Shoutbox

Can't rename files - but if i try again and press caps lock i can wtf???? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Can't rename files - but if i try again and press caps lock i can wtf???? (/showthread.php?tid=72776)

Can't rename files - but if i try again and press caps lock i can wtf???? by M73A on 03-18-2007 at 04:00 PM

i get a message saying file in use etc.... (when i use unlocker, it says there is no locking handle found, so the file isn't being used by a process)

but if when i have typed the new file name, i press caps lock (so it is on) i can rename the file without a glitch..

If i press the caps lock button twice, so it is off.... i get the file in use message again.

I get this on both my computers? XP Home SP 2 and XP Pro SP 2

WTF is going on?

Thanks!

the files are 350mb if thats of any importance.

RE: Can't rename files - but if i try again and press caps lock i can wtf???? by Mike on 03-18-2007 at 04:29 PM

Unlocker asks you if you want to anything with the selected file(s) while it unlocks or when it says that no locking handle was found.
There is also a rename option -- try that...

RE: Can't rename files - but if i try again and press caps lock i can wtf???? by M73A on 03-18-2007 at 05:18 PM

sorry, i dont understand the first part of your post :S

I can rename them with explorer, just have to press caps lock... i tried it afterwards and i didnt have to press caps lock. its really strange :S

i only used unlocker to check what was using it, because i haven't opened the files in weeks...

RE: Can't rename files - but if i try again and press caps lock i can wtf???? by Mike on 03-18-2007 at 05:57 PM

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood then.

That's a weird problem, and I haven't heard of it before :S

RE: Can't rename files - but if i try again and press caps lock i can wtf???? by M73A on 03-18-2007 at 06:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood then.

That's a weird problem, and I haven't heard of it before :S

ive never heard of it either... and its happening on both my computers :S
RE: Can't rename files - but if i try again and press caps lock i can wtf???? by vaccination on 03-18-2007 at 09:42 PM

Just to clarify, when you press caps lock and rename, is the new name in caps or not?

Also, what files are they?

RE: Can't rename files - but if i try again and press caps lock i can wtf???? by M73A on 03-18-2007 at 10:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
Just to clarify, when you press caps lock and rename, is the new name in caps or not?

Also, what files are they?

what i do is,
right click
rename
type' Heroes - 101.avi'
Press caps lock
Press enter

and it works, the name doesn't have to be caps... but if i press enter without caps lock enabled the message appears 80% of the time :S

theyre .avi files.