Shoutbox

Need to buy cheap PC speakers - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Need to buy cheap PC speakers (/showthread.php?tid=72349)

Need to buy cheap PC speakers by alegator on 03-05-2007 at 09:31 AM

I need to buy a pair of cheap stereo PC speakers. I'll be happy if the MAX volume is loud enough and if distortion is minimum. I'll be using them for listening MP3's, watching DVD movies, and for chatting. Thanks for any suggestions.

RE: RE: Need to buy cheap PC speakers by Funness on 03-05-2007 at 12:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
HSC there will be some cheap ones on eBay but I think he wants like a brand type. Theres no point looking on eBay if you don't know what your looking for.

@ alegator : I suggest some good Logitech speakers. Either the  Logitech X-230 (2.1) or the Logitech X-530 (5.1) I've had both and both have been sufficient for your uses and they sound alright for the price.

Quoting for truth about X-530. Currently using mine with 2 mounted on the wall behind me. I got mine for $90AUD and I was supprised with the quality.
RE: Need to buy cheap PC speakers by Plik on 03-05-2007 at 12:42 PM

I've never had a problem with either of the sets of creative speakers i've got, they are fairly cheep and have good sound quality

RE: Need to buy cheap PC speakers by albert on 03-05-2007 at 01:16 PM

Using the logitech x-230.

Really satisfied.

RE: Need to buy cheap PC speakers by vaccination on 03-05-2007 at 04:17 PM

I have the Logitech X-530, and they're awesome. I'd definitely recommend.

RE: Need to buy cheap PC speakers by Woraug on 03-05-2007 at 04:31 PM

Just run by Walmart and grab a set.  You won't spend more than $35. 

RE: Need to buy cheap PC speakers by alegator on 03-05-2007 at 08:54 PM

Yes, I was referring to the brand/model. Anyone has any feedback on the Genius SP-F350?
Link

RE: Need to buy cheap PC speakers by CookieRevised on 03-06-2007 at 12:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alegator
I need to buy a pair of cheap stereo PC speakers. I'll be happy if the MAX volume is loud enough and if distortion is minimum. I'll be using them for listening MP3's, watching DVD movies, and for chatting. Thanks for any suggestions.
You want cheap speakers... but all the stuff said in the thread is about brand speakers. So what do you want exactly? A cheap speaker set, or a quality not so cheap brand speaker set?

A basic set of speaker shouldn't costs more than $10....
(eg: http://www.geeks.com/products_sc.asp?cat=780)

note: and most do sound good for playing MP3, chatting, playing, etc... Eveything has todo with how loud you're going to play. But if you're not going to use the speakers as your "personal disco" and playing music for your neighbours too, a cheap set of speaker is just as good as expensive speakers (I call $90 rediculus expensive for pc speakers)...
RE: Need to buy cheap PC speakers by alegator on 03-07-2007 at 10:22 AM

I just want a set of stereo speakers that will sound loud enough to be able to listen to DVD movies and MP3's within say 15 feet distance. A cheap brand reliable speaker set with the above requirement.

RE: Need to buy cheap PC speakers by stu on 03-09-2007 at 06:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Woraug
Just run by Walmart and grab a set.  You won't spend more than $35.

Take them back the next day if you dont like them.. Cant go wrong with trying that.