Shoutbox

[Suggestion] Pop up toasts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Suggestion] Pop up toasts (/showthread.php?tid=72302)

[Suggestion] Pop up toasts by MattyDunn on 03-03-2007 at 10:15 PM

Hi, Im would like to start a poll on whether people would prefer the Windows Live Messenger pop up toast to apear on Msg Plus notifications or the messenger Plus toast. Well this is if it is possible to call the Windows Live Messenger pop up toast for these things anyway which I believe it is because from Screenshots of the next StuffPlug that I have seen they can call upon the Windows Live Messenger notification toast for one of there features.

RE: [Suggestion] Pop up toasts by Rolando on 03-03-2007 at 10:19 PM

Messenger Plus! Live Pop-up toast.. and I believe you meant POLL not pole.

RE: RE: [Suggestion] Pop up toasts by MattyDunn on 03-03-2007 at 10:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by q25
Messenger Plus! Live Pop-up toast.. and I believe you meant POLL not pole.

Yes that is what I meant, Im tired. Edited it now (Y)
RE: [Suggestion] Pop up toasts by High Speed Chaser on 03-04-2007 at 12:27 AM

honestly I don't know the difference between them
I guess I have not paid much attention to them
could you post a screenshot please

RE: [Suggestion] Pop up toasts by NanaFreak on 03-04-2007 at 12:50 AM

i would prefer the MP!L ones becuase you can easily modify them to how you want :banana:

RE: [Suggestion] Pop up toasts by absorbation on 03-04-2007 at 12:34 PM

I believe Plus! should use Windows Live Messenger's own. I've brought up this issue in the past, and although it is possible, it contains limitations, something which Patchou cannot afford to make exceptions for due to many scripts using toasts.

RE: [Suggestion] Pop up toasts by markee on 03-04-2007 at 12:45 PM

Personally I like the Plus toasts because they are modifiable if Patchou would amend some things to do with the skinning of Plus!.  The thing I would like to see however is to add a pictures to the toasts like WLM has.  This is the only thing I believe is missing or needs ahearing to (along with the skinning functionality).

RE: [Suggestion] Pop up toasts by ahmetgns on 03-07-2007 at 11:52 PM

I am not interested in modifying those MP!L toast windows so I prefer WLM's toast windows. Also one of them prevent the other to be displayed when they must be displayed in the same time. It is a bit annoying. I prefer all notifications would pop-up on top of the other at the same time.

RE: [Suggestion] Pop up toasts by deAd on 03-07-2007 at 11:58 PM

Creating genuine WLM toasts is possible and not extremely difficult, however, the Plus! toasts are better for Plus! because there is a lot more control over them, among other things..

RE: [Suggestion] Pop up toasts by Patchou on 03-08-2007 at 01:08 AM

Except for the fact that both kind of toasts dont appear together, why should it matter? they look pretty much the same, at least, they're supposed to. Using my own toasts allow me to do whatever I want in them, I don't plan on using Messenger's ones but I'm opened to hear what you have to say negative about the current ones (there's always room for improvement I guess :)).

RE: [Suggestion] Pop up toasts by RaceProUK on 03-08-2007 at 06:05 PM

I'm siding with Patchou on this one: using your own toasts gives you so much more control. Not only can you control their exact size and speed, you can also tailor the shape, animation, content, anything you want to!

Needless to say, Phoenix Live will use its own toasts over Messenger's.

RE: [Suggestion] Pop up toasts by ahmetgns on 03-09-2007 at 07:30 PM

Also WLM displays pop-up windows with the color which we have set for every individual contact. For example when I am chatting with X in a blue conversation window, suddenly a green (which is default color of Messenger) pop-up appears stating that X Signed Out. Then again a blue pop-up is displayed by WLM stating that X signed in again.

Also "Messenger Event" which appears on the top of Plus!'s pop-ups is unnecessary, because it is obvious that is an Messenger Event. Instead, emphasize the brand as Messenger Plus! Live (like pop-ups of POP3 notifications of Plus!) like Windows Live Messenger.

These are my ideas. Thanks!

EDIT: I thought again and decided to use MP!Live toasts, it is not necessary to use WLM's ones. There is not that much need to use them.

RE: RE: [Suggestion] Pop up toasts by CookieRevised on 03-10-2007 at 12:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Also "Messenger Event" which appears on the top of Plus!'s pop-ups is unnecessary, because it is obvious that is an Messenger Event.
No it is not, there are more Plus! 3 toasts which could popup, going from POP3 notification toasts to toasts from scripts. "Messenger Event" as title is not useless at all.

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Instead, emphasize the brand as Messenger Plus! Live
The Plus! popups do look different, and have already the icon from Plus!, why bloating the toast even more for something which _is_ obvious from first sight (unlike the reason for the toast)?

Anyways, if you want to have different looking Plus! toasts, then you could skin them easly btw.