Shoutbox

[Fixed on next version] RichEditControl bug - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: [Fixed on next version] RichEditControl bug (/showthread.php?tid=72261)

[Fixed on next version] RichEditControl bug by Flash on 03-03-2007 at 12:29 AM

code:
<Control xsi:type="RichEditControl" Id="EdtDpDir" Visible="false">

code:
function ControlShow(PlusWnd, sControlId, bState) {
    var hCtrl = PlusWnd.GetControlHandle(sControlId);
    if (bState == 1){ bState = 5 }
    var r = Interop.Call("User32", "ShowWindow", hCtrl, bState)
    Debug.Trace("TEST ControlShow: " +sControlId+ " " +bState+ ' ' +r)
    return r;
}

code:
TEST ControlShow: EdtDpDir 0 16

ok i move little bit the window after i let the button left the richedit reappear and no TEST ControlShow: EdtDpDir 5 16 (5 for show) in debugwindow so im sure its a bug from msgplus.

see picture follow:
[Image: Error.PNG]
RE: PATCHOU contact me pls RichEditControl bug by CookieRevised on 03-03-2007 at 02:52 AM

So you say that

Interop.Call("User32", "ShowWindow", hCtrl, /* SW_HIDE */ 0)

on a richedit control shows the control instead of hiding it?

RE: PATCHOU contact me pls RichEditControl bug by deAd on 03-03-2007 at 03:19 AM

When you move a window with a hidden rich edit control, it shows itself. It's a bug.

RE: PATCHOU contact me pls RichEditControl bug by Patchou on 03-03-2007 at 05:24 AM

I must be tired because I don't get it... moving a window? how do you move it? can you send me a plsc of a simple test script that reproduces the problem?

RE: PATCHOU contact me pls RichEditControl bug by Flash on 03-03-2007 at 07:04 AM

yes, moving window;

1- you hide the richeditcontrol
2- just move the window with your mouse
3- TADAM the rich edit reappear

RE: PATCHOU contact me pls RichEditControl bug by markee on 03-03-2007 at 09:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I must be tired because I don't get it... moving a window? how do you move it? can you send me a plsc of a simple test script that reproduces the problem?
I think he means move the window as in changing the x and y coordinates at which the window is position with clicking and dragging of the titlebar of the window. (surely that cant make it more confusing.... :tongue:)
RE: RE: PATCHOU contact me pls RichEditControl bug by deAd on 03-03-2007 at 03:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I think he means move the window as in changing the x and y coordinates at which the window is position with clicking and dragging of the titlebar of the window. (surely that cant make it more confusing.... :tongue:)

Yeah, just click and drag on the titlebar or body =p
RE: PATCHOU contact me pls RichEditControl bug by Patchou on 03-03-2007 at 07:34 PM

haaaa, thank you! if only all the people who submitted bug did it this way.

That's now fixed :).

RE: PATCHOU contact me pls RichEditControl bug by Flash on 03-03-2007 at 08:42 PM

fixed where? lol

on your personal version?

RE: PATCHOU contact me pls RichEditControl bug by Tochjo on 03-03-2007 at 08:47 PM

Yes; when Patchou says he has fixed something, he means that the bug will no longer be in future versions.

RE: PATCHOU contact me pls RichEditControl bug by Flash on 03-03-2007 at 08:50 PM

okidouki :D