Shoutbox

How to convert a bootable CD into a bootable DVD? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: How to convert a bootable CD into a bootable DVD? (/showthread.php?tid=72552)

How to convert a bootable CD into a bootable DVD? by alegator on 03-11-2007 at 04:00 PM

I have an ISO file which is a bootable CD. Nero will only accept to burn it into a CD, not a DVD. How can I make that ISO burn into a DVD so that I can boot from a DVD instead? Thanks.

RE: How to convert a bootable CD into a bootable DVD? by andrewdodd13 on 03-11-2007 at 04:11 PM

Use DVD Decryptor. It's freeware... but it's going to be hard to find.

(Or not... looks like the first link in google has download)

RE: How to convert a bootable CD into a bootable DVD? by Voldemort on 03-11-2007 at 05:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
Softpedia still hosts it afaik :P
RE: RE: How to convert a bootable CD into a bootable DVD? by alegator on 03-11-2007 at 06:46 PM

quote:

(Or not... looks like the first link in google has download)

Ok, so I installed DVD Decryptor 3.5.4.0, but I really can't figure out how to use it in order to convert the ISO CD boot file into an ISO DVD boot file....any hints?
RE: How to convert a bootable CD into a bootable DVD? by andrewdodd13 on 03-11-2007 at 07:45 PM

[Main Menu] Mode -> ISO -> Write

Choose your source.

Insert a DVD.

Choose a DVD Burner.

Click HD->DVD picture.

RE: RE: How to convert a bootable CD into a bootable DVD? by alegator on 03-12-2007 at 01:31 AM

quote:
[Main Menu] Mode -> ISO -> Write

Choose your source.

Insert a DVD.

Choose a DVD Burner.

Click HD->DVD picture.

Thanks Andre.Your outlined procedure worked flawlessly, and I chose to burn the DVD with DVD Decryptor itself.
I followed another procedure and apparently it works:
I generated a file with an "mds" extension (from Tools/Create DVD MDS file) which apparently converts the CD ISO into a DVD.After doing this  I was able to burn this into a DVD (Nero now accepted it), and when loaded into a virtual drive it is recognized as a DVD, and I was also able to boot from it.
RE: How to convert a bootable CD into a bootable DVD? by linx05 on 03-12-2007 at 08:12 AM

Instead of using DVD Decrypter use ImgBurn. It uses the same but improved burning engine from DVD Decrypter. It will allow you to make the disc bootable (see guides).

[Image: imgburnit2.th.png]

RE: RE: How to convert a bootable CD into a bootable DVD? by alegator on 03-12-2007 at 08:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
Instead of using DVD Decrypter use ImgBurn. It uses the same but improved burning engine from DVD Decrypter. It will allow you to make the disc bootable (see guides).

[Image: imgburnit2.th.png]

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Is it freeware?
RE: How to convert a bootable CD into a bootable DVD? by linx05 on 03-12-2007 at 08:57 AM

Why not check the website instead of waiting for a reply? The best burner around. If you have a question, just ask in the forums. They give the best support.

RE: How to convert a bootable CD into a bootable DVD? by alegator on 03-12-2007 at 03:03 PM

I see that it's the same author as DVD Decrypter. Was ImgBurn also banned for legal reasons as DVD Decrypter?

RE: How to convert a bootable CD into a bootable DVD? by linx05 on 03-12-2007 at 03:08 PM

No. It is still being actively developed. It burns and creates images. It has no copy protection removal. So it is safe.

After DVD Decrypter was ceased, the author LIGHTNING UK! used the burning engine from the program and created ImgBurn. It's a must have. Forget about Nero.