Shoutbox

msn keeps logging out - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: msn keeps logging out (/showthread.php?tid=72166)

msn keeps logging out by richcobley on 02-27-2007 at 09:14 PM

since i installed the latest messenger and then messenger plus a week ago or so, i keep getting logged out randomly from messenger.  i can't seem to find any suggestions on the web that match what the problem i have.  it's incredibly difficult to use like this.

sometimes messages that have been sent don't come through to the messenger window either.  i'm using a linksys wag200g router and have turned my firewall off on the pc to check it's not that.

any help or directions appreciated.  is this a problem with m+ or with messenger itself?

rich.

RE: msn keeps logging out by omg on 02-28-2007 at 03:30 AM

Dude i am havin the exact same friggin problem. I wish i could help i really do but i can't seem to figure  out a solution ive tried everything but nuthin works its ******* me off i cant talk to anyone for longer than like 5 minutes at a time! AHHH HELP!

RE: msn keeps logging out by richcobley on 02-28-2007 at 07:55 AM

I've seen messages like this popping up a lot recently on different forums, but no-one seems to know the answer.  I just want to know whether it's a messenger or a m+ bug...  surely someone here can answer that?

RE: msn keeps logging out by Felu on 02-28-2007 at 08:03 AM

Its because your internet gets disconnected for some time. The protocol seems to have got very sensitive to this and thus this is signing you out again and again.

RE: msn keeps logging out by turbo2322 on 03-10-2007 at 11:23 PM

i've been having the same problem, my pc logged me out bout 3 times in 10mins.
i noticed that it happens every time my pc scans 4 viruses.
some1 plz help us

RE: msn keeps logging out by richcobley on 03-25-2007 at 12:55 PM

After weeks of trying to resolve this I still haven't found any way forward.  The number of people who are now telling me they have the same problem is growing by the day, and it is really really fustrating.  I've emailed MS but they haven't replied.

I realise this isn't a messenger plus issue but can anyone here help?  All the forums I've read suggest that this is a problem with ADSL losing connection and having to re-dial, during which time msn eats any messages that you send or receive, without any warning.  After about 15 secs of this 'frozen' behaviour msn logs out.

I've tried keeping open the Window's Performance monitor set to monitor total bytes/sec for my wireless adaptor, to see if the net connection really does drop out around the time messenger goes crazy.  It's really hard to tell tho, and sometimes i can use firefox with no trouble while msn is doing it's crazy thing.  Is there any way I can constantly monitor whether my ADSL is connected and get a warning when it disconnects?

I've tried using Yahoo messenger over the past few days but it seems like it has the same problem.  Is there any way to increase the time that messenger waits before it logs out, and some way for it to store messages and not dump them?

If this really is an ADSL issue then I need to work out why my router is disconnecting so frequently, but it's hard to tie down exactly where the problem is at the moment.

Any help or suggestions really are gratefully recevied.  It's a reall bummer having not been able to use messenger for the last few months :(

UPDATE.  I have installed a utility that shows my download and upload speed constantly, updated every second in a graph.  I have just sat here for ten minutes with some youtube videos playing and surfing the web, while logged in to two msn accounts with messenger live plus.

my internet connection remained absolutely fine, my download speed was around 75kB/s.  youtube never faltered, my adsl connection wasn't lost, and i was surfing the web as well which was fast, snappy and never faultered.  AND YET messenger logged me out twice over that same ten minutes stating connection problems.  if i had lost my adsl connection my router would have waited 15s before reconnecting.  i would definately have seen the connection drop out in the graph, youtube would have stalled downloading the videos and i wouldn't have been able to load web pages.  but that did not happen.

so come on guys, this is clearly not an adsl or net connection problem.  what has happened to messenger recently to cause these connection problems?  what can i do to get it back?  somebody please help :)
RE: msn keeps logging out by Growler on 03-26-2007 at 07:57 PM

All I can say is that this is not a connection ie broadbanf problem as it happens on my company network as well

this is a msn messenger problem

I have had this for a couple of weeks

Come on Microsoft sort this problem

RE: msn keeps logging out by Ahapartridge on 03-28-2007 at 09:40 PM

Same issue for me, very annoying.

It has been happening for about 2 weeks, I mainly use Live messenger and have uninstalled and re-installed but still the same. I have also tried using 'Windows Messenger' but that is the same

RE: msn keeps logging out by Growler on 04-01-2007 at 01:20 PM

ok have sussed out my problem

I am running Zonealrms on my laptop.

If I disable it, I do not get logged out, but with it running I do.

so there is a conflict somehwere between the 2.

This happens from time to time with updates etc.  So I will live with it disabled for a while and try in a few days

RE: msn keeps logging out by mummycool1 on 04-11-2007 at 09:36 AM

Hi all, me and my mate have this problem also lately and so does my daughter. It seems to happen more as the day goes on, which to me might appear to be a server overload problem? We also have the missing messages problem, messages being sent but never received and this is both ways. Again could this be a server problem? I think this has to be down to ms and a problem with their servers not being able to handle the amount of people using wlm or msn messenger as I've tried switching back to the older versions and it makes no difference. Its driving us nutso. I hope they fix it soon its extremely annoying.

RE: msn keeps logging out by antonjw on 04-18-2007 at 09:02 PM

hi, i've been having the same problem on one pc but not on the other, on my home network.

in fact had a similar problem on my ex's pc, and the two problem pc's both had the same anti-spyware installed - ClamAV for Windows.

Which is excellent software, but I think it could be the cause, for me.  I've just disabled it's realtime scanning and its been ok for about 10 minutes, which is some going for this pc :S

So I think it could be your anti-spyware program - worth a look?

just to confirm, just been chatting for over half an hour after i made that change.  was definitely the problem.

RE: msn keeps logging out by mummycool1 on 04-19-2007 at 12:09 PM

Thanks for that Antonjw, but I have no spyware running in real time. I run mine independantly every couple of weeks. I hope you've found the solution long term to your problem though.

RE: RE: msn keeps logging out by antonjw on 04-22-2007 at 04:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mummycool1
Thanks for that Antonjw, but I have no spyware running in real time. I run mine independantly every couple of weeks. I hope you've found the solution long term to your problem though.

Actually, it was Spyware Terminator that was the offending program - hope you have some luck finding the cause of the problem at your end - mine seems to be resolved now...
RE: msn keeps logging out by andyen2 on 09-19-2007 at 07:49 PM

does anyone know how to help me, my windows live messenger signs me out every 30 seconds!!! i can't actually go on msn anymore becuase there is no point!!

RE: msn keeps logging out by UKA-Rift on 09-23-2007 at 10:00 PM

Hi all,

I have had exactly the same problem and due to another post which someone mentioned ZoneAlarm being the problem I have investigated and have found the following has worked (or has so far):

[list]
[/list]
Go into ZoneAlarm
Select IM Security
Select Settings Tab
Click on Advanced Box
Remove Tick from "Block IRC"
Click OK and sign-out of ZoneAlarm

I have no idea what IRC is but I did this about 15mins ago and have held a constant chat ever since without any failures  (here's hoping it lasts!!) .

Good Luck

Hold The Press ..........................

As per usual I was led into a false sense of security..............a while after posting it started failing again !!!!  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Appologies for getting anyone's hopes up reading this.

Next step...............Zone Alarms coming off ...........
RE: msn keeps logging out by rick614 on 10-16-2007 at 04:13 AM

i been having the same problem, with YIM, Xfire, MSN Messanger, and yahoo game rooms, so im thinkin it may be a windows issue possibly :S but damn if anyone can figure it out, let me know!

RE: RE: msn keeps logging out by jac333 on 10-17-2007 at 03:10 AM

i am normally signed into 2 accounts for Messenger Plus live, have been  doing so for months now, for the last couple of days/week I cannot sign into 2nd account for longer than 5 seconds before the message appears "windows live messenger has encountered a problem & needs to close"! but there is no problem with my other account it remains signed in after windows live messenger has shut down the 2nd account.
I also run u tube & surf the net at the same time, the problem only occurs with messenger plus live, never a disruption to my other net services, after i log on, i cant even send a message, check emails or anything!!!! this is driving me insane!!!! please help me!!

RE: msn keeps logging out by richcoffee on 01-22-2008 at 10:40 AM

I use Zonealarm and have the same issue as some others on this forum on MSN logging out every now and then. My MSN would also log me out when I commence a chat or when I have 2 chat windows running....

I have 2 notebooks on the net and on one I have Zonealarm and MSN and the other I have Norton Internet security. I don't seem to have any logging out issue with the notebook that has Norton.

It could be Zonealarm. So i have started trying out different configuration. I have tried turning off the encryption for IM and so far it is ok. ... for the last 15mins

I will let you all know if I have further success with this....

RE: msn keeps logging out by tally_f_king_ho on 05-03-2008 at 09:31 PM

Are you running windows XP or Vista? I have 2 pc's next to each other 1 with XP and 1 with vista. I have never had a problem with MSN Messenger on the Vista PC, msn only logs me out on the XP pc yet they are connected to the same router, maybe it could be a compatability issue with the new version of messenger?

No idea if thats true - just a suggestion - if that helps or rings a bell with anyone I would also like to know whats causing it!!!

RE: msn keeps logging out by evul on 05-21-2008 at 06:35 PM

my problem is the other way around...

a xp pc and a vista pc..... and just the vista pc keeps logging out and logging in. it's very annoying.

and it seems there's still no solution....

RE: msn keeps logging out by evul on 05-27-2008 at 06:20 PM

SOLUTION:

change pw^^
works good here :D

RE: msn keeps logging out by owenjay89 on 06-02-2008 at 01:17 PM

Hi

having the same problem. msn live messenger continually logs in and out to the point where you can't have a conversation with anyone as the minute you say hi it logs out!

have tried everything mentioned, we have just disabled zone alarm to check whether this makes any difference.

i don't get it, my sons msn runs fine and i can run msn from my laptop and my husbands but no matter what we try my daughters just won;t stay connected.

My sons desktop has been serviced by an expert in the last few weeks who removed zonealarm and added another system instead so i am wondering if this could be the problem...he also removed loads ofc*** that teenagers have a habit of downloading without thinking about!, which may be why his works so well now!!

any updates would be gratefully received

RE: msn keeps logging out by evul on 06-02-2008 at 03:37 PM

correcture on myself... passwor change don't work >.<

RE: msn keeps logging out by Evostance on 06-05-2008 at 06:32 PM

I have the same problem.  Just posted a thread about it (sorry)

I dont have a firewall or anti-virus.  Vista's does the job :)

Its so annoying

As for the guy who said YouTube would stutter if his net went down, that is not true.

YouTube uses progressive downloading not streaming.  It downloads little chunks of the video bit by bit and stores them on your computer for playback.  If you want some real streaming try the BBC or SkyNews (not iPlayer)

RE: msn keeps logging out by busterfinder on 07-13-2008 at 03:42 PM

simple solution

http://www.ebuddy.com/#msn

it not msn, but at least you can still chat to your mates :D

RE: msn keeps logging out by dragonroka27 on 12-21-2008 at 12:51 PM

hi, I'm having a similar problem to some on this thread. I log onto msn, and it will sign me out every few minutes and then reconnect. sometimes it will connect again, mostly it fails and I have to close msn altogether and start again. Pages in internet explorer also fail to load when this happens bring up the "Internet explorer cannot load this page" page. It started happening a couple of days ago and it's driving me absolutely crazy! *tears out hair* I don't know how to fix it, or what's wrong with it or anything...

I don't know if it's related, but when I turnedon the computer today there was this green disturbance along the top of whatever I open - very annoying. Looks a bit like what the computer did right before my graphics card threw in the towel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thank heaps,

kris.

RE: msn keeps logging out by lewi4125 on 02-01-2009 at 12:46 PM

I found that if you sign in using Ebuddy , then sign back in with your windows live messenger or what ever version you are using , it stops you from signing out.

RE: msn keeps logging out by msnlogsmeout on 11-06-2009 at 12:09 AM

basically the same problem...as soon as i log in on msn live (which i just downloaded because i was getting sick of all the ... do you want to update BS) it logs me out after 4 seconds ... i tried going to the msn.com site but there was nothing there to look for my problem ... also for some reason it wants me to download  adsadclient31.png ... after looking into that on google apparently that is a form of virus ... wtf is going on?

RE: msn keeps logging out by CookieRevised on 11-06-2009 at 03:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by msnlogsmeout
basically the same problem...as soon as i log in on msn live (which i just downloaded because i was getting sick of all the ... do you want to update BS) it logs me out after 4 seconds ... i tried going to the msn.com site but there was nothing there to look for my problem ... also for some reason it wants me to download  adsadclient31.png ... after looking into that on google apparently that is a form of virus ... wtf is going on?
First of all, by this weekend everybody will need to upgrade to the latest version of Messenger. This is for you own good since previous versions contain bugs, or even worse, securty holes.

Second, if 'it' asks you to download some obscure picture than it most likely means you indeed have a virus/worm.

So the first thing you should do now is running some anti-virus program after you have booted up in SAFE MODE.

And after everything is cleaned again, re-download (from official sites) and re-install everything.

----

Please only download from official sites!! Do not fall in the trap of downloading Messenger (or another program) from an unofficial site just because you want to keep on using an old version which is full of bugs and securty issues.

Remember that in many cases, whenever you have virus, your contacts in Messenger and other contacts like the ones from you address books in Outlook or other email program, are in danger too! Many worms/virus spread by using email. So all those people can get infected too.

Hence, being safe is not only a good thing for yourself, but also for your contacts...
RE: msn keeps logging out by HaRdZ on 12-10-2009 at 01:30 PM

I just registered to help solve this problem lol :)
Listen up ..
The 2 most common types of problems one can possibly face in MSN messenger are automatic logouts , and that stupid error that happened with pretty much everyone who was forced OFF WLM 8.1 to lame WLM 8.5 beta , followed by WLM 8.5 (14.0.8089.726 is the current default) ..
Ulitimately , WLM2009 is coming around ..

The 2nd error am talking about is clarified right here

http://www.hwdot.com/images/Windows%20Live%20Comm...s%20to%20close.jpg

In other words , most people (did / are going to) face the very same type of crap due to MS security claims ..

I was so (guinea peg) like , that i actually tried everything even Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 debug engine ( It's okay if you havn't heared of it , it's a Developer Studio for Programmers / Developers
)

The working solution (for me) was
1) Change your country/region ( no joke i moved myself to California lol)
2) A tiny MSN virus removal tool ..
3) Restart your PC

There are certain types of viruses/malwares that affect MSN's behavior and screws it up

http://www.msnvirusremoval.com/

here is what i used and it worked like a charm , it solved the 2 problems actually ..
the error message , and the automatic logout .. just gone :)

GL and hope it works fine for you as well

RE: msn keeps logging out by fidelxxx on 10-31-2010 at 09:12 PM

The best thing I found so far is this site.

http://msn-errors.blogspot.com/

Basically it says to  Cntrl Alt Del  to get to your task managers and then end any process running msgexec

Before I was logging out every 2 seconds. Still going strong now after 10 minutes after doing this!

The site also lists some other things you can do if this does not work...but so far working for me and very easy to do unlike stuff above.

Well my last posting above disregard. I am logging out again and when I went to download the registry cleaning at their recommended site in the blog, it wants you to buy the problem. Big fat gimmick.

Back to sq 1. I wish MSN would clear up this problem it is a pain.
Ok so what I did now is to uninstall the recent msn version and install an older version. Sorry did not keep the page for the older version but just do a google search. I think this is the only way. The new windows live has glitches that will not work w/ some operating systems. The older version seems to be working find.
RE: msn keeps logging out by SLASH! on 03-17-2011 at 01:11 AM

MSN keeps signing out?

Shut down Windows Live Messenger.

Click Start
Click Run
Enter: %appdata%\microsoft
Click OK.

Then right click the MSN Messenger folders, choose Delete, and then confirm the operation.

(This may not work for everyone but I would say has an approximate 50% success rate so if it helps at least half of you it's worth trying. If it does not resolve the issue following the exact instructions you may wish to try it again but rebooting your computer before logging into messenger again)

Hope this helps, good luck all!

RE: RE: msn keeps logging out by Nelandir on 12-12-2012 at 11:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by owenjay89
Hi

having the same problem. msn live messenger continually logs in and out to the point where you can't have a conversation with anyone as the minute you say hi it logs out!

have tried everything mentioned, we have just disabled zone alarm to check whether this makes any difference.

i don't get it, my sons msn runs fine and i can run msn from my laptop and my husbands but no matter what we try my daughters just won;t stay connected.

My sons desktop has been serviced by an expert in the last few weeks who removed zonealarm and added another system instead so i am wondering if this could be the problem...he also removed loads ofc*** that teenagers have a habit of downloading without thinking about!, which may be why his works so well now!!

any updates would be gratefully received

Zone Alarm is a piece of shit :D I say get rid of it even if it's not causing MSN to repeatedly sign out. It is going to screw something else up, trust me.