Shoutbox

Improve Bug Reports forum - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Improve Bug Reports forum (/showthread.php?tid=72864)

Improve Bug Reports forum by Lyxbit on 03-21-2007 at 02:49 AM

I'd like suggest a subforum in Bug Reports forum, something as Solved Bugs, thus separating the current bugs and the old bugs to a better organization and understanding  *-)

RE: Improve Bug Reports forum by qgroessl on 03-21-2007 at 03:14 AM

it is a good idea... but a bit useless i'm afraid... i mean... If people would actually search/look through the forums when they come here... then yeah, great idea...

But with a lot of the people that come and post here, they don't search or anything, and it would probably just be a waste of time for the admins.

RE: Improve Bug Reports forum by Hank on 03-21-2007 at 03:26 AM

its a good idea, Maybe worth looking into, but if more people are to use the Search More  maybe it wouldn't hurt to Upgrade the Forum ? is Search in 1.2.x  easier in that than in the current MyBB ?  if it is IMO should be updated,

RE: Improve Bug Reports forum by qgroessl on 03-21-2007 at 03:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by HSV
maybe it wouldn't hurt to Upgrade the Forum ? is Search in 1.2.x  easier in that than in the current MyBB ?  if it is IMO should be updated,

Upgrading is completely up to the admins... and i'm pretty sure they've been talking about it... and they've been testing it... but They don't want to put it in place at this time.
RE: Improve Bug Reports forum by Chrono on 03-21-2007 at 03:28 AM

Too much hassle having to move every single thread after a problem has been solved :P

RE: Improve Bug Reports forum by Voldemort on 03-21-2007 at 03:30 AM

Exactly... And many are not even bugs...

RE: Improve Bug Reports forum by Hank on 03-21-2007 at 03:32 AM

be easier just to type BUG blah blah blah ( SOLVED)

RE: Improve Bug Reports forum by WDZ on 03-21-2007 at 04:01 AM

We used to have a "Fixed" subforum, but it was deleted sometime in late 2003. I forgot why... *-)

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
Too much hassle having to move every single thread after a problem has been solved :P
Yeah, probably true... :tongue:

quote:
Originally posted by HSV
maybe it wouldn't hurt to Upgrade the Forum ?
~_~

Of course it wouldn't hurt, that's why I intend to do it. When I'm good and ready. |-)
RE: Improve Bug Reports forum by Hank on 03-21-2007 at 04:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Of course it wouldn't hurt, that's why I intend to do it. When I'm good and ready. (Smilie)

is some Girl distracting you DZ?
RE: RE: Improve Bug Reports forum by WDZ on 03-21-2007 at 04:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by HSV
is some Girl distracting you DZ?
hahaha... no. =(

But other things are distracting me. :p

And most of the work I want to do is incredibly boring, so it's hard to get motivated.
RE: Improve Bug Reports forum by NanaFreak on 03-21-2007 at 05:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
quote:
Originally posted by HSV
maybe it wouldn't hurt to Upgrade the Forum ? is Search in 1.2.x  easier in that than in the current MyBB ?  if it is IMO should be updated,

Upgrading is completely up to the admins... and i'm pretty sure they've been talking about it... and they've been testing it... but They don't want to put it in place at this time.
because WDZ is still working on it... he makes it WAY better than the standard release ;)
RE: Improve Bug Reports forum by NiteMare on 03-21-2007 at 06:07 AM

by the time he upgrades to version 1.2.3 we'll be able to start complaining that he needs to upgrade to version 2.0 or even 3.0

RE: Improve Bug Reports forum by surfichris on 03-21-2007 at 08:41 AM

Better off waiting until 1.4 with the improvements & optimizations we've been making.

RE: Improve Bug Reports forum by Eddie on 03-21-2007 at 08:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
Better off waiting until 1.4 with the improvements & optimizations we've been making.
ooo like what? :P

EDIT: Cuz i was about to install a MyBB on my site, but if tis worth the wait :P
RE: Improve Bug Reports forum by surfichris on 03-21-2007 at 11:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
EDIT: Cuz i was about to install a MyBB on my site, but if tis worth the wait
If you feel like waiting months for it, then by all means.
RE: Improve Bug Reports forum by markee on 03-21-2007 at 01:59 PM

[/everyone's offtopic-ness]
I personally don't feel this is a good idea because with different versions of Plus! (and WLM) you can get very similar symptoms but the problem would have to be handled differently because of the changes in the program.  For this reason I still think the same old method of relying on the good members of the forum to direct the people to the correct resources and give them any updated information that may be required is a good idea.  The biggest problems of implementing such a feature comes because of the change to MP!L from MP! I feel.

RE: Improve Bug Reports forum by Eddie on 03-21-2007 at 02:22 PM

quote:
quote:
Oh, *throws that plan in the bin* :) oh well...

On the topic i agree with an earlier post i saw about having to move the posts everytime they were solved, better off just putting [Solved] in the name, or having a topic box where the person who made the topic can tick solved.
RE: Improve Bug Reports forum by Lou on 03-21-2007 at 08:57 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
Oh, *throws that plan in the bin* [Image: msn_happy.gif] oh well...

On the topic i agree with an earlier post i saw about having to move the posts everytime they were solved, better off just putting [Solved] in the name, or having a topic box where the person who made the topic can tick solved.
This could easily be done faster (along with moving threads to a new subforum) with mybb 1.2 :dodgy: