Shoutbox

Opera for nintendo DS - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Opera for nintendo DS (/showthread.php?tid=72195)

Opera for nintendo DS by Oxy on 02-28-2007 at 09:45 PM

Hey, my brother was thinking about getting a nintendo ds and having the Opera internet browser for it too. Since he couldn't find anything, he asked me to look.. but i can't seem to find anything either.. so, i presume it's not released yet.
So, i was wondering if any of you guys knew when it was gunna be released or whatever :happy:

RE: Opera for nintendo DS by user35870 on 02-28-2007 at 09:49 PM

According to, http://www.opera.com/products/devices/nintendo/ , the Nintendo DS Browser is available at game retailers across Europe now.

EDIT:

GAME'S selling it:

http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=11230&mid=329255

RE: Opera for nintendo DS by Oxy on 02-28-2007 at 09:58 PM

Ah, okay, thanks.. but any idea why it wont work on the DS lite?

RE: Opera for nintendo DS by Baggins on 02-28-2007 at 10:09 PM

Too lazy to find out, but $5 it will.

RE: Opera for nintendo DS by Oxy on 02-28-2007 at 10:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Baggins
but $5 it will

Paying an extra $5 will make it DS lite compatible? Sweet (h)
RE: Opera for nintendo DS by Ezra on 02-28-2007 at 10:53 PM

There's another version cause you need to put a special cartridge in the GB slot, the normal version in the lite works btw, not the other way around. But it's ugly putting the normal version on the lite cause it will stick out.

RE: RE: Opera for nintendo DS by Val on 02-28-2007 at 11:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
There's another version cause you need to put a special cartridge in the GB slot, the normal version in the lite works btw, not the other way around. But it's ugly putting the normal version on the lite cause it will stick out.

Could you rephrase because I did not understand a word of that? :(
RE: Opera for nintendo DS by Baggins on 02-28-2007 at 11:52 PM

I think the one that GAME was selling is not the standard version?

RE: Opera for nintendo DS by saralk on 03-02-2007 at 07:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ValSpy

The DS and DS Lite have a port for Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games. Opera comes with a cartridge to put in that port, which gives Opera more RAM to store webpages.

If you buy the regular version, i think it'll still work on the DS Lite, but a bit of the cartridge will stick out, but if you buy the DS Lite version, that little bit wont stick out.
RE: RE: Opera for nintendo DS by Val on 03-03-2007 at 12:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
quote:
Originally posted by ValSpy

The DS and DS Lite have a port for Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games. Opera comes with a cartridge to put in that port, which gives Opera more RAM to store webpages.

If you buy the regular version, i think it'll still work on the DS Lite, but a bit of the cartridge will stick out, but if you buy the DS Lite version, that little bit wont stick out.

Thanks :) I didn't know they made a special version. It could be fun to play around with but I don't think I would need something like that, especially if I would have to buy it.