Shoutbox

My I.p Safety - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: My I.p Safety (/showthread.php?tid=72307)

My I.p Safety by Cool Fruits on 03-03-2007 at 11:55 PM

Ok well this is proberly a hell-of-a stupid question but I really like these forums, and I was on another forum for MSN (not naming any names:@) and I ended up getting into an argument with another member about the uselessness of winks and the admins threatened to make my I.P address public all over the forums. Now the argument was not that bad but I only had 110 posts and the other member had 500 now he therefore has more reputation then me meaning I had to back down. Now I know about the legalities of that so I decided to delete my account. Now I'm wondering if I stay here and grow to like these forums more that wont happen, because lol every time I see the I.P address: Logged; down the bottom of my post I get sort of anxious..
Sorry lol.. I'm proberly paranoid..

RE: My I.p Safety by Voldemort on 03-03-2007 at 11:59 PM

In my almost two years here, the most I have seen is members getting banned, for spamming, not arguments.

RE: My I.p Safety by Hank on 03-04-2007 at 12:00 AM

IP logging on any forum is Essential an or default so it wont matter what forum you go to, but over the years iv'e been here, its a great friendly forum at times, , dont let the " I.P Address: Logged " ) scare you off, just because you had 1 bad incident at another forum, doesn't mean thats gonna happen here

RE: My I.p Safety by Supersonicdarky on 03-04-2007 at 12:28 AM

err, nothing's gonna happen if your ip goes public =/

just as proof: 70.*.*.* (edited because the thread is now closed)

nothing will happen.

RE: My I.p Safety by Cool Fruits on 03-04-2007 at 12:32 AM

Point Taken. Lock this.

RE: My I.p Safety by WDZ on 03-04-2007 at 12:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Cool Fruits
...and the admins threatened to make my I.P address public all over the forums
Wow, that's pretty immature. :-/

Being a bit of a privacy freak myself, I take the privacy of our members quite seriously, and I would never condone such nonsense here at msghelp.net. :P

No matter how much you annoy the staff here, we would not stoop to that level.

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
err, nothing's gonna happen if your ip goes public =/
Probably true. Most web sites you access will log your IP address, and there are numerous ways for other people to obtain it. However, unless you're running a server or something, it's best to keep it private.

quote:
Originally posted by Cool Fruits
Point Taken. Lock this.
OK, done.