Shoutbox

Weird sending-messages problem (picture included) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Weird sending-messages problem (picture included) (/showthread.php?tid=72748)

Weird sending-messages problem (picture included) by Transporter on 03-17-2007 at 05:09 PM

Well, Its just started today (I'm using Messenger 7.5.0324). When I'm trying to send a message to my contacts I get this weird error:

[Image: messengerff2.jpg]

File sending and Handwriting are working! how can I fix that?

RE: Weird sending-messages problem (picture included) by Kenji on 03-17-2007 at 05:15 PM

The server is probably having problems as usual.

But i see you are using MSN 7.5.

You should upgrade to 8.1.

RE: Weird sending-messages problem (picture included) by Transporter on 03-17-2007 at 05:19 PM

well, it should fix that?

RE: Weird sending-messages problem (picture included) by Kenji on 03-17-2007 at 05:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Transporter
well, it should fix that?
No idea, its worth a try though..

And 8.1 > 7.5
RE: Weird sending-messages problem (picture included) by Transporter on 03-17-2007 at 06:36 PM

did you hear about this error in the past?
or im the only one who got it?

RE: Weird sending-messages problem (picture included) by Cloudly on 03-17-2007 at 06:45 PM

Give it until tommorow and if its a server problem MSN will fix itself.
-And by the way you're not the only one with the problem I've had this before but only when trying to send offline messeges..

RE: RE: Weird sending-messages problem (picture included) by Transporter on 03-17-2007 at 08:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Cloudly
Give it until tommorow and if its a server problem MSN will fix itself.
-And by the way you're not the only one with the problem I've had this before but only when trying to send offline messeges..

well, I dont have offline-messages option here, hehe :)

do you think the best way is to wait? or to install msn 8.1?
RE: Weird sending-messages problem (picture included) by Lt.Col.DraGon on 03-18-2007 at 10:23 PM

i'm having this problem right now with my mate, every 3 messages i get the "could not be sent to other recipients" .. it's probably MSN problem.

RE: Weird sending-messages problem (picture included) by Knowem-meetem on 03-18-2007 at 10:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Transporter
Well, Its just started today (I'm using Messenger 7.5.0324). When I'm trying to send a message to my contacts I get this weird error:

[Image: messengerff2.jpg]

File sending and Handwriting are working! how can I fix that?

I think what might've happened is that your firewall, if you have service pack 2 is blocking you from sending any info over the net, did you ever try checking if your msn messenger is on the allow list? Because that might be the reason.

If it isn't go toa dd program and type in msnmsgr.exe and it should work, if possible restart your computer as soona s you do it;)
RE: Weird sending-messages problem (picture included) by Lt.Col.DraGon on 03-18-2007 at 11:25 PM

wow.. now it won't let me send any message to anyone. I can send them screenshots and file transfers.. I just can't send a message to them, i get this recipient message. My firewall is allowing msnmsgr.exe. What is the prob? , any1 else having this problem?

RE: Weird sending-messages problem (picture included) by Psychie on 04-09-2007 at 01:19 AM

I'm having the exact same problem and have had ever since I upgraded my msn to v. 8.1  ... grrrrrrrrr

I'm getting very fed up.  It starts out where every third or fourth message won't go through giving me the very same message as in your screen shot.  Then after a while I may get one or two messages through in a row after eight or more "could not be delivered" error messages .. then finally ... none of my messages can be delivered.  Yet, folks can message me just fine.

If this was a firewall issue it would happen always ... it is intermittent, everything will be fine for several days and then (gee usually weekends) poof .. I am stuck copy/pasting my message over and over and over until it finally goes through .. if ever. 

It's extremely frustrating as I do much of my business on line with messenger .... I am strongly considering changing to another service and have no desire to upgrade any further as every time I do upgrade some issue causes me problems.

Is there anyone from msn monitoring these forums who could provide us with some answers ... even an "I don't know" or "Its a known problem, but we are looking into it" would please me .... perhaps even some fix we could utilize?  something to say you all care about your customers would be nice ... can ya tell I've been dealing with this problem for so long I'm spitting nails .. 8o|  At least I'm glad to see it isn't just me.

RE: Weird sending-messages problem (picture included) by CookieRevised on 04-09-2007 at 02:10 AM

To everyone having these problems I very strongly urge you all to report this to Microsoft:

http://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlmessenger

Write an as detailed as possible report.
eg: provide a very detailed step by step in what you did before. eg: did you used the handwriting feature before you send a message? What was your status prior to the error. How many texts were send succesfully to your knowledge, what firewall and brand of firewall do you exactly have? Have you ever installed 3rd party software related to messenger (eg: smileycentral, sweet im), How many chat windows are open at the time you tried to send the message, What is the screen name of the contact you're trying to send text too, etc, etc...

Reason for this is that we (Windows Live Messenger MVPs) talked about this particular bug to Microsoft, but they can not pinpoint the problem and even are extremely puzzled at what the cause might be. They NEED your reports to solve this.

I also suggest you all enable the Custom Experience Improvement Program:
Tools > Options > General > Quality Improvement > Allow MS to collect anonymous info

PS, do not mention Messenger Plus!. Messenger Plus! has got nothing todo with this and if you mention Messenger Plus! they probably say it is caused by that. So to cut the chase and get stuff moving a bit faster don't mention you have Plus! installed.

In fact, make 500% sure it isn't Plus! by completely uninstalling it first.
And make sure you did not patched Messenger in any way. So first try to re-install Messenger so you are sure it is a clean copy.

As a final note, note that this problem does have different causes. Some of the causes are legit and very normal. It is possible that you indeed can not send messages. So remember that not all of these "cannot send message" errors are because of a bug (or bugs)!