Shoutbox

I need to buy a good laptop. Any suggestions? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: I need to buy a good laptop. Any suggestions? (/showthread.php?tid=72484)

I need to buy a good laptop. Any suggestions? by Cool Fruits on 03-09-2007 at 08:10 AM

I've checked the websites, IMac etc. and Dell, Logitek blah blah blah and well I only have around $1600 to burn and I want a very good laptop.
One I can kinda show off to everyone and that has a nice speed and good sound card. Vista would be preferred but it doesn't have to be, it doesn't have to be windows either.
I don't want to play games so the Vid card doesn't have to be special. I just want something I can rely on and that I can carry around & that plays music well with like alot of HDD space (which isn't really a problem because I can stick more in there anyway)
anyone know any good brands? or Specs that could shout at me?
Thanks

RE: I need to buy a good laptop. Any suggestions? by duck! on 03-09-2007 at 08:13 AM

Alienware is a good place for desktops and notebooks
Always look for computers with 1Gb ram and a vista premium ready lable :p If you want vista =p
www.alienware.com

RE: I need to buy a good laptop. Any suggestions? by Ptoye on 03-09-2007 at 06:01 PM

hey,

yeh as duck say's if you want something that will look cool then alienware is a very good choice, i would recommend for your price the area 51 m5790. this starts at $1299, but with a few good upgraded you could use up the £1600. but i think these are a bit overpriced for the dieign of them. so concider the specs against what you could get elsewhere for the same price.

Another option i think would be good is the Rock computer manufacter.  www.rockdirect.com
pagasus 665 would be i would reccomend in your case. With no upgrade this works out to be around $1550

mesh are another good company although i personally do not think that they are the niciest looking laptops, although some are there are some ones with i do not like.

you should also try sony. the FE serius would be good.

Hope this helps!!

P.toye

RE: I need to buy a good laptop. Any suggestions? by Max on 03-11-2007 at 08:13 PM

MacBook. :P

RE: I need to buy a good laptop. Any suggestions? by Kenji on 03-11-2007 at 08:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Max
MacBook. :P
> *
RE: I need to buy a good laptop. Any suggestions? by tony on 03-11-2007 at 09:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Cool Fruits
One I can kinda show off to everyone

errr....

also yeh, get a mac book bro :)
RE: I need to buy a good laptop. Any suggestions? by Max on 03-11-2007 at 09:28 PM

I'm hoping to get a MacBook for when I start school again properly in September. :D

RE: I need to buy a good laptop. Any suggestions? by felipEx on 03-12-2007 at 02:42 AM

how much $ is the macbook?  :D

RE: RE: I need to buy a good laptop. Any suggestions? by Ptoye on 03-12-2007 at 07:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by felipEx
how much $ is the macbook?  :D

the black one, with 2GhZ processor, 1GDRam, 120GD HDD, starts at $1499 :P

you can get them for as cheep as $1099:P