Shoutbox

PC Constantly shutting down at random times. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: PC Constantly shutting down at random times. (/showthread.php?tid=72632)

PC Constantly shutting down at random times. by SonicTy on 03-14-2007 at 12:37 AM

There is something wrong with my pc. if im searching the web or anything it will shut down on me and a blue screen will appear saying '' Check to be sure if you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, diable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try Changing video adapters.''
Or
''Check with your hardware vendor for any Bio updates. Disable Bios memory options such as caching or shadowing.''

Mostly my problem is i dont really know how to do any of that without messing it up.??

Any suggestions ?

RE: PC Constantly shutting down at random times. by scott2010_h on 03-14-2007 at 01:23 AM

Did you install any new hardware prior to this?

RE: PC Constantly shutting down at random times. by felipEx on 03-14-2007 at 05:10 AM

maybe you have a problem with you video card or ram memory 8-)

RE: RE: PC Constantly shutting down at random times. by SonicTy on 03-14-2007 at 05:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by scott2010_h
Did you install any new hardware prior to this?

Well the only thing recently would have been re-installing fire fox?
RE: PC Constantly shutting down at random times. by rav0 on 03-14-2007 at 06:09 AM

Install the current drivers for your graphics adaptor. Also, replug all the connectors on the outside (they are sometimes applying force and twisting things inside), and if it's a card, reseat it.

RE: PC Constantly shutting down at random times. by SonicTy on 03-14-2007 at 06:12 AM

1 little problem... i have no idea how to do that lol . ill be honest im a frig in noob:P so if you take me through the steps that would be great

RE: PC Constantly shutting down at random times. by prashker on 03-14-2007 at 06:14 AM

First.

Start > Right Click 'My Computer' > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager > Display Adapters > What video card is it?