Shoutbox

Internet perv's - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Internet perv's (/showthread.php?tid=72450)

Internet perv's by Discrate on 03-08-2007 at 01:54 PM

I just went into a adult chat room, and i said "anyone want to talk to a 12/f/aus on msn???" and i was surprized at how many adult men wanted to chat to me. I am disgusted with how many did. I decided to do this becuase i went to a site one of the new members postsed where they put up chat logs and photos of internet perv's so i am not catching them out and sending the chat logs in. What do you think about internet perve's? have you had an encounter with one, when you were younger?

RE: Internet perv's by Felu on 03-08-2007 at 02:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
have you had an encounter with one, when you were younger?
No :P, I have had access to the internet only since last year when i have 11 anyways :P.

quote:
i said "anyone want to talk to a 12/f/aus on msn???"
You said that because you wanted to see them on webcam doing stuff...
* Felu runs from Discrate

RE: Internet perv's by Discrate on 03-08-2007 at 02:05 PM

No i am actually seeing how many people would say yes, and also i am trying to catch some people out for that site.

RE: Internet perv's by Sunshine on 03-08-2007 at 02:20 PM

The more anonymous a chatmedium is the more pervs you'll find.

On WLM you can now report those who harass you by going to Help > Report Abuse.

Personal experience with a perv...years years back on a p2p program wich had a built in chatserver with several chatrooms (usermade) i played a prank on one of them...
It was on a regular chatroom where loads of those came in that day and everyone got sick and tired of em. So then i decided to gross one out really bad, have a bit of fun...i played along and went into private chat with the guy (updating everybody else thru private too, so they know whats going on and have a laugh too)..pretended i was a 16 year old girl from the UK. Chatted him up a bit...he wanted a picture of me (nekkid one ofcourse) but no way i was gonna do that so i demanded he'd send me a pic of his dick first...i even had to explain to him how to share the pic and all. As expected he shared the picture and as he could see if it was downloaded, i downloaded it...When that was finished i said in the main chan a plain publique to him "Thanks for the picture, i'm a 86 (or something like that age..don't remember excactly wich age i used) year old male who just wanked over your picture." He was completely shocked and left in disgust. I don't think he ever tried cybering like that again.

Now i wouldn't go into just any chatroom and provoce them. Esp not in an adult one in wich such things can be expected. You have absolutely no idea who you are up against and things could turn out really ugly.

RE: RE: Internet perv's by Discrate on 03-08-2007 at 02:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
The more anonymous a chatmedium is the more pervs you'll find.

On WLM you can now report those who harass you by going to Help > Report Abuse.

Personal experience with a perv...years years back on a p2p program wich had a built in chatserver with several chatrooms (usermade) i played a prank on one of them...
It was on a regular chatroom where loads of those came in that day and everyone got sick and tired of em. So then i decided to gross one out really bad, have a bit of fun...i played along and went into private chat with the guy (updating everybody else thru private too, so they know whats going on and have a laugh too)..pretended i was a 16 year old girl from the UK. Chatted him up a bit...he wanted a picture of me (nekkid one ofcourse) but no way i was gonna do that so i demanded he'd send me a pic of his dick first...i even had to explain to him how to share the pic and all. As expected he shared the picture and as he could see if it was downloaded, i downloaded it...When that was finished i said in the main chan a plain publique to him "Thanks for the picture, i'm a 86 (or something like that age..don't remember excactly wich age i used) year old male who just wanked over your picture." He was completely shocked and left in disgust. I don't think he ever tried cybering like that again.

Now i wouldn't go into just any chatroom and provoce them. Esp not in an adult one in wich such things can be expected. You have absolutely no idea who you are up against and things could turn out really ugly.

HAHAHHAHA! thats a good one. I just caught 2 people out. i got chat logs so i will be posting it on the site and i will be forwarding them to child protection agencies.
RE: RE: Internet perv's by Vimto on 03-08-2007 at 04:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
When that was finished i said in the main chan a plain publique to him "Thanks for the picture, i'm a 86 (or something like that age..don't remember excactly wich age i used) year old male who just wanked over your picture." He was completely shocked and left in disgust. I don't think he ever tried cybering like that again.

:rofl: :P

I dont seriously think that the police or whoever is trying to stop these people will ever suceed. Kind of flaw to the internet its so easy to trick people.
RE: RE: RE: Internet perv's by CookieRevised on 03-08-2007 at 04:25 PM

quote:
I just caught 2 people out. i got chat logs so i will be posting it on the site and i will be forwarding them to child protection agencies.
plz do not... It doesn't help one single bit either...

I'm not going to repeat (aka cross-posting) everything I've said in that other thread, so:
CookieRevised's reply to Advertising msgpluslive.net

EDIT: to make it crystal clear for some: The linked post above is about sites which lure and trick people and then they publish the chat log and photo of those cought people on the net. Such sites do not help one single bit at all. The post (and thread) explains why. I especilly linked to that post so I didn't needed to repeat everything over again to avoid cross-posting and cross-discussions. I think my attempt was futile...
RE: Internet perv's by NiteMare on 03-08-2007 at 04:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
and why not, every report that goes in, helps get one more creep identifyed, and put behind bars if its bad enough. i f you don't report then they stay out there, and sure these are just joke to get them in the open, but there are REAL underage kids that get strung in to this stuff everyday.

so whats the harm in tracking down these people and reporting them to the authorities? at the very least, the police will investigate, find him innocent, and nothing will happen. but if he's guilty, action will be taken

for you to post asking people not to do this is low, even for you, cookie
RE: Internet perv's by Weyzza on 03-08-2007 at 05:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
at the very least, the police will investigate, find him innocent, and nothing will happen.
Nothing will happen?
If you do this repeatedly, you could be charged for giving false information to the authorities.

I'd say, just leave the job to the professional investigators.
They have been trained, have more experience and make livings out of it.
And they do not need teens to help them.

However, if you come into contact with a pedophile, it's your responsibility to report it.

Say that the police in your area have issued an amber alert, will you take a day off from work to catch the kidnapper?

Please draw a line between deliberately finding a criminal with your own hands and being disturbed by a criminal.

You are not a hero. Period.
RE: Internet perv's by Stigmata on 03-08-2007 at 05:48 PM

http://bash.org/?search=bloodninja

^^

good internet pervs

RE: Internet perv's by prashker on 03-08-2007 at 07:49 PM

LOL SUNSHINE :LOL:!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: RE: Internet perv's by CookieRevised on 03-09-2007 at 12:03 AM

quote:
quote:
and why not, every report that goes in, helps get one more creep identifyed, and put behind bars if its bad enough.
Read my linked post to know why not...

Identified: Who says those person are 'creeps' at all? I explained in my linked post how easy it would be for someone to submit a report out of revenge, grunge, etc.

Put behind bars: The whole point of my linked post was exactly that such sites do not, I repeat: do not, have anything to do with proper investigations, police or are even slightly related to govermental or other official instances which handle these cases. Nobody who is 'listed' on those sites will ever be put behind bars.

quote:
if you don't report then they stay out there,
Yes,report them to the proper instances, not to some random site made by some amature youngsters who have no education in this field what-so-ever or even don't have a notion of privacy (to say it blunt). eg: take a look at all those final cam-shots from the tricksters of the site I'm actually talking about. They are not educated professionals, even not in the smallest way.

quote:
so whats the harm in tracking down these people and reporting them to the authorities? at the very least, the police will investigate, find him innocent, and nothing will happen. but if he's guilty, action will be taken
What authorities? What police? What investigation? Where do they suddenly come from?

I'm sorry, but I think you didn't even took a minute the time to read the post I linked to. The website advertised there does not have _anything_ todo with authorities at all.

In that post I explicitly said that if you want to do something about it, you should report it to the _proper_ instances, aka the authorities... not reporting it to some random site made by 15 year olds. That is what my linked post is about.

And to reply to your literal quote: submitting false reports takes precious time away from the police (who are already with too little people). Time which they could have used to investigate real cases. Thus again not helping at all...

quote:
for you to post asking people not to do this is low, even for you, cookie
Excuse me but I think you didn't understood 1 single word of what I've said in that post I linked to, or didn't read it at all. actually read posts (properly), and try to understand what is being said, Nitemare.
RE: RE: Internet perv's by Chris4 on 03-09-2007 at 01:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
http://bash.org/?search=bloodninja

^^

good internet pervs

:lol: That is the funniest sh*t I ever read :lol:

http://bash.org/?642195
RE: Internet perv's by MeEtc on 03-09-2007 at 01:30 AM

That dude is a stereotypical perv if i ever read about one :lol:

RE: Internet perv's by Voldemort on 03-09-2007 at 01:54 AM

People should be educated not to trust people met online, that is the root of all of this problems....
Lying is the problem to this.... lying is the same as the things they do, it's being as low as them.....
You should report when you come across one, as Weyzza accurately says we are not heroes.. and "REPORTING" to those lame sites is equally lame as the things they do.
The problem with the internet is that you can lie and get away with it.

Edit:
Actually, let's compare it with this:
You walk down the sidewalk and find a $200 bill, with no one near or a way to return it.... what would you do, take it or leave it? bite the bait or not?

quote:
Nitemare.
*NightMare

RE: Internet perv's by Cool Fruits on 03-09-2007 at 02:03 AM

There should be a law that people about 50 cant talk to people who arnt classified as adults over the internet.. Unless they are related.

RE: Internet perv's by Menthix on 03-09-2007 at 02:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Cool Fruits
There should be a law that people about 50 cant talk to people who arnt classified as adults over the internet.. Unless they are related.
:s Great way to completely fuckup the generation gap even further.
RE: Internet perv's by Voldemort on 03-09-2007 at 02:07 AM

quote:
If you asked me, i would tell you that that is unreasonable and would be virtually impossible to implement and would prevent people "spreading knowledge"
RE: Internet perv's by MeEtc on 03-09-2007 at 02:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort

You walk down the sidewalk and find a $200 bill, with no one near or a way to return it.... what would you do, take it or leave it? bite the bait or not?

I'd take it, knowing that it's fake.
There is no $200 bill here :XP:
RE: RE: Internet perv's by CookieRevised on 03-09-2007 at 02:17 AM

quote:

(even related people could abuse eachother)
anyways, dunno about a law, but:
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
If you asked me, i would tell you that that is unreasonable and would be virtually impossible to implement and would prevent people "spreading knowledge"
This isn't so impossible as it seems though...

MS, for example, has been experimenting (well, more than that actually, it is already implemented in some places) with internet IDs. In this way, people will still be anonymous to eachother (to a certain extent, depending on what you do), but can easly be tracked in cases of abuse. It also makes, for example, that you can't just enter a chat room for children if you're an adult (as you would need a childs id card and the password). Or, with such an ID, it is possible to know exactly who you're talking to in a chat room, etc... many possebilities with it which could prevent many abuse.
RE: Internet perv's by dylan! on 03-09-2007 at 04:05 AM

a bit hypocritical i think... how do you know they're actually adults too? and them, being older and possibly on the computer just for those reasons and not knowing much about computers at all might think that kids cannot get into the chat room because its an "adultchatroom" and that your just trying to talk dirty or something to them...  and what kind of 12 year old girl tries to go on adult chatrooms and asking everybody if they want to chat with her?? if she does this then I think she has it comming... or lets say it was a non adult chatroom and some older guy is lying about his age to chat or get with or w.e with little girls or boys and lied about his age and stuff... its kinda the same thing you going into older chatrooms and lying about your age to talk to a certain age group and what not.....
note: this isn't my opinion, although another point of view