Shoutbox

[Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1 (/showthread.php?tid=73032)

[Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1 by Willz on 03-26-2007 at 03:51 AM

Hello everyone, well the time finally come. I am proud to announce the official release of Ev0 version 2.0. Ev0 is now officially working for WLM 8.1 and is ready to pimp up your desktops once more.

So what's changed since version 1?

For starters there have been a lot of tweaks to the way Ev0 looks now, the contact list has been modified so that it is more sleek and minor graphical tweaks here and there.

But thats not all. Ev0 v2.0 now features two new additions to the colour theme family.

Black edition now sports a new dark theme called shadow, for all those who like pure black with a tad of white.

White edition now sports a new light theme called milk, for all those who like the lighter sides of things.

Getting to this stage proved more difficult than originally thought but I hope everyone appreciates the effort. I'd like to thank all the people who are mirroring Ev0 for sticking with it and continuing to offer their bandwidth. Thank you very much.

And now for the standard release notes:

PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY!!

Ev0 version 2.0 has been tested under Windows Live Messenger Build 8.1.0178.00, any build above this is unsupported and you install at your own risk.If you are upgrading from 8.0 to 8.1 then please uninstall Ev0 v1.0 or any other skin, or patch (like MessPatch or A-Patch) completely before continuing.

StuffPlug 3 users please note that there are issues with Ev0 and stuffplug 3. During the
installation progress it may come up with a stuffplug error message. If this is the case then please disable stuffplug and then re-enable it after install. StuffPlug will work once Ev0 is fully set up.

This skin has been tested under Windows Vista and will cause the UAC protection to pop-up a message before installation, just click allow and everything will work.

And most importantly:

PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE APPROPRIATE VERSION! Ev0 Version 1 is for Windows Live Messenger 8.0 and Ev0 Version 2 is for Windows Live Messenger 8.1

Ev0 version 2 WILL NOT WORK ON Windows Live Messenger 8.0

Ev0 version 1 WILL NOT WORK ON Windows Live Messenger 8.1.0178.00

BOTH VERSIONS WILL NOT WORK ON ANY MESSENGER LOWER THAN 8.0!

1: Colourisation has been disabled in this skin! This was done in order to place the custom menu systems in (you can live without it anyway theres 12 styles you can pick). This will not be changed! So do not ask me or post "Hey I can't colorize.... what's up?".

2: Please do not post asking for "improvements", features, updates or really really small changes. Its impossible to cater for everyones tastes and this skins provided "as is".

3: DO NOT contact Microsoft for support on this skin, please contact myself

4: If you want this skin on your forum then just link to our website, DO NOT place this skin for download on your website. Por favor no ponge Ev0 para descarga en otros foros (for all those spanish speaking forums)

5: Do not edit this skin or rip resources and use them for yourself without prior consent.

Enjoy this release

Peace,
Willz

DOWNLOAD: http://designevolved.net/

PS if you happen to get a 404 Error on download then keep going back to click download until you get a mirror that works.

[Image: blackthemesxv9.th.png]
[Image: whitethemesik7.th.png]

RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1 by Rolando on 03-26-2007 at 03:52 AM

Downloading as soon as I get home, thanks :)

P.S.: For those wondering, here's the link to the preview

W: OrbDownloads Statistics

Downloaded #### times since #release Date  (Not working properly on your website)

RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1 by prashker on 03-26-2007 at 03:53 AM

I'm hosting :D.

Installing Black Edition now :D.

RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1 by Felu on 03-26-2007 at 03:53 AM

Great, I've been waiting for it since ages. Thanks a charm. Keep the good work up (Y).

Willz: I have a hosting plan with unlimited Disk Space and Bandwidth. If you want I can put up a mirror aswell :).

RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1 by Willz on 03-26-2007 at 03:55 AM

Updated the post to include preview of all themes. Thanks for the support everyone :)

RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1 by Kenji on 03-26-2007 at 04:56 AM

Woah, didnt think it was going to be this quick :P

* Kenji installs Black Neo-Purple skin :tongue:

RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1 by Oxy on 03-26-2007 at 04:16 PM

Great, be waiting for this for a long time, but yet, so surprised at an early release!

Now, I think i'll have the black..

RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1 by vaccination on 03-26-2007 at 04:38 PM

Awesome, cheers (Y)

RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1 by duck! on 03-26-2007 at 04:39 PM

Great, Looks really cool, a lot better than WAM that was going to come out, very sexy skin :p
Black looks best with vista =p
No problems installing or using!

RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1 by absorbation on 03-26-2007 at 06:02 PM

Great skin, I've made a post about it :). Keep up the great work (Y).

RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1 by Felu on 03-27-2007 at 01:29 AM

lol bug
Open a conversation(Not with a Yahoo contact)
Hover over the Phone Icon and read the tool tip.

RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1 by Willz on 03-27-2007 at 03:14 AM

Hehe, I know the cause of that. When porting from 8.0 to 8.1 I guess not all hover messages remained the same :P

Each message points to a string in a dll file, I'm guessing 8.1 has different string numbers which would explain the odd message. Unless it really prevents you from using WLM 8.1 I wont bother fixing :P

RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1 by Thor on 03-27-2007 at 05:53 AM

Great! :D

This is nice. ;)
Will be downloaded asap. :P

RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1 by wolfeboy100 on 03-27-2007 at 05:56 AM

This is such a great skin, my fav one so far.

RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1 by vikke on 03-27-2007 at 07:27 AM

Awesome skin dude! It's the best one out there.

Here's my suggestions. :) Not the best ones, but that's my thoughts!

RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1 by Eddie on 03-27-2007 at 08:50 AM

Awesome, shall install as soon as finished download :D Nice job.
EDIT: Works Gr8, Looks Gr8 :) Gr8 Job :P

RE: RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1 by duck! on 03-29-2007 at 08:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by duck!
Great, Looks really cool, a lot better than WAM that was going to come out, very sexy skin :p
Black looks best with vista =p
No problems installing or using!

I now have found a "bug" in the skin, when running my usual programs including messenger, the skin makes my cpu usage go to 100%, Ive uninstalled it now and seems to be alot better. Any solutions , or is this going to be fixed in the next version?
RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1 by TheGuruSupremacy on 03-29-2007 at 08:22 PM

Congratulations!!!!!!The BEST SKIN OUT!!!!I LOVE IT....VERY VERY GOOD WORK

RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1 by LoochTheMan on 03-29-2007 at 11:19 PM

Amazing job as always, I very much appreciate the devotion put into these projects. Thanks.

RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1 by Eddie on 03-30-2007 at 01:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by duck!
I now have found a "bug" in the skin, when running my usual programs including messenger, the skin makes my cpu usage go to 100%, Ive uninstalled it now and seems to be alot better. Any solutions , or is this going to be fixed in the next version?
Yes i seemed to experience a very high cpu usage with more than one convo open with the skin installed *-)
RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1 by Willz on 03-30-2007 at 03:21 AM

This issue isn't something that I could sort out. I have had reports of some people experiencing this while other people don't.

While building Ev0 I was undertaking heavy testing on a low end computer (a 1.2 ghz machine to be exact) to see how that would go. I experienced no major changes in the cpu usage and also conducted a video convo running as well to check.

One of the testers I had noted that when he didn't use tabbed conversations it improved his situation slightly (though he never reported 100% cpu usage or extreme lag). Since I haven't experienced anything like this it is hard to tell what the source of the problem is if it is the skin causing it or WLM being crappy cos its been patched.

I will try to look into it further but cant make any promises as my university work is eating up pretty much all my time and will be doing so for a while.

RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1 by Willz on 04-01-2007 at 06:01 AM

OK update time.

The source of the problem has been found thanks to a bit of help from TheSteve, which is great.

A quick update will be released in the next coming days that fixes this issue as well as the weird message on one of the buttons.

This update will feature a more optimised Ev0 base patch which will reduce any lag which is experienced as well as being super-optimized in dll file size. The installer will be dramatically smaller as well.

So keep your eyes peeled as you will want to update to this newer version.

RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1 by Eddie on 04-01-2007 at 01:59 PM

Nice to know you found the problem, and will be solved in such a short time :) gj (Y)

Also when going to add a contact i came upon this...

[Image: hmmxz7.jpg]

As you can see unless highlighted the text is impossible to see :( Using the Shadow Theme.

RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1 by absorbation on 04-02-2007 at 06:13 PM

Eddie has a point, the gradient also looks a little odd. I suggest taking your time with the update to iron out any little problems :).