Shoutbox

MSN Live freezes everytime I sign in - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN Live freezes everytime I sign in (/showthread.php?tid=73003)

MSN Live freezes everytime I sign in by agent_capone on 03-25-2007 at 09:53 AM

I have downloaded the latest version of Windows Live Messenger, and everytime I sign in the whole program locks up.

It displays my contacts and email alert for about a second before freezing, making me unable to click on anything. The only thing i can do is exit the program.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled older version of MSN Messenger and also Live. Live runs every other email address I've put in except for the one I need: only one address I enter freezes up. Also, the older versions of MSN Messenger run the afflicted email fine. It seems to be only that one particular email address on Live: everything else is ok.

Is there something wrong with my email address?(agent_capone@hotmail.com) Live works fine on my computer with other emails and there is nothing wrong with the program itself or my computer. I am annoyed because it is the only account I use and need and I cant even access Live.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: MSN Live freezes everytime I sign in by Vilkku on 03-25-2007 at 10:32 AM

This is only a theory, but couldn't something like this happen if someone sent you a lot of offline messages?

RE: MSN Live freezes everytime I sign in by agent_capone on 03-25-2007 at 12:39 PM

Interesting idea but I know for a fact that I would have no offline messages...my contacts are the type of people who only talk if I start the conversation...kind of hard to explain, but I dont think thats why.

Thanks for the idea though.

RE: MSN Live freezes everytime I sign in by TheGuruSupremacy on 03-25-2007 at 01:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
This is only a theory, but couldn't something like this happen if someone sent you a lot of offline messages?

Yes....This is the problem;if you receive too offline messages msn freeze s for a long time...Moreover with a tool like stuffplug you can boots your characters limit so...If some lamer send you too long offline messages msn will freeze until it crashes....However next week i'll release a tool to unfreeze msn ....Greetings

RE: MSN Live freezes everytime I sign in by namooth on 03-25-2007 at 02:40 PM

had the same thing yesterday.. did you by any chance had  MessengerDiscovery and StuffPlug 3 installed?

any way:

quote:
uninstall again and delete messenger folder in Program Files, also delete the following folders and registry keys:
C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger
C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Contacts
C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger
C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live\Communications Clients\Shared
Then restart your computer, and reinstall WLM, it should work then.

RE: MSN Live freezes everytime I sign in by TheGuruSupremacy on 03-25-2007 at 07:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by namooth
had the same thing yesterday.. did you by any chance had  MessengerDiscovery and StuffPlug 3 installed?

any way:

quote:
    uninstall again and delete messenger folder in Program Files, also delete the following folders and registry keys:
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts

No..It won't work if the problem are the offline messages
RE: MSN Live freezes everytime I sign in by namooth on 03-25-2007 at 07:47 PM

who said the problem are the offline messages ? offline messages are just a theory. I'm pretty sure my solution will fix his problem. i had exactly the same problem yesterday, 3 accounts managed to log in except one. the above did the trick.

agent_capone, just curious, do you manage to log in while you appear offline?

RE: MSN Live freezes everytime I sign in by TheGuruSupremacy on 03-25-2007 at 07:55 PM

quote:
who said the problem are the offline messages ? offline messages are just a theory. I'm pretty sure my solution will fix his problem. i had exactly the same problem yesterday, 3 accounts managed to log in except one. the above did the trick.

agent_capone, just curious, do you manage to log in while you appear offline?

NO IT'S NO A TEORY...SEARCH ON THE FORUM I HAVE ALREADY HELPED PEOPLE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM AND I SOLVED IT.....THE PROBLEM SHOULD BE THE OFFLINE MESSAGES....However maybe he hasn't this problem...but also with this problem with the other account you can sign-in...So....We have to wait the response of agent-capone

RE: RE: MSN Live freezes everytime I sign in by namooth on 03-25-2007 at 08:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by agent_capone
Interesting idea but I know for a fact that I would have no offline messages...my contacts are the type of people who only talk if I start the conversation...kind of hard to explain, but I dont think thats why.

no need to yell :)

wating for agent_capone answer. :P
RE: MSN Live freezes everytime I sign in by TheGuruSupremacy on 03-25-2007 at 08:14 PM

quote:
    quote:Originally posted by agent_capone

no need to yell (Smilie)

wating for agent_capone answer. (Smilie)

But it isn't sure that alcapone haven't recieved offline messages he can't know it.....So.......
RE: MSN Live freezes everytime I sign in by agent_capone on 03-26-2007 at 05:14 AM

Thanks for your enthusiastic support...:D

I am going to try namooth's suggestion about completely getting Live off my PC, only because I really dont believe that I got heaps of messages offline.

If that doesn't work, then it must be the offline messages. I dont have Stuffplug and Discovery on my computer either. If it IS the offline messages, is there any way to get rid of the problem?

RE: RE: MSN Live freezes everytime I sign in by agent_capone on 03-26-2007 at 05:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TheGuruSupremacy

quote:

any way:

quote:

No..It won't work if the problem are the offline messages

So I followed the instructions and did a fresh reinstall of Live...but the problem stayed. Interesting to note that another email address I used froze for a moment like the afflicted one until Live Today came up, and then it was normal.

Except that I have Today disabled for the afflicted account. If there are no other ideas except for offline messages, it must be that. Any help regarding this is again greatly appreciated.

PS. I am going to ask a friend on a seperate computer to log in with the afflicted email, see if it works.
RE: MSN Live freezes everytime I sign in by namooth on 03-26-2007 at 08:48 AM

did you try to login "appear offline" ?

RE: MSN Live freezes everytime I sign in by agent_capone on 03-26-2007 at 11:33 AM

No, appearing offline did nothing.

RE: MSN Live freezes everytime I sign in by agent_capone on 03-28-2007 at 05:46 AM

Got the problem solved - it looks like offline messages may have been the culprit. I cant be certain but my friend cleared away the offline messages and shortly afterwards it was useable...

Id like to thank all those people who contributed ideas, I really appreciate it. :D

RE: MSN Live freezes everytime I sign in by love_vapor on 02-07-2009 at 08:48 AM

I have un-installed everything to do with msn live and it still freezes, but it can't be offline messages coz it does it with all 3 accounts and one of the accounts doesn't have contacts coz it's only used to the email.

What else can i do??