Shoutbox

Please Help me - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Please Help me (/showthread.php?tid=71974)

Please Help me by tierlakay on 02-21-2007 at 12:31 AM

I downloaded Vista on my computer yesterday and since doing that my Live messenger didn't work. I have than downloaded the Messenger Plus and it wont even start up instead it comes up with an error message saying
'Window's Live Messenger has stopped working"

I am lost without my messenger and need it badly can someone help me please

RE: Please Help me by Menthix on 02-21-2007 at 12:36 AM

Messenger Plus! won't work as long as Live Messenger isn't working, so i suggest to avoid more problems you keep Messenger Plus! un-installed until Live Messenger is fixed.

Uninstall Messenger Plus! first. After that, what is not working about Live Messenger? What is the exact error message (if you get any)?

RE: Please Help me by tierlakay on 02-21-2007 at 12:38 AM

Hi thanks for that.

Yes Live Messenger has the exact same error message as the Messenger Plus is having.

so they are both having the same error.

RE: Please Help me by CookieRevised on 02-21-2007 at 01:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tierlakay
Hi thanks for that.

Yes Live Messenger has the exact same error message as the Messenger Plus is having.

so they are both having the same error.
The error came from Windows Live Messenger the first time too in the first place, not from Plus!.

As Menthix has said, since Windows Live Messenger doesn't start, Messenger Plus! wont even start at all, so the error you got the 'first' time couldn't even come from Plus! since that wasn't even started yet.

You first need to fix this error comming from Windows Live Messenger, before trying to install Plus!.

I suggest to start all over again, and make a clean install of Windows Live Messenger. Start by removing everything of Messenger:

CookieRevised's reply to Windows Live Messenger BIG PROBLEM!
although that post is aimed at non-vista users, most things will exactly be the same, only the location of things can be slightly different

After that has been completed successfully (remember to also restart your computer), reinstall Windows Live Messenger by first redownloading it:
http://get.live.com/messenger/overview