Shoutbox

lookin for a cell phone - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: lookin for a cell phone (/showthread.php?tid=72668)

lookin for a cell phone by ~INVASION~ on 03-15-2007 at 09:28 AM

ok so im getting a cell phne, but what should i get??  give me any suggestions and whats good about the phone, and how it mainly is better then the razr, because im most likely goin with that,, any suggestions would be appreciated :)

RE: lookin for a cell phone by prashker on 03-15-2007 at 09:30 AM

krazr > razr

RE: lookin for a cell phone by ~INVASION~ on 03-15-2007 at 09:36 AM

dont wanna be an ass but could you elaborate more, why do you think the krzr is better, have you tried both, think its more comfortable, etc. :P

RE: lookin for a cell phone by Kenji on 03-15-2007 at 09:47 AM

Ew, Motorola sucks :sad:

SE ftw. Get a w810i or a k800i.

Better Camera, more memory, sound quality, everything.

RE: lookin for a cell phone by user27089 on 03-15-2007 at 09:52 AM

If I were you, I'd go for a Sony Ericcson or a Nokia, they're the two best brands of phone. Motorola etc are all terrible, trust me on that I've used lots of phones.

You don't need to spend heaps of money either, there are quite a lot of cheaper phones which will do exactly what you need, you don't need a 10 megapixel camera on your phone or anything. I really like the Nokia 6230i, it's an amazing phone.

RE: lookin for a cell phone by joey on 03-15-2007 at 10:04 AM

id reccomend a sony walkman phone, the latest one (880i i think) is the same thickness as a cd case! but no i agree with traxor, motorola are a bit dodgy. they dont have everything that they say they have on the adverts. :tongue:

100 posts!!! sorry, just thought id celebrate. :P

RE: lookin for a cell phone by RaPLeX on 03-15-2007 at 11:15 AM

U should get Nokia N series :)

RE: lookin for a cell phone by Ptoye on 03-15-2007 at 05:06 PM

whatever you do make sure you dont get a motorola because:-

-  all the ones i have used have had bad battery life
-  the software that you use (might be called firmware im not sure :S) to operate the phone is terible, for example when using bluetooth you have to find what you want to send and then select copy and then send via bluetooth, you have no choice but to send things one by one, and then when you are reciving something (say you are in a class) like a video, it plays the video as soon as you get it and then you have to select store.

I know these are miner details, but when i had my motorola, they anoyed me so much.

Anyways in terms of phones i would suggest would be the samsung D900, or the walkman w810i and the nokia N series. I have had them all (or someone in my family has :P) so i know that they are good, well thats from my point of view

RE: lookin for a cell phone by ShawnZ on 03-15-2007 at 05:14 PM

get one with symbian

RE: lookin for a cell phone by albert on 03-15-2007 at 05:30 PM

As been mentionned in the thread, I would highly suggest you getting a Sony Ericsson phone for a simple reason :

The developpement that Sony Ericsson puts to your disposition is much higher than other.

Exemples of the developpement put to your dispositions are the Themes Creators, the gaming programming and a lot of cracking available (as XS++ and FAR Manager), making it easily possible to take the biggest advantage possible from your phone.

Some sony ericsson phones I suggest :

W810i if you don't have a hard-drive mp3 player (it uses the pro-duo memory stick, which is a lot cheaper than the micro-sd that other phones use)

K790a is a nice phone as well, camera feature is extraordinairy as I hear (although I never tried it)

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=ca&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pp1...

For more SE Phones.

Enjoy. :)

RE: lookin for a cell phone by Zahid™ on 03-15-2007 at 07:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ptoye
-  the software that you use (might be called firmware im not sure (Smilie)) to operate the phone is terible, for example when using bluetooth you have to find what you want to send and then select copy and then send via bluetooth, you have no choice but to send things one by one, and then when you are reciving something (say you are in a class) like a video, it plays the video as soon as you get it and then you have to select store.

I have the L6, my battery life is quite good. And you don't have to send one by one, you can mark them and then send them all. And you can pause the video when it starts.
RE: lookin for a cell phone by Stigmata on 03-15-2007 at 07:40 PM

Don't get a motarola.

I'd get a nokia personally :)

RE: lookin for a cell phone by Thor on 03-15-2007 at 07:44 PM

I've been using Nokia for over 5 years, and I've never had any problems! (Except for my recent one, but eh. :p)
I think you can get a nice cell phone cheap and without too much features. Sometimes the simple is the best.
(But Symbian is nice ;))

RE: lookin for a cell phone by felipEx on 03-15-2007 at 07:51 PM

i like Sony Ericcson  w300i  :)

RE: lookin for a cell phone by Ptoye on 03-15-2007 at 08:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Zahid™
quote:
Originally posted by Ptoye
-  the software that you use (might be called firmware im not sure (Smilie)) to operate the phone is terible, for example when using bluetooth you have to find what you want to send and then select copy and then send via bluetooth, you have no choice but to send things one by one, and then when you are reciving something (say you are in a class) like a video, it plays the video as soon as you get it and then you have to select store.

I have the L6, my battery life is quite good. And you don't have to send one by one, you can mark them and then send them all. And you can pause the video when it starts.

fair enough, but still with the video you have to be quick, there is always a chance of being caugh if you are in a class and it's very quiet.

RE: lookin for a cell phone by vikke on 03-15-2007 at 08:54 PM

Get the new flat one from Sony Ericsson!

It's beautiful, and you support Swedens in the fight between Sweden and Finland :)

vikke

RE: lookin for a cell phone by Voldemort on 03-15-2007 at 09:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
it mainly is better then the razr
moto k1
slimmer, smaller, 2megapixel cam and much more!>!>!>!> it's awesome i have one :P
RE: lookin for a cell phone by joey on 03-16-2007 at 10:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vikke
Get the new flat one from Sony Ericsson!

It's beautiful, and you support Swedens in the fight between Sweden and Finland :)

vikke

is that the W880i?it looks a bit ugly but it looks really good at the same time, hard to describe.
RE: lookin for a cell phone by brat91 on 03-18-2007 at 09:53 PM

I think the K800i CyberShot would be pretty awesome to have, but also the Nokia music ohone that has a couple of gb memory (i can't remember the name) seemed pretty decent.......

Aaaaand as they said before...... Nokia and Sony Ericcson are probably the best affordable phones out there. there are better, but they are supersupersuper expensive (SmartPhones!) lol :P

RE: lookin for a cell phone by Chocolatino on 03-18-2007 at 10:22 PM

Nokia N90 :P

im ussing the K800i right now, and im loving it :D it feels great not to big,music player,bluetooth,infrared,3.2 megapixle camara and supports a lot of software.

RE: lookin for a cell phone by andrewdodd13 on 03-18-2007 at 11:03 PM

I liked my K750i, upgraded to a K800i recently. Great phones. Nice cameras, ... well actually, every phone can text and call and store more contacts than I have friends, so what else is there to base judgement on?

Oh. It looks amazing. Especially since I have an Alizée theme on it >_>.

Although... the Nokia N95 looks the business. At business prices, of course. But a 5 megapixel camera :o.

You'll probably pick up a K750i for about £80 on PAYG (free off, ofc) and a K800i for £170.