Shoutbox

unable to install messenger Plus! Live - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: unable to install messenger Plus! Live (/showthread.php?tid=72612)

unable to install messenger Plus! Live by statix on 03-13-2007 at 08:19 AM

This is the error message i get "you dont have the proper security rights to install messenger plus! live on this computer, Please login as administrator"

I am positive im the admin. I tried to install in safe mode but i still got the same error message.

RE: unable to install messenger Plus! Live by Eddie on 03-13-2007 at 08:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by statix
This is the error message i get "you dont have the proper security rights to install messenger plus! live on this computer, Please login as administrator"

I am positive im the admin. I tried to install in safe mode but i still got the same error message.
Make sure your an administrator / have administrator rights on your computer by going to User Accounts.
RE: unable to install messenger Plus! Live by statix on 03-13-2007 at 08:40 AM

Yes i am an admin

RE: unable to install messenger Plus! Live by vikke on 03-13-2007 at 02:44 PM

What OS are you running?
This might cause the problem, since Vista handles those stuffs different.

Do you have enough space on the harddrive?
Another thing that leads into wierd errors.

vikke

RE: unable to install messenger Plus! Live by Patchou on 03-13-2007 at 05:13 PM

This serror is displayed either because the setup cannot create keys in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or file in the installation directory or the Messenger directory.

RE: RE: unable to install messenger Plus! Live by statix on 03-14-2007 at 10:28 AM

Im running win xp home edition.
I have enough hdd space

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
This serror is displayed either because the setup cannot create keys in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or file in the installation directory or the Messenger directory.

and how do i go about fixing this?
RE: unable to install messenger Plus! Live by Patchou on 03-14-2007 at 07:05 PM

Well, there has to be some kind of security issue, maybe a software installed on your system that's preventing Plus! from doign what it needs to do. You can email me at mplus [at] patchou.com and I'll send you a special version to test this out.

RE: unable to install messenger Plus! Live by babanetcom on 04-04-2007 at 12:24 AM

I bought a new laptop with windows vista business edition
I installed Windows Live Messenger 8.1.0178.00 and it works fine
I downloaded msgpluslive420 (the last release I think) from the official site but it won't install
very soon after installation bar starts a popup appears and tell me to try again as administrator because I don't have the rights to install Messenger Plus! Live
I am the only user on this machine and I am administrator (all other softwares' installations were ok).
I also tried to right-click the setup file and choose "run as administrator" but it was the same

do you have any suggest?

RE: unable to install messenger Plus! Live by Hank on 04-04-2007 at 01:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by babanetcom
I bought a new laptop with windows vista business edition
I installed Windows Live Messenger 8.1.0178.00 and it works fine
I downloaded msgpluslive420 (the last release I think) from the official site but it won't install
very soon after installation bar starts a popup appears and tell me to try again as administrator because I don't have the rights to install Messenger Plus! Live
I am the only user on this machine and I am administrator (all other softwares' installations were ok).
I also tried to right-click the setup file and choose "run as administrator" but it was the same

do you have any suggest?
when you tried to install MPL did you right click on the mpl.exe install an select Run As Administrator
RE: unable to install messenger Plus! Live by Patchou on 04-04-2007 at 06:04 AM

If you have any antivirus/antispyware software, try to disable them.

RE: unable to install messenger Plus! Live by babanetcom on 04-06-2007 at 08:09 PM

I already tried -as I wrote- to run the software as administrator, and to disable antivirus or antispyware but unsuccesfully.
Then, by chance, I discovered why I had that problem: I wanted to install to a different path (not c:/program files but c:/programmi -the italian word for programs-) and I received that error.
Installing to the default path c:/program files everything went ok!
But the best has yet to come: on my hd there's no c:/program files but just c:/programmi!

RE: RE: unable to install messenger Plus! Live by MattyRid on 04-06-2007 at 09:38 PM

quote:
I already tried -as I wrote- to run the software as administrator, and to disable antivirus or antispyware but unsuccesfully.

Try this http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=73...d=805648#pid805648

Provides simple instructions on installing Messenger Plus! in Safe Mode.

quote:
Then, by chance, I discovered why I had that problem: I wanted to install to a different path (not c:/program files but c:/programmi -the italian word for programs-) and I received that error.
Installing to the default path c:/program files everything went ok!
But the best has yet to come: on my hd there's no c:/program files but just c:/programmi!

"C:\Program Files" tends to be what the main setup is on english based computers. "C:\Programmi" would be the italian equivalent.