Shoutbox

Toronto Activities - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Toronto Activities (/showthread.php?tid=72239)

Toronto Activities by albert on 03-02-2007 at 01:06 AM

Well, it is soon going to be my 18th birthday and to celebrate I feel like taking a trip.

The first place that sounded good was Toronto, not too far away and pretty cool place I hear.

Now I am searching for some good activites to do there ( as I don`t want to go there for nothing )

Is there any cool shopping centers? Electronics shows? Whatever might seem fun or cool.

I know a lot of you are from that area, so if you know anything, don't be shy to suggest!

Thanks all. :)

RE: Toronto Activities by MeEtc on 03-02-2007 at 01:09 AM

shopping centres: Eaton's and Yorkdale
don't know if you want to go to Canada's Wonderland...
there's the hockey hall of fame
MuchMusic headquarters

RE: Toronto Activities by Lou on 03-02-2007 at 01:35 AM

Probably meeting a few people would be nice (yet another Toronto meet?:O). I hope you have fun no matter what though.

RE: Toronto Activities by Steven on 03-02-2007 at 01:35 AM

You might also want to try vaughan mills, which is a bit north of toronto 
20 minutes... Its the biggest mall in the area and it has go karts laser tag and everything. But it depends IMO In winter Toronto can be a really boring place.

RE: Toronto Activities by marissa on 03-02-2007 at 05:40 AM

ew winter in the t-dot. :p oh it'll be fun! you should go to CityTv/Much Music, maybe go into Much On Demand.. or just like stand outside and look through the windows. :p you could go see breakfast television, but that's in the morning 8-) hmm and just down the street there's a HUGE Chapters store, so if you like books you could just hang out in there for awhile. (that stores still there, right?) I'd definitely go to china town. it can be kinda weird... but it's always fun. you should definitely  go to the  ROM (royal ontario museum... have you been?) it's pretty sweet. just make sure the frigging dinosaurs are set up when you go :( i missed out!

i guess there's sometimes things going on at the exhibition place.. you could look up what's going on there.

for shopping places definitely go to the eatons centre! you can see the famous apple store and get bubble tea...yum... :p and if you want to venture out to mississauga you could go to square one. it's biiiig. but so cool :p

if you go in the summer go to like Ontario Place or Wonderland or some shiz for sure :D

RE: Toronto Activities by Patchou on 03-02-2007 at 05:49 AM

Toroton activities

lol, sorry but I had to spam about that.... I rarely see these two words put together in the same sentence.

RE: Toronto Activities by Nagamasa on 03-02-2007 at 12:32 PM

Shopping: Yorkdale, Eaton's, and Vaughan Mills

Go skiing or snowboarding? (Well, I guess you cant because you B-day is in April...

Amusement Parks: Ontario Place, Wonderland

Go to Niagara Falls?

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
I'd definitely go to china town. it can be kinda weird...
I wouldn't... Go to Pacific Mall or First Markham Place. A whole lot more Chinese.

Museums: ROM, Medieval Times, Legislature [?], Toronto Art Gallery, Ontario Science Museum

Eating at different cultural restaurants is also nice too. We are multicultural.
RE: Toronto Activities by Steven on 03-02-2007 at 12:58 PM

Do not forget the CN TOWER,  as it could be really cool if you have never been there before, but if you have, its a meh.

RE: Toronto Activities by albert on 03-02-2007 at 02:52 PM

Eaton Centre seems to be something I can't miss.

As for the CN centre, I've been already.

I don't want anything too complciated to get to either, since it's only a weekend.. and that one of the nights is reserved for an NBA game. :)

Some of the suggesitons were very good though. :)

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Toroton activities

lol, sorry but I had to spam about that.... I rarely see these two words put together in the same sentence.

.. I'm guessing Patchou is tired..? :P
RE: Toronto Activities by marissa on 03-02-2007 at 08:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa

quote:
I'd definitely go to china town. it can be kinda weird...
I wouldn't... Go to Pacific Mall or First Markham Place. A whole lot more Chinese.

oh, i meant like kenzington market or wahtever... hmm i meant it'd be weird if you hadnt seen the animals hanging in the windows all cooked up yumx2!

alby, make sure you get bubble tea at the eatons centre! MAKE SURE! :P
RE: Toronto Activities by albert on 03-03-2007 at 03:27 AM

quote:
alby, make sure you get bubble tea at the eatons centre! MAKE SURE! 

Haha, I'll do that just for you. :p
RE: Toronto Activities by Patchou on 03-03-2007 at 05:30 AM

btw, while it's kinda on topic... nobody's interested in coming to Montreal? we have an eaton centre with bubble tea too....

RE: Toronto Activities by albert on 03-04-2007 at 04:05 AM

quote:
btw, while it's kinda on topic... nobody's interested in coming to Montreal? we have an eaton centre with bubble tea too....

I LIVE IN MONTREAL!

If you find me some cool thing to do here for my birthday, I'll cancel my trip! :)
RE: RE: Toronto Activities by felipEx on 03-08-2007 at 08:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alby
quote:

I LIVE IN MONTREAL!

haha
come to Mazatlán, México  :P