Shoutbox

NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ (/showthread.php?tid=73048)

NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by Nathan on 03-26-2007 at 07:51 PM

ok,
You get a message from your freinds saying: wtf someone has added your pic online at htp://hothotmodels.com/photo13.php (or somehting similiar) and this redirects to a batch file.
Thign is I right clicked it but my mouse screwed up and clicked open and now im fuxored. So im going to find out how to remove it and I'm just warning you as well :)

EDIT: It does malicous things like open random contacts and send a message, open wbpage to reset password etc..

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by Oxy on 03-26-2007 at 07:57 PM

What does the virus do?

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by duck! on 03-26-2007 at 07:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .OxY
What does the virus do?

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan

EDIT: It does malicous things like open random contacts and send a message, open wbpage to reset password etc..

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by Nathan on 03-26-2007 at 08:00 PM

I told you, It will random times open up wlm sign in and open random contacts advertising the quatation up above. It will then pause your mouse and i've been searching pc's and it makes jjj.exe's in different places:
Desktop, Docs and sets/{username}, Program files/MSN Messenger, prefetch etc..
I think  i've got rid of it now :)

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by Oxy on 03-26-2007 at 08:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by duck!
quote:
Originally posted by .OxY
What does the virus do?

quote:

I hadn't refreshed the page untill after i posted, and i opened this page about 20:51gmt... i didn't see the edit :dodgy:
RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by Thor on 03-26-2007 at 08:08 PM

quote:
ok,
You get a message from your freinds saying: wtf someone has added your pic online at htp://hothotmodels.com/photo13.php (or somehting similiar) and this redirects to a batch file.
Thign is I right clicked it but my mouse screwed up and clicked open and now im fuxored. So im going to find out how to remove it and I'm just warning you as well :)

I can just inform you that you sent me that link 4 minutes ago. :P

Well, you didn't, I think the virus did. Becauyse it acted virus-ish... 8-)

EDIT: As it still seems to work, I recommend you log off WLM, as some people might actually get the crap.
RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by Nathan on 03-27-2007 at 10:19 AM

I'm currently geting rid of it :) - Grr i Hate my mouse :P

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by joemailey on 03-27-2007 at 10:47 AM

Generally this has been around for while via different links etc etc,

what happens when you click it?

it would have to install something/download something?

I click on 99% of links i get sent. In fact i click on one on monday from a friend and windows defender picked it up :-)

edit: using my test pc. as my laptop n main pc are used for work :-)

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by Rolando on 03-27-2007 at 12:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joemailey
Generally this has been around for while via different links etc etc,

what happens when you click it?

it would have to install something/download something?

I click on 99% of links i get sent. In fact i click on one on monday from a friend and windows defender picked it up :-)

edit: using my test pc. as my laptop n main pc are used for work :-)

I think you get asked to download something- if you open it, then you're in trouble.

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by Nathan on 03-27-2007 at 01:27 PM

It's a exe. batch file says windows.
My laptop is fucked so I am using the home pc - my laptop charger is fucked :(

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by joemailey on 03-27-2007 at 01:56 PM

So yea basically people go to it open it up install it bang ur screwed.

lol

thot so just double checking, basically you install the virus your self :)

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by Nathan on 03-27-2007 at 02:00 PM

i didnt double click i right click and my mouse moved up when i clicked the left button :<

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by joemailey on 03-27-2007 at 03:55 PM

Funny. lol

To us, but not to you.

* joemailey wonders if he really did miss click, also shouts at him to use windows defender!!!!

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by Lt.Col.DraGon on 03-28-2007 at 08:49 AM

I have had several people message me in english when they usually do in spanish. So be suspicious if someone you know talks to you in english and they usually speak to you in another language means that they have the virus. Don't fall in their trick!!

Btw, is the link you posted the link to the virus? If so, get rid of it or edit the link because some people may click it :P

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by Nathan on 03-28-2007 at 09:30 AM

yeah that is the right link except i left out one of the "t"'s in the http://

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by ivegotavirus on 03-28-2007 at 10:15 AM

i got the virus. from the hothotmodels.net etc

someone sent it to me on msn, i clicked it, but its safe to do that. it comes up with a screen asking to Run Save or Cancel, its a MS-DOS application

nathans right, it does malicous things like open random contacts and send a message, open wbpage to reset password etc..,
and flicking from one screen to another.

ive tried an AVG and an Ad-Aware scan, the virus which was a few Trojans, were deleted, but the virus is still on the comp, and whenever you talk to someone on msn, it sends them the link and closes the conversation.

anyone know how to completely remove it without it coming back :@ givin me the shits

ta for the help

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by Shayne on 03-28-2007 at 01:49 PM

The best way to remove it and prevent your account getting stolen or worse losing it altogether. It would be a good idea formating your System and starting again, also make sure to change your hotmail or Messenger account password as soon as possibles and make sure your on a clean computer while changing your password.

Back on topic:

These Trojans are way old my friends (who you would call Computer Newbs) had these years ago.

These days you just need to be really careful on what links, or even files that your contacts send you.

When your Contact sends you a Link or prompts you asking to download this file is it really worth it?

Shayne

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by Lourix on 03-28-2007 at 03:24 PM

Shayne is right the only way to get rid of it is to either format the system or find it in the registry which could take forever. Though Zone Alarm is pretty good with these sort of things though it has not sorted out all my problems in the past. But like Shayne said change all your messenger stuff and if you cannot format your pc then there may not be a way of getting rid of it, that is if anyone else can think of a solution?

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by td1 on 03-29-2007 at 02:01 AM

i got this virus the other day...its a trojan.vundo virus some smart arse must have found out about it becuase it is a rather old virus....vundo fix or avg or spy-bot search and destroy cant fix this...i have nortan on my laptop and even it was useless....the only way i could fix my messenger again was by resorting my computer to a diffrent time....
This is done by goin to start at the bottom left hand corner of the screen and then accessories, then system tools and then system restore.... then pick a date in bold (make sure it is a date b4 you got the virus!! haha but then restore your computer....by doin this you are putting you computer back to a time before you were sent this stupid virus....i wondering is there any way of tracking it haha (Y)

this was a stupid old virus...just annoying that some arsehole found out about it :@ and even worse i clicked on it....haha awel!! ive me comp and me msn sorted now.....just make sure you sort out your own and then change ur msn password....haha and maybe get a new anti virus lol

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by violentlyvenal on 03-29-2007 at 05:34 AM

hmm, i just recieved the message and i clicked on the link..
when firefox opened up the site, it prompted me to download some file, ms-dos executable program, so i clicked cancel and googled the site and found this..

am i in trouble? or safe?

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by Felu on 03-29-2007 at 05:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by violentlyvenal
hmm, i just recieved the message and i clicked on the link..
when firefox opened up the site, it prompted me to download some file, ms-dos executable program, so i clicked cancel and googled the site and found this..

am i in trouble? or safe?
You are safe :).

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by Nathan on 03-29-2007 at 09:33 AM

As long as you didnt download it and run it then your safe.
I am however not, but My laptop charger is blown so I have to use home pc which is infected with other crap that my sisters have installed.
Grrr

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by asd on 03-30-2007 at 04:23 PM

how did you get rid of it, i recently came upon the same virus and am searching for a solution???

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by Nathan on 03-30-2007 at 04:30 PM

Searched the pc for everything with jjj in the file name but i didnt get to complete it becuase laptop broke [Image: msn_grin.gif] so i got the easy way out [Image: msn_tongue.gif]   

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by Sebby123 on 04-12-2007 at 02:03 PM

How can you people beee so retarted??
Read anything and everything your pc tells you.
The message says about a picture.
if you read the download box is says ms-dos
If you dont know what ms-dos is then GOOGLE
Its not a image. Its a powerfull OS (operating system) for all that dont agree click this link.

If your virus checker caught it then your most likly safe. If it didnt then run a virus scan. If it still hasnt found it your virus scanner is shit so get a new one. (I recomend mc afee)

If the virus is Trojan.Vundo then this is a small text from symantec

Trojan.Vundo is a component of an adware program that downloads and displays pop-up advertisements. It is known to be installed by visiting a Web site link contained in a spammed email.

Basicly all this says is it display's pop ups and you get it by clicking on a weblink. Its not servre. Your not going to die because of it.

I hope this helps.

Edit:   dontclick://www.stupidpictures.info/photo13.php (link wont work ut dont try it) Is another variation of the link
If your virus scanner catches it could you post the virus name so i know what it is exactly.

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by Cammy2K7 on 04-12-2007 at 02:20 PM

hi so say if that came 2 me, what would it do, how will it effect my computer ?

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by Oxy on 04-12-2007 at 02:23 PM

If you read the thread, it actually tells you numerous times..

quote:

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by Cammy2K7 on 04-12-2007 at 02:24 PM

Ohh yes im sorry

WHATS THIS VIRUS called, do you know
RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by Oxy on 04-12-2007 at 02:33 PM

Please don't double post.. http://shoutbox.menthix.net/rules.html

Nobody knows what the virus is called, Nathan got close, but then his laptop "died" :P But, all we do know is it has something to do with Ms-DOS application.. So just look out for anything suspicious

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by Cammy2K7 on 04-12-2007 at 02:43 PM

Oh opps sorry i shall not do that any more thank for warning me ;)

really ok we are going 2 have 2 find out then

RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by Oxy on 04-12-2007 at 02:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Cammy2K7
really ok we are going 2 have 2 find out then

when nathans laptop is back up, we'll find out ;)
RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ by Cammy2K7 on 04-12-2007 at 02:48 PM

Lets just hope its soon then :D