :) It must be possible because another patch for msn does it.

RE: Firefox by Mike on 02-20-2007 at 05:20 PM

Try StuffPlug :)

Only works with 8.1 though.

RE: WLM Links in Firefox by thinc on 02-20-2007 at 06:03 PM

yeah. i did but all i wanted was the firefox thing, i hate the rest! lol

RE: WLM Links in Firefox by Orgrim Doomhammer on 02-20-2007 at 06:50 PM

there's a script to open links in FF made by(if I remeber well) SpunkyLoveMuff that used /ff <url> to get it opened...
here it is
Quick Browser

RE: WLM Links in Firefox by aNILEator on 02-20-2007 at 11:50 PM

if you mean associating msnim:// links then adjusting the registry can make firefox recognize the link, display a pop up box, clicking ok then opens up an internet explorer window and the conversation window

RE: WLM Links in Firefox by Rolando on 03-28-2007 at 04:06 AM

bump

Is there any other way, besides using StuffPlug? I dislike the icon it adds :undecided:

RE: WLM Links in Firefox by duck! on 03-28-2007 at 07:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by q25
bump

Is there any other way, besides using StuffPlug? I dislike the icon it adds :undecided:
The icon in the convo window?
Go to options - conversations - Uncheck "show an SP button in Conversation windows"  and then go to the contact list tab and uncheck "show an sp button in the Contact list". Then the way you'll be able to view the options and content stealer is where the "file" "View" (etc) is :)

RE: WLM Links in Firefox by elias on 06-27-2007 at 05:28 PM

If you are already using firefox as default browser, i've tried, just in control panel --> add/remove s/w --> setup program and default (or something like this, is the last option on the left), uncheck the "enable accecing the program" for IE.  all links clicked in WLM will open in FF.

RE: WLM Links in Firefox by Rolando on 06-27-2007 at 06:28 PM

That only works if you've IE removed and dont have IE7.. cause it didnt work for me.

RE: WLM Links in Firefox by elias on 06-27-2007 at 06:31 PM

no no~ i still have IE, If IE is removed, WLM can't even run. But is true i don't have IE7, I dare not updating it. Switched to firefox directly.