Shoutbox

The White House is America's top haunted house - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: The White House is America's top haunted house (/showthread.php?tid=72110)

The White House is America's top haunted house by Rolando on 02-25-2007 at 06:32 PM

http://www.livescience.com/othernews/top5_haunted_places-1.html

:dodgy:

quote:
Originally posted by site
     The Washington, D.C., home of America’s presidents has surely seen untold tragedy through the centuries, from being burned down in 1814 by British troops to several attempted (and accomplished) assassinations. Among the White House’s spooky stories include the appearance of Abraham Lincoln’s ghost. Lincoln’s widow, Mary Todd, dabbled in the occult and held séances in the White House. Other reputed ghosts include Andrew Jackson, Dolley Madison, and Abigail Adams, though they are rarely seen today.

Seems funny to me :p

Do you guys believe in ghosts?
RE: The White House is America's top haunted house by Baggins on 02-25-2007 at 06:34 PM

If you mean spirits that come back when they are dead to haunt places, no. But the holy ghost and that crap, yes.

RE: The White House is America's top haunted house by Nagamasa on 02-25-2007 at 06:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by q25
The Washington, D.C., home of America’s presidents has surely seen untold tragedy through the centuries, from being burned down in 1814 by British troops
British (Canadian)**

It was pink before the burn, and was painted white so it can easily cover up the burns.

No, I don't believe in ghosts, but I get scared at night anyhow.

EDIT: Happy?
RE: The White House is America's top haunted house by Rolando on 02-25-2007 at 07:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
quote:
Originally posted by q25
The Washington, D.C., home of America’s presidents has surely seen untold tragedy through the centuries, from being burned down in 1814 by British troops
Canadian**

***British.

I forgot to say I do not believe in ghosts.
RE: The White House is America's top haunted house by NiteMare on 02-25-2007 at 08:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
It was pink before the burn
lol, the pink house:P
RE: The White House is America's top haunted house by MeEtc on 02-25-2007 at 09:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by q25
***British.

yep. Canada didn't exist as a country yet, it was a British colony
RE: The White House is America's top haunted house by Voldemort on 02-26-2007 at 04:21 AM

yes, its haunted.... Bush is inside.

RE: RE: The White House is America's top haunted house by scott2010_h on 02-26-2007 at 04:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
yes, its haunted.... Bush is inside.

Yeah i know it's scary.