Shoutbox

Only one ML!P popup at a time? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Only one ML!P popup at a time? (/showthread.php?tid=72838)

Only one ML!P popup at a time? by WebAsh on 03-20-2007 at 10:22 AM

Hi there,

Recently I was wondering why my message toasts were coming up so delayed (the script that shows you what unfocused conversations are saying in toasts), then I realised that for some reason Messenger Live! Plus is only allowing one of its toasts to be displayed at one time. When did this start happening? I'm pretty sure before the last update (the one that included scripts with the installer) this didn't happen and messenger live! plus popups just stacked up like standard Windows Live! Messenger popups/toasts. I'd really like for that to happen again because there's no point in those toasts coming up after I've read the convo because they're only coming out one at a time...

Cheers,
Ash

RE: Only one ML!P popup at a time? by Weyzza on 03-21-2007 at 07:24 AM

I can confirm this.

To reproduce this easily, just use -dt-'s Rssreader, subscribe to a number of feeds and enable the pop-up notifications.

RE: Only one ML!P popup at a time? by Eljay on 03-21-2007 at 07:50 AM

Confirmed, strange that I never noticed it before.

I just made a little test script that displays a few toasts and each toast doesnt appea until you close the previous one... odd.

RE: Only one ML!P popup at a time? by WebAsh on 03-21-2007 at 08:15 AM

No wonder I couldn't find anything about this previously... seems nobody picked up on it. Do the developers check these forums?

Its quite weird how it only seems to have started happening since the last update though. Must have been something intentional... because I don't see how "accidentally" there is a one toast limit.

RE: Only one ML!P popup at a time? by Felu on 03-21-2007 at 08:24 AM

Confirmed here too. Very weird. Never used to happen in the older versions :/.

quote:
Originally posted by WebAsh
Do the developers check these forums?
Yes, Patchou visits the forums frequently.
RE: Only one ML!P popup at a time? by WebAsh on 03-21-2007 at 08:27 AM

Awesome. Hopefully they see this one and are able to fill us in.

RE: Only one ML!P popup at a time? by Weyzza on 03-21-2007 at 08:28 AM

I've known this for a while, because I use Rssreader on a regular basis.
I just thought the problem was only on my computer since it has never happened before.
The beta testers even didn't notice this, although the beta testing period was pretty long (about 2 months).
This must have started happening in the middle toward the end of the beta testing period, otherwise tens of testers must have found it.

quote:
Originally posted by WebAsh
Must have been something intentional... because I don't see how "accidentally" there is a one toast limit.
On the contrary, I think it must be unintentional.
Maybe Patchou was debugging and forgot to restore the behavior, or for another reason.
RE: Only one ML!P popup at a time? by WebAsh on 03-21-2007 at 08:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Weyzza
In the contrary, I think it must be unintentional.
Maybe Patchou was debugging and forgot to restore the behavior, or for another reason.

Good point... I hadn't thought of it that way.

Perhaps this wasn't something that was in the beta versions? Could have been something that changed in between the last beta and the final version.
RE: RE: Only one ML!P popup at a time? by MattyRid on 03-21-2007 at 08:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Weyzza
I can confirm this.

To reproduce this easily, just use -dt-'s Rssreader, subscribe to a number of feeds and enable the pop-up notifications.

not to try and bring you down, but I don't use that script and I can reproduce it as well...perhaps not just that script is causing it.

WebAsh, do you have any scripts installed? If you do list them all.
RE: Only one ML!P popup at a time? by WebAsh on 03-21-2007 at 09:03 AM

Yeah its not just that scripts fault. That's not what he was meaning. He was simply saying that he was able to reproduce the problem (if that's what it is?) using a script, confirming that there is indeed a one-toast-at-a-time limit.

Plus Mapper 1.05
Quick Contact Adder
ReadThis 2.02
Screenshot Sender 4.1.1
Sendto 2.3
Toast message (the reason I found out about this)
UNeed Script 1.2
WLM preview box 2.00.07
YouTube Launcher 1.1
enhancer (disabled)

RE: Only one ML!P popup at a time? by Patchou on 03-21-2007 at 08:52 PM

Thank you for reporting this problem! it will obviously be fixed in version 4.21 :).

I'll investigate this today but just so that I know: what is your Windows version?

RE: Only one ML!P popup at a time? by Eljay on 03-21-2007 at 09:04 PM

Windows Vista Business (6.0.6000)
Windows Live Messenger 8.01.0178
Messenger Plus! Live 4.20.0.262

Oh and while you're at it, please either add brackets around WLM/MP!L versions, or remove them from Windows version... :P

RE: Only one ML!P popup at a time? by MattyRid on 03-21-2007 at 09:07 PM

Windows XP SP2

I suppose in this case I say...which little rabbit messed it up? :P

RE: Only one ML!P popup at a time? by MeEtc on 03-21-2007 at 09:19 PM

Hmm, I have ALWAYS had a limit of one MP!L toast at a time. I figured it was a feature, not a bug. I think it's rather annoying to have a zillion toasts lined up the side of the page

RE: Only one ML!P popup at a time? by MicroWay on 03-21-2007 at 10:31 PM

Here my versions:

Win XP SP2
WLM: 8.0...812
Plus: 4.2 (latest)

Having the same problem... But in a way is good because you don't get 4-5 toasts opening and taking space...

RE: Only one ML!P popup at a time? by ahmetgns on 03-22-2007 at 03:53 PM

Patchou,
while working on this issue and Plus!'s toasts, please make toasts to be in colour of WLM's own for every individual contact. (I have explained it in this thread). Also make them appear together with WLM's toasts at the same time when necessary (of course if possible).

RE: Only one ML!P popup at a time? by WebAsh on 03-28-2007 at 04:17 AM

Awesome to hear that the problem will be rectified! :D

I have Windows XP Professional SP2.  (5.1 Build 2600)

RE: Only one ML!P popup at a time? by aNILEator on 04-02-2007 at 11:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
Hmm, I have ALWAYS had a limit of one MP!L toast at a time. I figured it was a feature, not a bug. I think it's rather annoying to have a zillion toasts lined up the side of the page

2nd'd
RE: Only one ML!P popup at a time? by WebAsh on 04-03-2007 at 05:55 AM

They should perhaps go away faster, or at least have the option for multiple to be allowed or whatever. After all, MP!L intended to give us more control and freedom. So we should have the choice. :)

Patchou... what's the status on this? :)

RE: Only one ML!P popup at a time? by Patchou on 04-04-2007 at 05:58 AM

This was a bug and it has been fixed, no option to put it back in. If you have lots of Plus! toasts displaying together, then it's probably because you want them to display as Plus! doesn't display toasts by itself for any reason except auto-update notifications :). For instance, if you want to be notified of contact events, you probably want to be notified as soon and the event occurs and not 1 minute later because a couple of toasts were already in queue.

RE: Only one ML!P popup at a time? by WebAsh on 04-04-2007 at 06:02 AM

Ahh... yeah... I'm so used to always having MP!L popups I forgot they're not enabled by default... :$

But yes, thank you!

RE: Only one ML!P popup at a time? by Tecfan on 04-16-2007 at 02:13 PM

This happen with me as well, and I'm getting mad! pop-ups pop up after status is set to busy because the queue is so long with only 1 pop-up at the time... and I can't access some of my FF-plugins because there is ALWAYS a Messenger Plus plugin up! FIX IT

RE: Only one ML!P popup at a time? by Tecfan on 04-16-2007 at 02:14 PM

Windows XP Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)

RE: Only one ML!P popup at a time? by CookieRevised on 04-16-2007 at 02:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tecfan
FIX IT
Tecfan, as Patchou said 2 posts before you, it has been fixed already and will be in next release. Please don't double post either.