Shoutbox

What is the best anti virus program........ - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: What is the best anti virus program........ (/showthread.php?tid=71969)

What is the best anti virus program........ by Steven on 02-20-2007 at 09:02 PM

Hi... just wondering if my norton 2003 is out of date, and what do you guys think is the best ANTI-VIRUS software out right now? Btw i have a few trojans right now and virus remover tools are confusing to me....

RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by TheGuruSupremacy on 02-20-2007 at 09:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Steven
Hi... just wondering if my norton 2003 is out of date, and what do you guys think is the best ANTI-VIRUS software out right now? Btw i have a few trojans right now and virus remover tools are confusing to me....

I use Kaspersky internetsecurity i Think is the best....I like other antivirus like panda and nod32..But i hate norton mcafee and pc-cillin...Greetings

edit:for trojans,adware,spywares download also spybot or window defender
RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by Mike on 02-20-2007 at 09:12 PM

I use NOD32 and it seems pretty good, and not a resource hog... :) (not free btw)

RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by user35870 on 02-20-2007 at 09:16 PM

Free: AVG Free

Paid: Nod32

I personally use nod32.

RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by Steven on 02-20-2007 at 09:18 PM

Thanks.. Isn't there a trial for nod32 hat anyone could hook me up? Not asking for warez..

RE: RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by TheGuruSupremacy on 02-20-2007 at 09:22 PM

quote:
Thanks.. Isn't there a trial for nod32 hat anyone could hook me up? Not asking for warez..

MMM...if there isn't a trial and you want nod32 honestly you must buy it...but before  to do it i advice to try other trial like kaspersky and panda....
edit:sorry i have red badly(my english is no good) ...there is a trial version but i imagine you don't want register to get it..try these:

Moderator Edit: Do not link to warez.
RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by user35870 on 02-20-2007 at 09:23 PM

quote:

There's a free 30 day trial available at: http://www.eset.com/download/index.php.
RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by NiteMare on 02-20-2007 at 09:45 PM

AVG internet security
(y)'s:
-Low on resources
-well built definitions
-all in one scan
-active sheild

(n)'s:
-not free (but there are *ahem* ways)

RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by Voldemort on 02-20-2007 at 09:49 PM

avast.

RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by Rolando on 02-20-2007 at 09:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
AVG internet security
(y)'s:
-Low on resources
-well built definitions
-all in one scan
-active sheild

(n)'s:
-not free (but there are *ahem* ways)

RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by dotNorma on 02-20-2007 at 09:57 PM

NOD32 Antivirus all the way.

RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by Dr4g0n on 02-20-2007 at 10:15 PM

Nod32 is good, it's got a small footprint but it's still quick at scanning. =]

RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by linx05 on 02-21-2007 at 12:38 PM

Free: Avira
Paid: NOD32 & Avira

Read the statistics, reviews and tests. They speak for themselves.

EDIT:

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
The best anti-virus is called common sense. :zippy:

RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by Eljay on 02-21-2007 at 12:39 PM

RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by John Anderton on 02-21-2007 at 12:43 PM

Ok, people might hate me for this one but IMO your brain is the best AV :P
No AV ftw :)

Other than that, I'd guess AVG, NOD32 and Avast are good 8-)

RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by Kenji on 02-21-2007 at 12:44 PM

quote:
Exactly, its free, uses no memory, and it works.
RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by Eddie on 02-21-2007 at 01:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazmo
quote:
Exactly, its free, uses no memory, and it works.
mm ive been using Windows OneCare Beta until it ended beta, but since then ive had no viruses, so yes common sense comes in handy.

RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by linx05 on 02-21-2007 at 01:15 PM

How would you know if you had any nasties on your computer Shadow? ;) Some don't even really make it evident until you do a scan or look deep.

RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by Dr4g0n on 02-21-2007 at 01:15 PM

My common sense was prone to memory leaks, I had to replace the hardware. =[

RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by MattyDunn on 02-21-2007 at 01:18 PM

Ive been using Windows Live OneCare which uses up a fair bit of memory but is still very good and I have had no viruses since then and before that I had Norton Anti Virus 2005 which was okay but has been faulty on my other computer. OneCares very good and handy and I would say its the best I have had.

Edit:
Before that I had AVG or wotever ya call it and that wrecked my old computer. Got loads of viruses. But I was canny reckless with that computer.

RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by Eddie on 02-21-2007 at 01:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
How would you know if you had any nasties on your computer Shadow? ;) Some don't even really make it evident until you do a scan or look deep.
lol if my computer is running fine :P for me its ok, i do scans with that online thing (house or summin) like once every two weeks i guess.

RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by Menthix on 02-21-2007 at 01:21 PM

quote:
True, but unfortunately common sense does not come pre-installed on every brain. And it is proven to be buggy or even completely incompatible on some types of smaller brains.
RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by foaly on 02-21-2007 at 01:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
True, but unfortunately common sense does not come pre-installed on every brain. And it is proven to be buggy or even completely incompatible on some types of smaller brains.
true but you can patch it at any kind off school...
RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by Eddie on 02-21-2007 at 01:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by foaly
quote:
quote:
not if your school I.T. is thick in the brain and teaches web design all through the course like mine :P

RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by dotNorma on 02-21-2007 at 01:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shadow
quote:
Originally posted by foaly
quote:
quote:
not if your school I.T. is thick in the brain and teaches web design all through the course like mine :P

Enough with the common sense metaphor.
RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by vikke on 02-21-2007 at 02:14 PM

NOD32, in my opinion! Founds a lot more viruses (is that positive? :)), faster, does not slow down your computer. But it costs a bit.
I think it's worth it anyway :D

RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by linx05 on 02-21-2007 at 02:24 PM

vikke: the tests back that up too ;)

RE: RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by vikke on 02-21-2007 at 02:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
vikke: the tests back that up too ;)

Yup. NOD32 is used to win all tests ;).
RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by YottabyteWizard on 02-21-2007 at 03:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris UK
Free: AVG Free

Paid: Nod32

I personally use nod32.

Same here.
RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by TheGuruSupremacy on 02-21-2007 at 05:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vikke
NOD32, in my opinion! Founds a lot more viruses (is that positive? :)), faster, does not slow down your computer. But it costs a bit.
I think it's worth it anyway :D
MMM...it's quite true because it can find only all knew virus....But one day i have done a trojan and i tested it on pc with nod32...The  antivirus didn't find it...Instead when i have tried the same trojan on pc with kaspersky or panda...The antivirus found and delete it...Moreover Nod32 it's true that found a lot of virus but not always it can eliminate it....

RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by duck! on 02-21-2007 at 06:07 PM

The best free one has got to be Avast.
The best paid one has got to be NOD32
Mcaffe and norton are rubbish in my opinion :P

RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by absorbation on 02-21-2007 at 08:29 PM

I really hate some anti-virses, they are too bloated, and are paranoid about everything on your computer. AVG is a must, I simply find it does the job without hassling me constantly.

Here is my rant about Anti-virus software:
http://www.bitchingbear.com/post/7/

RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by Steven on 03-02-2007 at 01:40 AM

I have used Kaspersky and boy oh boy, it is too protective, even on medium level. It got rid of my viruses, all 21 Trojans.... but i got rid of it itself. It is suspicious of every process you try to run, and eventually you do not know what is safe and not, so you allow the spyware and deny the explorer.exe stupid me. I temporarly disabled firefox with it, so i suggest you don't use it for protection, and only for a removal tool after you have been infected.

RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by Knowem-meetem on 03-18-2007 at 11:11 PM

quote:

Norton antivirus isn't that out of date, but what i would recommend is something like windows defender, ad-aware se or maybe kaspersky. try it;)
RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by joemailey on 03-20-2007 at 03:33 PM

Get AVG free edition.

No need to pay.  use your head. just back up for ones u cant avoid.

But only virus i've had is blaster worm. which was unavoidable at the time. (thanks Microsoft lol)

RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by Dr4g0n on 03-20-2007 at 06:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joemailey
...which was unavoidable at the time.
Buy a router.

RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by joemailey on 03-20-2007 at 06:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dr4g0n

Buy a router.

If i had a router it would of been avoidable hence y i wrote unavoidable at the time. but i didnt need one anyway(still don't use one). As it was simple to fix :|

Well thats a lie i use a wireless router on my 2mb and then i have my 10mb directly hooked up to my Pc. then another network card to hook up to my wireless router which is hook up to the 2mb connection. so it powers my x360 + steaming media devices :-)

RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by EBFL on 03-20-2007 at 06:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joemailey
Get AVG free edition.

No need to pay.  use your head. just back up for ones u cant avoid.

But only virus i've had is blaster worm. which was unavoidable at the time. (thanks Microsoft lol)
I agree.
But i have proffesional and idk what the difference is supposed to be :sad:
Incase u want screenshots: [click for large ;p]
Advanced Mode:
[Image: avgproffesionalpr2.th.png]
however, i can not remember if you can get advanced mode in free.
Basic Mode:
[Image: avgnormalmodekc0.th.png]
RE: What is the best anti virus program........ by joemailey on 03-20-2007 at 07:23 PM

I currently don't run any AV on my current PC, Vista 64 Bit AVG don't support it unles syou pay for AVG.

and well I have oneCare(yes i no it has low ratings but it does its job for me) and backs up stuff etc etc. lol cost next to nothing covers my laptop my main pc n my 2nd pc.