Shoutbox

Slow d'load speed. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Slow d'load speed. (/showthread.php?tid=72594)

Slow d'load speed. by duck! on 03-12-2007 at 08:46 PM

I tried to download adobe flash player but it was really slow (656bytes\s), but i have a torrent going 467kb/s :S I have tried stoping and closing utorrent and running the download, no luck :S I have tried resetting the router but still no luck =/ Plus ive tried other download mirrors but still no luck
Help, thanks
[Image: duck.gif]

RE: Slow d'load speed. by Oxy on 03-12-2007 at 08:47 PM

Maybe it's just really slow? or maybe the torrent has more hosts than adobe flash player?

RE: Slow d'load speed. by duck! on 03-12-2007 at 08:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .OxY
Maybe it's just really slow? or maybe the torrent has more hosts than adobe flash player?
But i downloaded the same file on another computer and it downloaded within 30 seconds :S, and the flash player is coming directly from the server and the torrent is in utorrent, also im using windows vista ultimate if that helps.
RE: Slow d'load speed. by Oxy on 03-12-2007 at 08:52 PM

And the other computer? And where is this other computer located, nearer the router than yours is?

RE: Slow d'load speed. by duck! on 03-12-2007 at 08:55 PM

quote:
And the other computer? And where is this other computer located, nearer the router than yours is?
The computer is connected to the hub, the computer i have d'load problems with is on the wired while the one which d'loads fast is on wireless
RE: Slow d'load speed. by Oxy on 03-12-2007 at 09:11 PM

how far away is the wired computer to the router though? it could be the fact that it's futher away and so it takes more time to download? :P

try speedtest.net as well

RE: Slow d'load speed. by duck! on 03-12-2007 at 09:15 PM

quote:
how far away is the wired computer to the router though? it could be the fact that it's futher away and so it takes more time to download? (Smilie)

try speedtest.net as well

It doesnt matter how far away the wired is though because its wired, and has the same connection strength how far away it is.

Website doesnt work as it says:
Speedtest.net requires at least version 7 of Flash. Please update your client.
=p
RE: Slow d'load speed. by Oxy on 03-12-2007 at 09:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by duck!
Speedtest.net requires at least version 7 of Flash. Please update your client.

pfft, sods law...

Pfft, well, im not quite sure. Are other things downloaded the usual speed?
RE: Slow d'load speed. by rav0 on 03-13-2007 at 09:15 AM

Oz Broadband Speed Test doesn't need Flash Player, but it does need javascript.

Also, the speed of a wired connection doesn't decrease as cable lenght increases, but there are maximum cable lengths for ethernet, so it does matter how far away it is.

RE: Slow d'load speed. by andrewdodd13 on 03-13-2007 at 06:06 PM

If the torrents are going at a decent speed, then it's likely nothing to do with the connection.

I'm confused a bit by that, because it works on another computer, but I'm fairly sure Flash was downloading slow as hell for me too (I was installing it on my linux box, the licence agreement in firefox took too long to download so I gave up, it was loading in ~50 character chunks).

Try and find flash player on bittorrent :p

RE: Slow d'load speed. by Thor on 03-13-2007 at 06:16 PM

Here you got a mirror of the latest version of Flash for Mozilla, Opera, etc.

:zippy:

RE: Slow d'load speed. by joey on 03-14-2007 at 09:44 AM

try being on dail-up! the old retro 28.8kb/s :P

RE: Slow d'load speed. by Kenji on 03-14-2007 at 10:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitro
Here you got a mirror of the latest version of Flash for Mozilla, Opera, etc.

Not Found

The requested URL /tiny/install_flash_player.exe was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

RE: Slow d'load speed. by the DtTvB on 03-14-2007 at 10:22 AM

Try using FlashGet to download the flash player. That program will automatically search for mirrors based on filename and size will connect to the mirror sites to. It can connect to a maximum of 60 sites at a time.

RE: Slow d'load speed. by Knowem-meetem on 03-18-2007 at 10:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by duck!
I tried to download adobe flash player but it was really slow (656bytes\s), but i have a torrent going 467kb/s :S I have tried stoping and closing utorrent and running the download, no luck :S I have tried resetting the router but still no luck =/ Plus ive tried other download mirrors but still no luck
Help, thanks
[Image: duck.gif]

If you are using dial-up that might be why, but if not then try clearing the browser cache, it works for me, so it should work for you, to do this all you have to do is run the disk clean up wizard, or you can do this manually from the browser by going to >>tools>>options>>delete cookies or delete files

Hope it works;)