Shoutbox

Auto-update not working - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Auto-update not working (/showthread.php?tid=72427)

Auto-update not working by rock3r on 03-07-2007 at 09:12 PM

Hi everybody... I noticed that Plus!' auto-update feature doesn't work as it doesn't tell when a new version is avaiable... I just saw there is v4.20 since february, but it isn't reported for me or many of my friends to be avaiable. The feature checkbox is selected....

PS: I'm using Italian version of WLM, WinXP SP2 Pro, and Plus! italian translation (i don't think it helps, but just to let you know...)

RE: Auto-update not working by qgroessl on 03-07-2007 at 09:16 PM

I'm not positve on this one.... but I'm pretty sure the auto-update feature is delayed... so that the servers are not overloaded when a new version comes out... I'm not sure how long the delay is or anything like that though.

RE: Auto-update not working by NanaFreak on 03-07-2007 at 09:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
I'm not positve on this one.... but I'm pretty sure the auto-update feature is delayed... so that the servers are not overloaded when a new version comes out... I'm not sure how long the delay is or anything like that though.
it was delayed so that the script developers could work on their scripts more ;)
RE: Auto-update not working by Patchou on 03-08-2007 at 01:14 AM

Well, actually it's always delayed for at least about a week to be sure there's no catastrophic bug in the new version (can't never be too cautious). Also, it helps diluting the increase of downloads too as during auto-update periods, the daily download count on the setup can go beyond the million, that's 6TB of traffic a day for a single file and, well... that's a lot :p.

RE: Auto-update not working by rock3r on 03-08-2007 at 10:36 AM

thank you for the info... anyway last time i updated to v4.11 it was avaiable about 2-3 weeks before i actually noticed there was an update..