Shoutbox

Strange Messages - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Strange Messages (/showthread.php?tid=72846)

Strange Messages by [night_shade] on 03-20-2007 at 05:08 PM

My Messenger Plus [latest version] is saying things to people and i don't have a clue what i've done to cause it. What's happening is i'll be talikg to someone and next thing you know, after i minimise the conversation, someone will say something and Messenger Plus will either make up some rubbish inslut or say hi and put my friend's full msn nickname next to it. this is becoming annoying and it's making me have arguments with people because plus thinks it's the thing it should do when it isn't.

RE: Strange Messages by fsc on 03-20-2007 at 05:13 PM

Do you have any scripts installed?

RE: Strange Messages by [night_shade] on 03-20-2007 at 05:19 PM

Yeah plus installed about 5 of them

RE: Strange Messages by Jesus on 03-20-2007 at 05:28 PM

Which scripts are installed?
Please post all names listed in Plus!>Preferences...>General>Scripts

RE: Strange Messages by [night_shade] on 03-20-2007 at 06:02 PM

It's the script contest winner's scripts, but i've disabled them now because i think they have a fault in one of them somewhere

RE: Strange Messages by fsc on 03-20-2007 at 06:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by [night_shade]
It's the script contest winner's scripts, but i've disabled them now because i think they have a fault in one of them somewhere

Is it working now then?
RE: Strange Messages by [night_shade] on 03-20-2007 at 06:07 PM

I think so, sorry to have a dig at your script jesus, but i has stopped now.

RE: Strange Messages by Jesus on 03-20-2007 at 07:18 PM

quote:
I think so, sorry to have a dig at your script jesus, but i has stopped now.
OK, so one of the winning scripts probably has a bug in it. Looking at the symptoms I'm pretty sure mine isn't the culprit, but I'd like to know which one is (and I'm not the only one I guess).
So could you please post your version of Windows Live Messenger, Messenger Plus! Live and which version of Windows you use (you can type (!VER) in a chat to find out all 3 at once).
Did you install all of the winning scripts? If not, which ones do/did you have installed?
Also, did the problem occur at complete random times or can you reproduce it by following certain steps? And, as a final question, can you try enabling the scripts one by one to see which one makes the problem occur?
I can't do this myself, simply because it all works fine here.

thanks.
RE: Strange Messages by CookieRevised on 03-21-2007 at 11:22 AM

quote:
My Messenger Plus [latest version] is saying things to people and i don't have a clue what i've done to cause it. What's happening is i'll be talikg to someone and next thing you know, after i minimise the conversation, someone will say something and Messenger Plus will either make up some rubbish inslut or say hi and put my friend's full msn nickname next to it. this is becoming annoying and it's making me have arguments with people because plus thinks it's the thing it should do when it isn't.

This sounds more like you have a malicious script or malicious program installed instead.

Except for the "UNeed Script", I don't see how the included scripts can cause this.

But the "UNeed" script doesn't include any insults at all. Also, the auto reply is by default turned off. So if you didn't added those insults yourself or didn't enabled the autoreply yourself, the script will not respond anyways.