Shoutbox

[pamphlet] About Islam COVER: Have your vote! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: [pamphlet] About Islam COVER: Have your vote! (/showthread.php?tid=72516)

[pamphlet] About Islam COVER: Have your vote! by Ahmad on 03-10-2007 at 02:26 PM

If you have already voted on another forum, DO NOT VOTE AGAIN! :)

Hey everyone :)

Below I have attached the "About Islam" pamphlet and we need your vote to decide which COVER version will be going to print, God-Willing.

I've attached all 5 versions of the pamphlet in PDF format, please look at the design and make a decision on which COVER better suits the overall pamphlet!

If you cannot view PDF files then download and install Adobe Reader.

#1: View Full Pamphlet+Cover 1

#2: View Full Pamphlet+Cover 2

#3: View Full Pamphlet+Cover 3

#4: View Full Pamphlet+Cover 4

#5: View Full Pamphlet+Cover 5

-----

Please register your vote and do not get the numbers mixed up! :)

If you have already voted on another forum, DO NOT VOTE AGAIN! :)

Thanks in advance!

RE: [pamphlet] About Islam COVER: Have your vote! by John Anderton on 03-10-2007 at 03:22 PM

No jay-pegs? :sad:

RE: [pamphlet] About Islam COVER: Have your vote! by Ahmad on 03-10-2007 at 03:27 PM

Nope sorry :p

RE: [pamphlet] About Islam COVER: Have your vote! by John Anderton on 03-10-2007 at 04:18 PM

My vote is purely based on the design. I'm assuming the content is the same (which it probably is :P)

RE: [pamphlet] About Islam COVER: Have your vote! by Ahmad on 03-10-2007 at 04:18 PM

Yep, all the content is the same, only the cover designs differ.

RE: [pamphlet] About Islam COVER: Have your vote! by saralk on 03-10-2007 at 04:56 PM

This is a random question about Islam, and has nothing to do with the panthlet.

I know you're not allowed to paint portraits of people because a human will never be able to recreate Allah's genius (sorry if I got that wrong)

Does this also extend to humans and plants?

If so, then how come you are allowed to take photos of them, because surely that is the same thing?

If you're not allowed to take pictures of things, then maybe that is a consideration you need to make in your pamphlet design?

RE: [pamphlet] About Islam COVER: Have your vote! by Ahmad on 03-10-2007 at 05:02 PM

Hi, we are aware of the rulings :)

The prohibition is on things with a soul (i.e. humans, animals, etc) and not on plants, sea, sky, wood, etc, etc.

Although, there is a difference between digital, moving and still pictures. For a full explanation of the ruling just read this link:

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=10326&ln=eng

Thanks for voting.

RE: [pamphlet] About Islam COVER: Have your vote! by dotNorma on 03-10-2007 at 07:09 PM

I would have to say the first design is the best with four and three coming after that. Personally, I think the final one is too obviously cut out.

The entire pamphlet is designed very well, in my opinion. I read it and it was informative for a two page pamphlet, too.

Good job. :happy:

RE: [pamphlet] About Islam COVER: Have your vote! by Ahmad on 03-11-2007 at 10:24 AM

Thanks dotNorma :)

Keep the votes rollin' in!

RE: [pamphlet] About Islam COVER: Have your vote! by stoshrocket on 03-11-2007 at 11:22 AM

Yeah, I agree, the first one is the best... Although, I'm not overly sure why they're all based around a flower :P

RE: [pamphlet] About Islam COVER: Have your vote! by ayjay on 03-11-2007 at 12:56 PM

Number 1 looks the best by far :P

RE: [pamphlet] About Islam COVER: Have your vote! by user27089 on 03-11-2007 at 01:24 PM

I really like all of them, but in my opinion number 5 is the nicest.

RE: [pamphlet] About Islam COVER: Have your vote! by Lou on 03-11-2007 at 03:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dotNorma
I would have to say the first design is the best with four and three coming after that.
I have to agree with that. Number one, number four, and number three.
RE: [pamphlet] About Islam COVER: Have your vote! by Ahmad on 03-11-2007 at 03:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by methos
Yeah, I agree, the first one is the best... Although, I'm not overly sure why they're all based around a flower :P
Well, they're based around a (yellow) flower because the 2nd page has a yellow flower across two thirds of it ;) So we were trying to keep things consistent across the whole pamphlet.

Thanks for your input guys, by far you have been more helpful than any other forum at the moment. On Friday, God-Willing, I will announce which cover made it through to print! :)
RE: [pamphlet] About Islam COVER: Have your vote! by Ahmad on 03-16-2007 at 07:11 PM

The final votes are:

#1: 24
#2: 13
#3: 9
#4: 3
#5: 15

So #1 is going through to print God-Willing, thanks for voting :D (Y)

RE: [pamphlet] About Islam COVER: Have your vote! by Ahmad on 05-24-2007 at 08:26 AM

We finally had our first batch of (4) pamphlets printed, 5000 of each. You can find them all online here -> www.iisna.com/pamphlets