Shoutbox

Processor Hog? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Processor Hog? (/showthread.php?tid=72825)

Processor Hog? by wardrich on 03-19-2007 at 11:06 PM

I updated MsgPlus on both of my computers and have noticed that this one has a HUGE processor problem.  I'm assuming it has to do with one of the scripts, I'm just not sure which one... it's sort of intermittent.

RE: Processor Hog? by Hank on 03-19-2007 at 11:12 PM

try disabling them all an then enable 1 by 1 to findout

RE: Processor Hog? by Sunshine on 03-19-2007 at 11:12 PM

Disable all of them, check if it's still happening..then enable them one by one to find wich one causes it. Post back here wich one it is.

RE: Processor Hog? by wardrich on 03-19-2007 at 11:31 PM

I'm thinking it's the Stat Center one:
http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/245-Stat-Center/

RE: Processor Hog? by Patchou on 03-19-2007 at 11:46 PM

can yo uconfirm by enabling/disabling this script to see if it really is the source of the problem? the developer of the script may want to be informed of the problem.

RE: Processor Hog? by wardrich on 03-20-2007 at 12:13 AM

I'm fairly certain it is.  I've been running fine with it disabled, and the second I turned it back on, I locked up again.  lol.  I'm not even sure where the error lies, I thought it would be in a loop, but I didn't see any funky ones.

RE: Processor Hog? by Chestah on 04-27-2007 at 10:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wardrich
I'm fairly certain it is.  I've been running fine with it disabled, and the second I turned it back on, I locked up again.  lol.  I'm not even sure where the error lies, I thought it would be in a loop, but I didn't see any funky ones.

The error lies in the way the data is saved and processed. The method i'm using is because of the inability of msgplus scripts to use more than one thread (or a single thread that is different to the main messenger thread).

I have a speed-optimised, but incomplete and very much beta version, using the registry on my computer. However i don't have time to complete it and all the new features that i was going to add to it.

I recommend not using Stat Center, until another developer is available to continue my work.