Shoutbox

email sound - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: email sound (/showthread.php?tid=71977)

email sound by spanky6556 on 02-21-2007 at 02:08 AM

is there any way i can get plus to play a different sound when i receive an email from a certain person like i can if the sign in?

RE: email sound by CookieRevised on 02-21-2007 at 02:23 AM

No. What the POP3 feature of Plus! does is contacting your POP3 provider and requesting the current unread email count, nothing more. So it doesn't even have a notion of who send the emails or even what the subjects are.

Todo what you want I suggest to either look at the massive amount of (free) POP3 notifiers on the net which are made as dedicated tools and thus will most likely offer far more features than the basic POP3 notification in Plus!, or either you need to write a script which does this all.

But as far as such a script goes, why reinventing the wheel while there are already hundreds POP3 notifiers on the net which do what you want (and probably more) ;)

Google is your friend...

;)

RE: RE: email sound by spanky6556 on 02-21-2007 at 02:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
No. What the POP3 feature of Plus! does is contacting your POP3 provider and requesting the current unread email count, nothing more. So it doesn't even have a notion of who send the emails or even what the subjects are.

Todo what you want I suggest to either look at the massive amount of (free) POP3 notifiers on the net which are made as dedicated tools and thus will most likely offer far more features than the basic POP3 notification in Plus!, or either you need to write a script which does this all.

But as far as such a script goes, why reinventing the wheel while there are already hundreds POP3 notifiers on the net which do what you want (and probably more) ;)

Google is your friend...

;)

i am still using my hotmail email and when you get an email it pops up and says who sentt it tho
RE: email sound by Nagamasa on 02-21-2007 at 02:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by spanky6556
hotmail email
That's the key word. Hotmail (Windows Live Mail) and MSN (Windows Live) Messenger are all by Microsoft. So obviously, wouldn't it make sense for them, Microsoft, to integrate them to form better services? Gmail is by Google. MSN (Live) Search is by Microsoft. Competitors? Sure are! Why make people using other things easier when they can use theirs?

This is no rocket science. It's common sense.
RE: RE: email sound by spanky6556 on 02-21-2007 at 03:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
That's the key word. Hotmail (Windows Live Mail) and MSN (Windows Live) Messenger are all by Microsoft. So obviously, wouldn't it make sense for them, Microsoft, to integrate them to form better services? Gmail is by Google. MSN (Live) Search is by Microsoft. Competitors? Sure are! Why make people using other things easier when they can use theirs?

This is no rocket science. It's common sense.

umm call me stupid but does that anwser my question?