Shoutbox

Free antivirus war - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Free antivirus war (/showthread.php?tid=72393)

Free antivirus war by Weyzza on 03-07-2007 at 02:30 AM

I want you all who use free antivirus participate in thread.
Say why your antivirus is better than other free antivirus.

Rules:
1. Don't compare it with paid software.
2. Don't say that it requires less resources unless you know for sure that it requires less resources.

I really want to see this thread to be like Your favorite web browser?.

I found this by the way.

RE: Free antivirus war by linx05 on 03-07-2007 at 02:38 AM

Just look up AV-Comparitives.org and you will see Avira is one of if not the top AV there.

Low CPU usage aswell. I would use it if I hadn't of paid for NOD32.

RE: Free antivirus war by user27089 on 03-07-2007 at 07:54 AM

I prefer using AntiVir, it seems less intrusive than AVG. I've never tried Avast though.

RE: Free antivirus war by Eddie on 03-07-2007 at 08:33 AM

I liked both AVG and Avast used them both for an equal amount of time basically, and they both worked very well for me :)

RE: Free antivirus war by linx05 on 03-07-2007 at 09:15 AM

Could we have some statistics and facts instead of "it works very well for me".

RE: Free antivirus war by Eddie on 03-07-2007 at 09:26 AM

Well i had no problems with my PC throughout the time i had them installed, and when a couple of viruses were found it removed them or quarantine, so basically i felt my PC  was safe during that time. But i dont use any antiviruses now.

RE: Free antivirus war by Thor on 03-07-2007 at 09:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
But i dont use any antiviruses now.
That's a bit silly. No offence, but if you're on Windows, anti-virus apps is a must.

I used Avast!, now I'm using the paid one when I'm on Win. I've downlaoded alot of crap, but Avast! has warned me in the cases where there has been viruses, or remote attacks. <3 it.
RE: RE: Free antivirus war by joemailey on 03-07-2007 at 01:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitro
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
But i dont use any antiviruses now.
That's a bit silly. No offence, but if you're on Windows, anti-virus apps is a must.

I used Avast!, now I'm using the paid one when I'm on Win. I've downlaoded alot of crap, but Avast! has warned me in the cases where there has been viruses, or remote attacks. <3 it.

Technically anti virus is not a must. I use vista x64 have choosen not to run any anti virus software on it, until onecare supports it (god knows when that is)

Most people end up with viruses due to mis use of there PCs and not being aware of what there doing.

(yes onecare is preformaning badly in lot of tests lately) but i aint bothered i still like it lol. intergates its self well with windows and windows firewall. etc etc. only going  one way and thats up :-)

Example i clean up lot PC from time to time. usually because people have stuff toolbars that have spyware n viruses etc etc  (most of which come from sites they shouldnt be on)