Shoutbox

WLMD - Cannot send SMTP mail issue - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: WLMD - Cannot send SMTP mail issue (/showthread.php?tid=72386)

WLMD - Cannot send SMTP mail issue by RaceProUK on 03-07-2007 at 12:54 AM

I have a few e-mail accounts set up on my web hosting, and can receive mail on all of them fine. However, no matter how I configure WLMD, I cannot send from them. Sending from my Hotmail account inside WLMD works though.

The error code I get is 0x800CCC0E.
My ISP is Be Broadband

The strange thing is, last time I set this all up (with a different ISP), it all worked first time.

WLMD = Windows Live Mail Desktop.

Ideas on a postcard please :P

RE: WLMD - Cannot send SMTP mail issue by zaher1988 on 03-08-2007 at 11:53 AM

Sending fails when you input wrong smtp server, i guess for your sites you use your ISP smtp server. Have you tried using their smtp server IP instead of smtp.yourISP.com or something?

Also, my other connection uses a different ISP, this ISP requires you to register on their site the email you want to use their smtp server with before you can use it, do you think your ISP also requires this?

RE: WLMD - Cannot send SMTP mail issue by RaceProUK on 03-08-2007 at 05:59 PM

I might try the IP, other than that, I guess I'll just keep experimenting.

RE: WLMD - Cannot send SMTP mail issue by zaher1988 on 03-08-2007 at 07:03 PM

The second idea might be the case also, I wonder if any one had to do like this before, but it exists... :P contact your ISP.

RE: WLMD - Cannot send SMTP mail issue by albert on 03-08-2007 at 07:13 PM

I don't exactly understand if this is what zaher proposed, but my ISP ( and a few others) require you to use a special stmp server (afaik it's to reduce spam).

My best advice is to contact you isp so you can get a good stmp server adress.

RE: WLMD - Cannot send SMTP mail issue by zaher1988 on 03-08-2007 at 07:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alby
I don't exactly understand if this is what zaher proposed, but my ISP ( and a few others) require you to use a special stmp server (afaik it's to reduce spam).
Does this require you to register (on a special form in their site) the email that you need to use before being able to use it? if yes then it is the same.

RE: WLMD - Cannot send SMTP mail issue by albert on 03-08-2007 at 07:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zaher1988
this require you to register (on a special form in their site)

It is not required here, since all the port is blocked, therefore any e-mail will not work (that's if I understood correctly..)