Shoutbox

hide email - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: hide email (/showthread.php?tid=72880)

hide email by tompase on 03-21-2007 at 04:04 PM

Is it possible with a script or something similar to hide my email from my profile? because if somebody chatting with me watch my profile, he will see my mail. is possible to hide or change it? if is possible with some type of tricks, how? If is possible with a script/program, can somebody tell me what's that program?
Thanks,
Tompase

RE: hide email by Knucks on 03-21-2007 at 04:18 PM

Surely, if someone has already added you to WLM/MSN, then wouldn't they already have your email address?

Just a theory. I might have mis-understood your post.

RE: hide email by DeKoVV on 03-21-2007 at 06:56 PM

People begin realize that registered email "ShutYouMouth@ass.com" isn't always looks good... :D

RE: hide email by markee on 03-22-2007 at 12:26 AM

Wouldn't it just be easier to get a new email address then? You can always use polygamy to split your contacts into "friends" who shouldnt mind it and "others" for anyone else.  I mean splitting your contacts up as in over the 2 accounts.

RE: hide email by tompase on 03-22-2007 at 04:04 PM

i've only asked if is possible to hide my mail because i don't like that it will be show (even if my contact knows it yet).. is possible or not?

RE: hide email by Spunky on 03-22-2007 at 05:20 PM

This isn't really a MP!L thing, but you should be able to choose how can see your profile fully and who can't. If you don't want them to see your email address (even if they already have it ^o)) then just change the settings in your profile to not let them see it