Shoutbox

PM doesn't show colors... just show the format tags - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: PM doesn't show colors... just show the format tags (/showthread.php?tid=72700)

PM doesn't show colors... just show the format tags by warmth on 03-16-2007 at 02:47 AM

PM doesn't show colors... just show the format tags
why this??? is there a limitation of MP!L??? :$

RE: PM doesn't show colors... just show the format tags by CookieRevised on 03-16-2007 at 03:14 AM

What PSM? Yours or your contacts? And where doesn't it show colors? In your contactlist, in the top personal bar? Also, I assume you're talking about Messenger Plus! Live?

Always be specific in your posts so you can be helped out in a decent way (without lots of time consuming post and reply traffic)

And try to use full names of features, especially when you don't know the correct abbrivations ;) Otherwise it can be very confusing.

eg: your post might even be interpreted as a Private Message on the forums.

Guessing in what you mean:

If you mean you can't see the colors in your own color formatted PSM (personal message) in the top personal bar in the contactlist, then yes, this is a limitation. People will see your PSM with the proper formatting (provided they have a compatible Messenger Plus! installed).

RE: RE: PM doesn't show colors... just show the format tags by warmth on 03-16-2007 at 03:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Guessing in what you mean:

If you mean you can't see the colors in your own color formatted PSM (personal message) in the top personal bar in the contactlist, then yes, this is a limitation. People will see your PSM with the proper formatting (provided they have a compatible Messenger Plus! installed).

jajajaja sorry cookie... First time I do a stupid thing like that... I know all the rules... I am not new in this... I am almost falling to sleep cause I am very tired... yes... that was I was looking for... that info you gave me... can you explain to me... why is a limitation??? Thanks mates and sorry again...
RE: PM doesn't show colors... just show the format tags by CookieRevised on 03-16-2007 at 03:32 AM

I dunno why. Patchou can answer that though. But it maybe has something todo with the way it is hooked; or rather can't be hooked in the way Patchou uses hooking.

RE: PM doesn't show colors... just show the format tags by warmth on 03-16-2007 at 04:05 AM

and you don't think can be a solution to this???

RE: RE: PM doesn't show colors... just show the format tags by Vilkku on 03-16-2007 at 05:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth

Not unless Patchou finds a way to do it, so at the moment there is no solution, sorry. I don't see why you need it that much, if you want to check how it looks you can always add yourself to your contact list ;)
RE: RE: RE: PM doesn't show colors... just show the format tags by warmth on 03-17-2007 at 02:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
quote:

Not unless Patchou finds a way to do it, so at the moment there is no solution, sorry. I don't see why you need it that much, if you want to check how it looks you can always add yourself to your contact list ;)

:o)... thousand of years ago... that idea come to my head... I just wanted to be the impulse to an idea to improve MP!L...
RE: PM doesn't show colors... just show the format tags by warmth on 05-12-2007 at 04:07 PM

Hey guys sorry for open this thread again... I just have a question... Have you ever used the "roll message" feature of MSNShell??? I do... And something suprised me today... I putted a formated code in there... and was showed in the psm... look my screenshot... why that??? I can't understand now why the other can't!!! :^)

RE: RE: PM doesn't show colors... just show the format tags by deAd on 05-12-2007 at 04:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I dunno why. Patchou can answer that though. But it maybe has something todo with the way it is hooked; or rather can't be hooked in the way Patchou uses hooking.
This is just a guess, but maybe the edit control for the PSM is not a rich edit, and so Patchou's rich edit hooks don't pick up on it?
RE: PM doesn't show colors... just show the format tags by warmth on 05-12-2007 at 04:16 PM

something like that was what I though... but is kind of weird... don't you think it???

RE: PM doesn't show colors... just show the format tags by warmth on 05-27-2007 at 08:52 PM

can someone talk to patchou and tell me what he said about it???

RE: PM doesn't show colors... just show the format tags by Patchou on 09-12-2007 at 12:10 AM

that's because you can edit the tags directly in the contact list by clicking on the psm. I don't want to risk losing the attributes when this happens so I prefer to leave them there, as is.

RE: PM doesn't show colors... just show the format tags by Spunky on 09-12-2007 at 12:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
that's because you can edit the tags directly in the contact list by clicking on the psm. I don't want to risk losing the attributes when this happens so I prefer to leave them there, as is.

I suppose that makes sense really :p
RE: PM doesn't show colors... just show the format tags by warmth on 09-12-2007 at 01:47 PM

quote:
hey patch thanks for your reply... I think a made a mistake given you the link in my other post (the real link is this http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=73011)... but this is something I wanted to know too...

One question... how in SP, TB did it in the display name space in contact windows and worked??? he isn't risking the same as you???
RE: PM doesn't show colors... just show the format tags by Spunky on 09-12-2007 at 02:33 PM

quote:
quote:
hey patch thanks for your reply... I think a made a mistake given you the link in my other post (the real link is this http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=73011)... but this is something I wanted to know too...

One question... how in SP, TB did it in the display name space in contact windows and worked??? he isn't risking the same as you???

SP doesn't need to take formatting into consideration though...
RE: RE: PM doesn't show colors... just show the format tags by warmth on 09-12-2007 at 04:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:
quote:

SP doesn't need to take formatting into consideration though...

Yes but I actually have my nick with old style formatting tags and SP works fine...
RE: PM doesn't show colors... just show the format tags by ahmetgns on 09-28-2007 at 10:07 PM

Bump!

Hi, I don't know if you could think this before (I hope so) but I wanted to share it with you. You can quickly view your formatted personal message (it is truncated if too long but still gives an idea) in your contact card. I wrote this for people who don't want to add themselves to their contact lists for only seeing how their psm's look like.