Shoutbox

[REQ] Network path = link - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [REQ] Network path = link (/showthread.php?tid=72747)

[REQ] Network path = link by DeKoVV on 03-17-2007 at 03:31 PM

It will be very cool if received message with starting symbols - "\\" will transform into executable link (like web link).

Example:
\\nas\archive\projects\2006\nnm

It will be very useful to quickly open network paths (if talking with friend from same network of course ;) )

Maybe someone have something similar?
Thanks (Y)

RE: [REQ] Network path = link by Matti on 03-18-2007 at 07:47 AM

I think it's a nice idea, however it's currently not possible with scripts to actually "make" a link in a received message. I don't really know how links are sent through the protocol, if links are marked on the client side  there could be a chance that you can do it. However, I doubt it.

RE: [REQ] Network path = link by ShawnZ on 03-18-2007 at 08:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
I think it's a nice idea, however it's currently not possible with scripts to actually "make" a link in a received message. I don't really know how links are sent through the protocol, if links are marked on the client side  there could be a chance that you can do it. However, I doubt it.

they're parsed by messenger
RE: [REQ] Network path = link by Matti on 03-18-2007 at 09:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
they're parsed by messenger
Well, in that case it's just a matter of fact to find a way to mark it. But of course, that's the hardest part. 8-)
RE: [REQ] Network path = link by DeKoVV on 03-18-2007 at 08:03 PM

Thanks for reply, guys.

So, maybe it possible to execute network path automatically? (just open it in new explorer window) *-)

RE: [REQ] Network path = link by Spunky on 03-19-2007 at 04:11 PM

You could, but that could get annoying. I may add it to the FindLinks script I made... I never really took network addresses into consideration. It shouldn't be too hard to implement though :p

* Spunky gets to work on it ASAP :p

RE: [REQ] Network path = link by DeKoVV on 03-20-2007 at 08:26 PM

Good luck and thank you very mutch ;)

Can't wait to try it... :)

RE: [REQ] Network path = link by stephen_wq on 03-21-2007 at 09:51 AM

Can you add ftp:// links as well?
Even make a customizable thing where you can add your own protocols (eg ut2004://) which work in your web browser.

RE: [REQ] Network path = link by Spunky on 03-21-2007 at 02:00 PM

Ok, should be easy enough to allow for custom protocols. I've done the network path part but forgot to bring it to the library with me :s I won't be able to test any of it though so there may be a few different version I bring in that need a bit of tweaking :p

RE: RE: [REQ] Network path = link by Vilkku on 03-21-2007 at 02:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stephen_wq
Can you add ftp:// links as well?
ftp:// is supported by default.
RE: [REQ] Network path = link by Spunky on 03-21-2007 at 02:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
ftp:// is supported by default.

he means in the scrpt I think. I didn't take ftp:// into account. As I said though, it's easy enough to add :P