Shoutbox

[Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=72503)

[Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by nunoperalta on 03-10-2007 at 01:13 AM

Windows Vista Messenger 8.1 with Vista Sound Pack

DOWNLOAD ZIP

Visit new site in english =)

Windows Vista Messenger
www.vistaskin.pt.vu

Version 2.0 (10/03/2007):
- All Messenger is now skinned.
- New efect of smileys, winks and backgrounds' size increase with mousewithin.
- New design in some locals and menus.
- New signin background.
- New icons.
- New scrollbar.
- New shortcuts menu.
- Fixed text effect.
- Fixed background of taskbar of conversation window.
- Fixed contact card.

[Image: listacontactos.jpg]

[Image: conv1.jpg]

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by albert on 03-10-2007 at 01:56 AM

Nice job! A bit too "coloury" for me, but I'll give it a try when I get back home. :)

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Eddie on 03-10-2007 at 08:05 AM

Looks very nice :) Will try it out in a little while :)

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by John Anderton on 03-10-2007 at 08:46 AM

A bit too "couloury" for me :P I think I'll stick with the default stuff :P
Looks good but you might have over done it a bit :sad:

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Hank on 03-10-2007 at 08:50 AM

i think it looks good.. they look better than the skins/coloring themes MS Tput in WLM, Number 1 reason why i ont really use WLM anymore is because the WLM colors look shit on a 64bit OS, ( will take a screenshot to show what i mean ) im not the only one with this problem either

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Eddie on 03-10-2007 at 08:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
A bit too "couloury" for me :P I think I'll stick with the default stuff :P
Looks good but you might have over done it a bit :sad:
hmm yes i guess your right :P lol, i also have no CLUE how to install it :S so im sticking to the norm :(
RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Felu on 03-10-2007 at 08:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
i also have no CLUE how to install it :S so im sticking to the norm :(
Erm, download the zip, close messenger copy the msgres.dll from the zip to MSN Messenger folder in Program Files and rename the old one to something like msgres_original.dll and then start messenger ;).

Btw the colors in the last version were better :(.
RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Eddie on 03-10-2007 at 08:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Felu
quote:
i also have no CLUE how to install it :S so im sticking to the norm :(
Erm, download the zip, close messenger copy the msgres.dll from the zip to MSN Messenger folder in Program Files and rename the old one to something like msgres_original.dll and then start messenger ;).

Btw the colors in the last version were better :(.
eh i dunno wtf i downloaded then lol it got some weird crap in it *-)

quote:
Originally posted by HSV
i think it looks good.. they look better than the skins/coloring themes MS Tput in WLM, Number 1 reason why i ont really use WLM anymore is because the WLM colors look shit on a 64bit OS, ( will take a screenshot to show what i mean ) im not the only one with this problem either
I see your point there *-)
RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by nunoperalta on 03-14-2007 at 12:58 AM

is this background better? (look also to borders)

[Image: previewlist.jpg]

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by scott2010_h on 03-14-2007 at 02:06 AM

Wow! this is the best (and only) skin that I've seen for 8.1. Love the colors and basically every thing else:D

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Eddie on 03-14-2007 at 08:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by nunoperalta

[img here]]
looks very nice :)
RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Oxy on 03-14-2007 at 05:15 PM

quote:

Yeah, i preferr that one too. the border on it looks really ugly on it.

Also change the ugly thing that happens when you hover the mouse over the buttons.
RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Jimbo on 03-14-2007 at 05:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .OxY
[size=1]
quote:

Yeah, i preferr that one too. the border on it looks really ugly on it.

Also change the ugly thing that happens when you hover the mouse over the buttons.
I like the bluey effect when you hover over the buttons:p

Yes, that background looks a lot better. The border's ok but would be better if it changed colour with the background, maybe?
RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by duck! on 03-14-2007 at 05:40 PM

Lol, i still have the same problem with the file saying its corrupt on vista :sad: Can you host it else where or upload the dll :P

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Oxy on 03-14-2007 at 05:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by duck!
Lol, i still have the same problem with the file saying its corrupt on vista :sad: Can you host it else where or upload the dll :P

Really? no problems here..
RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Jimbo on 03-14-2007 at 05:56 PM

quote:

Try here or here for just the DLL

Or here for the zip folder
RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by duck! on 03-14-2007 at 07:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude
quote:

Try here or here for just the DLL

Or here for the zip folder
:cheesy: Thanks Jimbodude

After looking at the skin i have some problems with it :P
View image for details.
[Image: captureke3.th.jpg]
Note - remove status to name

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Jimbo on 03-14-2007 at 08:10 PM

Personnaly, i like the new way of doing the status.
Also, i like the buttons alligned to the left but i agree with the borders and take away the email button, but not the my recieved files one, i like that one.

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Oxy on 03-14-2007 at 08:13 PM

quote:
Also, i like the buttons alligned to the left but i agree with the borders and take away the email button, but not the my recieved files one, i like that one.

Summed up my opinion too.
quote:
remove

Why is "re" crossed out? :S
RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Jimbo on 03-14-2007 at 08:19 PM

quote:
quote:

quote:
remove

Because he wants the "away" next to his name, rather than next to the statuses. So he wants it moved, not REmoved

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Oxy on 03-14-2007 at 08:21 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:
remove

Because he wants the "away" next to his name, rather than next to the statuses. So he wants it moved, not REmoved

So why did he leave/put the RE in the first place?
RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Jimbo on 03-14-2007 at 08:23 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:
remove

So why did he leave/put the RE in the first place?

We're all human and we all make mistakes.

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Oxy on 03-14-2007 at 08:26 PM

quote:

:/ that still doesnt explain why he put it there in the first place, and the strikes through it makes it seem intentional ^o)
RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Jimbo on 03-14-2007 at 08:28 PM

quote:
quote:

:/ that still doesnt explain why he put it there in the first place, and the strikes through it makes it seem intentional ^o)
No in the screenshot he made the mistake, so then he told us that it was a mistanke but typing it and crossing out the RE
RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Oxy on 03-14-2007 at 08:57 PM

quote:
No in the screenshot he made the mistake, so then he told us that it was a mistanke but typing it and crossing out the RE

oh, i see now :P
RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by vaccination on 03-14-2007 at 10:05 PM

Spammers ¬¬

Anyway, IMHO this skin is ugly. You've kinda gone overboard  with the whole Vista thing. I really don't want that many task bars everywhere. One is enough, and that one is the normal Vista task bar. And the whole moving of the statuses and adding all these dodgy icons everywhere =/

(N)

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by nunoperalta on 03-14-2007 at 11:55 PM

Thanks for your opinions =)

And...

i updated the preview

LOOL =)

I've REmoved the status to nick =)

and a lot of fixes =)

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Jimbo on 03-15-2007 at 06:45 AM

quote:
Thanks for your opinions =)

And...

i updated the preview

LOOL =)

I've REmoved the status to nick =)

and a lot of fixes =)

Looks 100X better but i 100% hate the large DPs in the contact list.
Make them smaller again please =)
RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by aNILEator on 03-15-2007 at 08:10 AM

seriously delete the shittastic background pictures and it might be alright...... maybe...

RE: RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by nunoperalta on 03-15-2007 at 03:14 PM

quote:
Looks 100X better but i 100% hate the large DPs in the contact list.
Make them smaller again please =)

This is Detailed Contact List =)
RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Jimbo on 03-15-2007 at 03:38 PM

quote:
This is Detailed Contact List =)
So you can turn the huge DPs off?
* Jimbo hopes he says yes =)

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Felu on 03-15-2007 at 03:45 PM

quote:
So you can turn the huge DPs off?
Yes, you should be able to switch back to normal contact list. Atleast nunoperalta last posts reflects the fact that this should be possible to do.
RE: RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by nunoperalta on 03-15-2007 at 09:56 PM

normal contact list was not changed (only address book)... the detailed was more aligned =)

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by nunoperalta on 03-18-2007 at 05:35 AM

Preview:

[Image: previewlogin.jpg]

Do you like it?

Current change log for next release:
- New nudge sound.
- New contact list layout with a soft background.
- New Vista login design.
- New Vista icons.
- New universal window border.
- New display picture border in conversation window.
- New contacts' selection color (blue). It's better than black one.
- Fixed detailed contact list alignment.
- Fixed the selection on conversation window (the mouse doesn't select correctly).
- Fixed the tooltip for status button (block button's tooltip) - conversation window.
- Fixed the not compatibility with "Edit nick in contact list" feature (StuffPlug).
- Fixed the windows pearl transparency when window is not selected.

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Jimbo on 03-18-2007 at 07:56 AM

quote:
Preview:

Do you like it?

- New nudge sound.
- New Vista icons.
- Fixed the selection on conversation window (the mouse doesn't select correctly).
- Fixed the tooltip for status button (block button's tooltip) - conversation window.
- Fixed the not compatibility with "Edit nick in contact list" feature (StuffPlug).
Looks good but i still dont like the weird border around it
RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by wolfeboy100 on 03-18-2007 at 08:02 AM

yeah the boarder is weird

RE: RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Discrate on 03-18-2007 at 08:22 AM

quote:
Preview:

Do you like it?

- New nudge sound.
- New Vista icons.

When are you going to release it? Release it soon becuase that looks way better then the one you have just released.
RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by ShawnZ on 03-18-2007 at 08:31 AM

don't put a taskbar in windows like that :-/ if you want your app to look like it belongs in vista, then make it look like other vista applications, not like the shell itself 8-)

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by nunoperalta on 03-18-2007 at 01:44 PM

It have no any border.... only contact list and conversation.

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by aNILEator on 03-21-2007 at 07:59 AM

the background image is stretched nasty :-/ you know that those swooshy things belong in the bottom right hand side too ;-)

also min-max-close are not in direct corner :S

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by RaPLeX on 03-21-2007 at 05:17 PM

Is this works with 8.1?

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Felu on 03-21-2007 at 05:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RaPLeX
Is this works with 8.1?
Yes it works with 8.1
RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by RaPLeX on 03-21-2007 at 05:24 PM

I  installed but not works for me,when i click wlm icon doesnt open anything.i back up msgsres.dll and its solved.But i cant use this skin.

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Baggins on 03-21-2007 at 09:25 PM

When I install it wlm appears as a big black box.
It could be that the versions differ i noticed.

EDIT: Heh. I just remembered that I have 8.0 at my dad's house.

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Eddie on 03-22-2007 at 01:07 AM

I like the look for the next version :) Looks cleaner and easier, except maybe the dodgy background, stretched makes it look a bit ugly. But can't wait to check it out :) Sounds like its going to be cool.

RE: RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by nunoperalta on 03-22-2007 at 11:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RaPLeX
I  installed but not works for me,when i click wlm icon doesnt open anything.i back up msgsres.dll and its solved.But i cant use this skin.

http://forum.mess.be/index.php?showtopic=21107

Is this the problem?
RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Felu on 03-27-2007 at 09:51 AM

Can we have a download link (A)?

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by nunoperalta on 03-27-2007 at 11:07 AM

It is a preview... =)

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by aNILEator on 03-28-2007 at 07:48 AM

looking better, I think you need to tweak the format bar in chat window

Dunno if this is possible but it would be great if you kept it the same as it currently is in Messenger, because currently it looks a bit dodgy tbh coming from the left hand side and having the vista orb

So my proposal is, keep it the same as in messenger currently BUT add a sexy aero look to it :)

EDIT:

Also that's a pretty hefty border and gap between the Message Pane and the Display pictures, perhaps this can be altered some way or removed
see screenshot for the default vista window borders if you still decide to keep them

[Image: attachment.php?pid=802720]

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Eddie on 03-28-2007 at 07:54 AM

Startin to look pretty cool :)

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by aNILEator on 03-28-2007 at 08:18 AM

Also Ideally I'd still want to be able to centre all my buttons remove billing and paid for extras stuff adverts blah blah blah :P

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by nunoperalta on 03-29-2007 at 08:51 PM

Version 2.5 released!

www.vistaskin.pt.vu

please ONLY report bugs, and not suggest anything =)

You can suggest something about colors for my next version... the black version =)
The black version will be the same skin that this one released.

Thanks =)

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Oxy on 03-29-2007 at 09:31 PM

Looking good, Getting better i'd say!

quote:
please ONLY report bugs, and not suggest anything =)

Why? :s

quote:
You can suggest something about colors for my next version... the black version =)

Didn't really give us much choice there, did ya buddy :^)
RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by aNILEator on 03-30-2007 at 09:49 AM

Sounds like he doesn't want to go too far out of his way to make a skin tbh

PS where is the 2.5 download link on your site?

the one in downloads says 2.1 and the .zip is a 404 error (I think)

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Eddie on 03-30-2007 at 10:08 AM

Looks cool, but i dont understand the site, im going to stick with Ev0 i think 8-), good job anyway though...

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator

Atleast hes attempted compared to the many that gave up with Windows Live Messenger ;)

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Felu on 03-30-2007 at 10:23 AM

I really don't like the background for contact list. The login window's background is much better imo.

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by John Anderton on 03-30-2007 at 10:38 AM

quote:
You could, I don't know, use black? :)
RE: RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by nunoperalta on 03-30-2007 at 02:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator

PS where is the 2.5 download link on your site?

the one in downloads says 2.1 and the .zip is a 404 error (I think)

Sorry... the download says 2.1, but is 2.5... xD.... I'm going to fix it =)

Thanks!

EDIT:
And yes.... there is an 404 error =/

All will be fixed =)* now!

Thanks!
RE: RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by nunoperalta on 03-30-2007 at 02:15 PM

quote:
Looks cool, but i dont understand the site

Go to site again....

do you understand now? =)
RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Eddie on 03-30-2007 at 03:04 PM

I dont see any changes, unless its the yellow text, i will take a look at the skin soon :)

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by ahmetgns on 03-30-2007 at 08:11 PM

Is it necessary to have Windows Vista to use Windows Vista Messenger? I am using XP and couldn't run that. When I copied .dll file and then tried starting WLM, there is no reply from PC. Only thing I noticed is that msnmsgr.exe is coming to Processes list. I don't use any add-on or patch except Plus! Live.

WLM 8.1
MP!Live 4.20
WINDOWS XP Service Pack 2

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Zahid™ on 03-30-2007 at 08:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Is it necessary to have Windows Vista to use Windows Vista Messenger?
No, try repairing messenger and then try the skin again.
RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by nunoperalta on 03-31-2007 at 01:32 AM

I hate this problem... because I don't know to fix! =/

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by ahmetgns on 04-08-2007 at 03:47 PM

Is there anyone who are using both WLM desktop beta and Windows Vista Messenger at the same computer? I have 2 computers and WLMD is installed on both, and can't use Vista Messenger on both also. Maybe WLMD is preventing Vista Messenger to run.

RE: RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by nunoperalta on 04-08-2007 at 06:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Is there anyone who are using both WLM desktop beta and Windows Vista Messenger at the same computer? I have 2 computers and WLMD is installed on both, and can't use Vista Messenger on both also. Maybe WLMD is preventing Vista Messenger to run.

i use windows live mail desktop.... and the skin works for me =)
RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by ahmetgns on 04-19-2007 at 08:15 AM

Can the problem arise from operating system's current language? Because as you know it didn't work in my two computers which both are Turkish. Other two friends of mine couldn't run it and also RaPLeX too. But I could run it on many computers whose Windows' language is Enlish. Also I could run it on a Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 which is patched with a Turkish patch. I hadn't been able to install IE7 Turkish on that computer because it was saying "This installation's language doesn't support your operating system's current language" (because it is originally English but patched with a Turkish file). I think it is probably caused by the operating system's language. What do you think? Is there anything related to language in that msgsres.dll file?

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by nunoperalta on 05-27-2007 at 11:22 PM

i'm portuguese, and i tested in portuguese computers, and some of them don't work...

international people (different languages) tested the skin and it works....

it doesn't work for all ... but i don't know what is the problem =(

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by kryp2nyt on 05-28-2007 at 11:55 AM

does it work for XP? or only Vista?

RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by duck! on 05-28-2007 at 12:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kryp2nyt
does it work for XP? or only Vista?
Both, if you have windows live messenger 8.1
RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by rory990 on 06-01-2007 at 11:41 PM

i have xp and wlm 8 i downloaded wvm of http://nunoperalta.no.sapo.pt/skin8.1/download.html and i instaled it and everythink and i clicked on finish and the same old wlm login screen came up and i signed it and it was the same on there aswell but the only thing wats different is the noice when a contact logs in thats the only thing what has changed no diffrent skins or anythink can any1 help me :(

RE: RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by High Speed Chaser on 06-02-2007 at 12:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rory990
i have xp and wlm 8 i downloaded wvm of http://nunoperalta.no.sapo.pt/skin8.1/download.html and i instaled it and everythink and i clicked on finish and the same old wlm login screen came up and i signed it and it was the same on there aswell but the only thing wats different is the noice when a contact logs in thats the only thing what has changed no diffrent skins or anythink can any1 help me :(

Did it use an installer or not?

have a look at this How to Install Skins

let me know if this helped rory990

EDIT: good pick up Butcher sorry I thought that said wlm 8.1
RE: RE: [Final Version] Windows Vista Messenger 2.0 by Butcher_ss on 06-02-2007 at 02:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rory990

You say you have wlm 8? The skins are for 8.1, check your wlv version.