Shoutbox

SweetIM & Messenger Live Plus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: SweetIM & Messenger Live Plus (/showthread.php?tid=72372)

SweetIM & Messenger Live Plus by ollecram on 03-06-2007 at 03:57 PM

Hello, i have a problem with messenger plus & sweetim. Sweetim is a software that add smiles to msn or windows live messenger.

I use windows live messenger v8.1.0178.00, windows xp sp2, last sweetim and messenger live plus v4.20.0.262.

The prolem is: A program excludes the other if both ar installed on the pc, if I install sweetim and later I install messenger live plus, the proam is resident to pc but not in msn. If I install messenger live plus and later I install sweetim, the proam is resident to pc but not in msn.

The problem is introduced installing the last versions of the program. I don't remember from which version of messenger live plus the problem it is present.

Thanks for eventual answers.:)

RE: SweetIM & Messenger Live Plus by Zahid™ on 03-06-2007 at 04:08 PM

Yes, this has been known for some time now. Maybe in the future Patchou will make them compatible. Also read the stickies before posting.
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=70936

RE: SweetIM & Messenger Live Plus by ollecram on 03-06-2007 at 04:48 PM

Thanks, but I would want to use them both. Do not exists a patch? I use a lot smiles of sweetim:(

RE: SweetIM & Messenger Live Plus by Thor on 03-06-2007 at 04:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ollecram

Thanks, but I would want to use them both. Do not exists a patch? I use a lot smiles of sweetim(Smilie)

Not possible, only one of them is possible at the moment. ;)
RE: SweetIM & Messenger Live Plus by absorbation on 03-06-2007 at 05:09 PM

It's not up to Patchou to make it compatible, Plus! attempts to find another way not to conflict with these programs, it's Sweet IM's fault the programs do not work together. The best solution is to email the creator of Sweet IM :).

RE: SweetIM & Messenger Live Plus by Patchou on 03-06-2007 at 07:14 PM

If the guy from SweetIM contacts me, I'll be glad to try to sort it out with him. Until then...

RE: SweetIM & Messenger Live Plus by oldboy on 03-21-2007 at 12:06 AM

its about time sweetim sorted it out or they will lose out to plus

RE: SweetIM & Messenger Live Plus by ^BrokenHeart^ on 02-13-2012 at 05:37 PM

long time ago ... 2 years maybe .. i was using Messenger Plus and sweet im with no problem.

the problem began with messenger plus 5 version

RE: SweetIM & Messenger Live Plus by CookieRevised on 02-15-2012 at 12:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ^BrokenHeart^
long time ago ... 2 years maybe .. i was using Messenger Plus and sweet im with no problem.

the problem began with messenger plus 5 version
The problem existed long before Plus! 5....
RE: SweetIM & Messenger Live Plus by ^BrokenHeart^ on 02-15-2012 at 01:00 AM

i was using Messenger Plus 4... and sweet im with windows xp and vista perfectly perfect without any problem

RE: SweetIM & Messenger Live Plus by CookieRevised on 02-15-2012 at 01:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ^BrokenHeart^
i was using Messenger Plus 4... and sweet im with windows xp and vista perfectly perfect without any problem
It mostly depends on the version of SweetIM, not on Plus!. Many versions of SweetIM have problems with Plus!. There are/were even problems with the combination of certain SweetIM versions and Plus! 3 iirc.
RE: SweetIM & Messenger Live Plus by Menthix on 02-15-2012 at 12:08 PM

The problems used to be less obvious. They existed, but because they weren't always that obvious there is a chance people weren't connecting the dots. Right now the SweetIM & Plus! combo leads to http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=96700 which makes it hard not to spot.

This thread itself is from 2007, showing problems existed at least 5 years ago.

RE: SweetIM & Messenger Live Plus by ^BrokenHeart^ on 02-15-2012 at 05:53 PM

Menthix ..... well ... now you say it ... yes .... you are right
it's been more years ....
shit .. am getting older and older ....

but they were working ok ..  i remember it for sure