Shoutbox

Problems with Messenger Plus! 3.63.148 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Problems with Messenger Plus! 3.63.148 (/showthread.php?tid=72018)

Problems with Messenger Plus! 3.63.148 by Elbereth on 02-22-2007 at 03:45 PM

Hi I'm an Italian user of this fantastic MSN extension but because of my O.S. (Windows 2000 Pro) I've got some problems.
After the release of Messenger Plus! Live all my contacts began to use BBCode now supported by the extension and in my contact list I found endless coded nick like for example: [a=3][c=0][ u ](8)Sinfony(8)[/u][/c][/a=32].
So, considering that the latest versions of the client and Messenger Plus that run on my operating system are:

Messenger Client Version: 7.0.0816
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.63.0148

Where I can find a Messenger Plus! 3 plugin that enable a BBCode support for my client?

RE: Problems with Messenger Plus! 3.63.148 by TheGuruSupremacy on 02-22-2007 at 03:56 PM

Hey Elbereth Try to see this thread it  will help you http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=62...d=689207#pid689207

Ps:I'm also Italian:):)

RE: Problems with Messenger Plus! 3.63.148 by Sunshine on 02-22-2007 at 04:50 PM

I'm sorry but there isn't one. BBcodes are only supported in Plus!Live.

TheGuruSupremacy: i don't see how that thread you mentioned is of help. The only way to see the BBcodes as colour is to use Plus!Live and that version is not compatible with MSNM 7. Unless you want the original poster to ask contacts to use IRC code only.

RE: Problems with Messenger Plus! 3.63.148 by Thor on 02-22-2007 at 05:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine

Hi I'm an Italian user of this fantastic MSN extension but because of my O.S. (Windows 2000 Pro) I've got some problems.
After the release of Messenger Plus! Live all my contacts began to use BBCode now supported by the extension and in my contact list I found endless coded nick like for example: [a=3][c=0][ u ](Smilie)Sinfony(Smilie)[/u][/c][/a=32].
So, considering that the latest versions of the client and Messenger Plus that run on my operating system are:
Wouldn't it be an idea if Patchou got the time (and if he feels like it) to add support for it so that such problems won't occur?
RE: Problems with Messenger Plus! 3.63.148 by Elbereth on 02-22-2007 at 05:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Reload2
No they can't :( But there should be a last update for MsgPlus! 3 for people not using 8.0 being able to display bbcodes, because we look silly on our nicknames with bbcode :S

Infact, like Reload2 say in this post, I hope that someone will release a final version of Messenger Plus! 3 with a BBCode support, I'm not a programmer but maybe it isn't an impossible introduction if it was implemented in the Plus! Live.

EDIT: Yes Nitro, it would be a GREAT idea.
RE: Problems with Messenger Plus! 3.63.148 by Oxy on 02-22-2007 at 05:32 PM

Is it possible to do with a plug-in though?

RE: Problems with Messenger Plus! 3.63.148 by Jimbo on 02-22-2007 at 05:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .OxY
Probably although i doubt it would be very easy
RE: Problems with Messenger Plus! 3.63.148 by Oxy on 02-22-2007 at 05:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude
quote:

Well, i woulda thought all you'd need to do is recognise a tag (eg. [c=4]) and then change it to the IRC style colour.
RE: Problems with Messenger Plus! 3.63.148 by Elbereth on 02-22-2007 at 06:11 PM

A plugin would be very useful.

Including a BBCode support in a future release of MSN Plus! 3 shouldn't be difficult for Patchou, he needs only to copy and paste the code of the Live version and modify something.

RE: RE: Problems with Messenger Plus! 3.63.148 by TheGuruSupremacy on 02-22-2007 at 10:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
I'm sorry but there isn't one. BBcodes are only supported in Plus!Live.

TheGuruSupremacy: i don't see how that thread you mentioned is of help. The only way to see the BBcodes as colour is to use Plus!Live and that version is not compatible with MSNM 7. Unless you want the original poster to ask contacts to use IRC code only.

That thread helps....I don't say that it help to resolve his problem...I said that help(help to understand)in fact in that thread people said there is no way to see the bbcode....I have aswered with the link thread because this argument was already dealt...So is useless repeat the same things that others have already said....Greetings
RE: RE: Problems with Messenger Plus! 3.63.148 by CookieRevised on 02-23-2007 at 01:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitro
Wouldn't it be an idea if Patchou got the time (and if he feels like it) to add support for it so that such problems won't occur?
It would be a good idea. However, it is doubtfull it will be done. Not only is Patchou a very busy man and Plus! Live needs all his attention, the amount of people using Plus! 3 is getting lower with the day...

quote:
Originally posted by Elbereth
Infact, like Reload2 say in this post, I hope that someone will release a final version of Messenger Plus! 3 with a BBCode support
That someone would be Patchou and him only.

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude
quote:
The only way to do it using a plugin is to make a proxy and actually intercepting data traffic to your messenger and changing each and every BBCode you encounter to IRCcode style.

As for making a plugin which does it inside Messenger/Messenger Plus!, that is as good as totally impossible since the places where colors can be used are vast and closely integrated into Messenger and Plus!

quote:
Originally posted by Elbereth
Including a BBCode support in a future release of Messenger Plus! 3 shouldn't be difficult for Patchou, he needs only to copy and paste the code of the Live version and modify something.
It is far from as easy as that though. Plus! Live and Plus! 3 are programmed differently and they share no code. Plus! Live was entirly programmed from scratch.

It isn't impossible to do it for Patchou, but it is doubtfull he will (see reasons above).

quote:
Originally posted by TheGuruSupremacy
That thread helps....I don't say that it help to resolve his problem...I said that help(help to understand)in fact in that thread people said there is no way to see the bbcode....I have aswered with the link thread because this argument was already dealt...So is useless repeat the same things that others have already said....Greetings
It is true that this was already discussed and it is very good that you link to a previous discussion (it isn't the best discussion about this so Sunshine does have a point). But with it, you also should have reported this thread for closure, so that further posting is prevented and that information isn't repeated and the discussing can continue in the already existing thread...

As it is now, we now have two threads (and even more, since many more threads exist about this).