Shoutbox

Removing CiD Sponsors - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Removing CiD Sponsors (/showthread.php?tid=72654)

Removing CiD Sponsors by Dopey on 03-14-2007 at 10:33 PM

Can anyone inform me how I can completely remove the sponsors supplied by Messenger Plus?
I've completely unistalled the software (including Messenger Plus) and the stupid pop ups still appear. I feel it's to do with Messenger Plus because the CiD appeared next to Messenger Plus in the 'Add/Remove' menu.
Please, I'm begging -- how do I completely remove the sponsors/ads/pop ups?

RE: Removing CiD Sponsors by Menthix on 03-14-2007 at 10:44 PM

When un-installing Plus! and the sponsor, did the sponsor uninstall validation window pop up, which is asking you to type a code displayed on the screen to verify you are human? And did you reboot after the uninstallation?

What can help in some situations:
- Disable any anti adware software you might have running
- Install Messenger Plus again, with the sponsor
- Uninstall Plus! and the sponsor again
- Reboot
- Enable your anti adware software again, if you have any.

Installing Plus! and the sponsor again might help fix a damaged uninstaller.

Also see How to uninstall ad-ware/sponsor.

RE: Removing CiD Sponsors by Dopey on 03-14-2007 at 11:00 PM

Thanks allot for the response :) I appreciate it.
As for what you said; I tried it and this time I did get a little image prompt thing and it seems to have successfully uninstalled the sponsors. If it didn't work you can safely assume I'll be back lol.

RE: Removing CiD Sponsors by CookieRevised on 03-15-2007 at 07:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dopey
I feel it's to do with Messenger Plus because the CiD appeared next to Messenger Plus in the 'Add/Remove' menu.
small ps: it is not because some stuff appears next to eachother in the add/remove software list, that they are related.

(I'm not saying that they are not related either though, they can be related, but it isn't automatically so)

;)
RE: Removing CiD Sponsors by Dopey on 03-15-2007 at 05:21 PM

Well when you see something in the title of the thing in question it's usually a big give away as to them being related.

Besides; I did say: "feel" basically meaning suggesting but not saying I'm right.