Shoutbox

-pure virtual function call - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: -pure virtual function call (/showthread.php?tid=72514)

-pure virtual function call by Marko on 03-10-2007 at 12:06 PM

I followed the steps in "Have SweetIM and/or Smiley Central installed?" and when i reinstalled Windows Live Messenger it wouldn't start. Some kind of error report. It said:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe

R6025
-pure virtual function call

What do I do???
Thanks in advance...

RE: -pure virtual function call by Patchou on 03-10-2007 at 08:11 PM

After making sure you have no more addon installed (including Messenger Plus!) Uninstall Messenger itself, then delete "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger" and reinstall Messenger with Messenger Plus!.

RE: -pure virtual function call by Marko on 03-11-2007 at 10:36 AM

I tried this but by uninstalling MSN Messenger the folder "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger" was deleted also, so I couldn't delete it myself. But this is a problem only on my user account. My sister has no problem using MSN from her account, but I can't even start it so I really don't know what the problem is.

Any more suggestions?? I've run out of ideas what to do*-)

RE: -pure virtual function call by Patchou on 03-12-2007 at 05:16 AM

Can you confirm that uninstalling Messenger Plus! does fix the problem?

RE: -pure virtual function call by Marko on 03-12-2007 at 06:09 AM

No, it doesn't fix the problem. I've uninstalled and then reinstalled everything several times and it still doesn't work.

RE: -pure virtual function call by markee on 03-12-2007 at 06:16 AM

When un-installing and reinstalling completely, did you use the method  explained in CookieRevised's reply to Windows Live Messenger BIG PROBLEM!?  If not then I suggest you give it a go.

RE: -pure virtual function call by vaccination on 03-12-2007 at 08:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Marko
No, it doesn't fix the problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything several times and it still doesn't work.

What Patchou meant was, when you unistall Plus! and WLM and then reinstall only WLM do you still get the problem?
RE: -pure virtual function call by Marko on 03-12-2007 at 12:35 PM

quote:
What Patchou meant was, when you unistall Plus! and WLM and then reinstall only WLM do you still get the problem?

Yes. I've tried installing only WLM but it won't start. I even tried going back to MSN 7.5, but it didn't work.

quote:
When un-installing and reinstalling completely, did you use the method  explained in CookieRevised's reply to Windows Live Messenger BIG PROBLEM!?  If not then I suggest you give it a go.

Nope, that doesn't help either...
RE: -pure virtual function call by Patchou on 03-13-2007 at 05:16 PM

If uninstalling Messenger Plus! does not fixes your problem then another software installed on your system is causing the troubles. All you can do now is find which one and uninstall it. Sorry we cant be of more help than that :)