Shoutbox

merging two msn accounts into one? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: merging two msn accounts into one? (/showthread.php?tid=73076)

merging two msn accounts into one? by redscheme on 03-27-2007 at 09:25 PM

is it possible to merge two WLM/MSN accounts into one? so i have all my contacts under one account? i hope so T_T

RE: merging two msn accounts into one? by vaccination on 03-27-2007 at 09:41 PM

I don't think so, but, you can export all the contacts from one account (Contacts > Save instant messaging contacts) and then import them into your other account. (Contacts > Import instant messaging contacts)

hope this helps =)

RE: merging two msn accounts into one? by redscheme on 03-27-2007 at 09:48 PM

will try it when i get home! thx

i do remember attempting that once. think my WLM didnt let me (might of been a bug) oh well i ll try it again when i get home. reinstall it or something hehe. anyways thanks again ^__^

just as i thought ... it doesn't let me export my contact list :/

edited: i reinstalled it and still cant

sorry for the double post!! XD didnt realize it (im sick ._.)
RE: merging two msn accounts into one? by vaccination on 03-28-2007 at 07:13 AM

Why can't you export the contacts? Do you get any errors?

You should just be able to save them anywhere.(eg. your desktop) =s

RE: RE: merging two msn accounts into one? by redscheme on 03-28-2007 at 06:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
Why can't you export the contacts? Do you get any errors?

You should just be able to save them anywhere.(eg. your desktop) =s

no errors at all. it doesn't prompt the browse dialog for me to save the contact list to a specific location (ex: teh desktop :D)

i click on it, the cursor turns into an hourglass (waiting) then nothing happens. thanks for helping me out ^_^

edited: i tried reinstalling again. nothing happens :~( same problem. i may try to install a older version and see if it will allow me to export.
RE: merging two msn accounts into one? by CookieRevised on 03-29-2007 at 09:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by redscheme
no errors at all. it doesn't prompt the browse dialog for me to save the contact list to a specific location (ex: teh desktop :D)

i click on it, the cursor turns into an hourglass (waiting) then nothing happens. thanks for helping me out ^_^
Interesting...

Have you tried with a totally clean Messenger (no patches, no Plus!, no skins, etc....) ?
RE: RE: merging two msn accounts into one? by redscheme on 03-29-2007 at 04:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:

Interesting...

Have you tried with a totally clean Messenger (no patches, no Plus!, no skins, etc....) ?

i will try that when i get home! (clearing out registry portion i mean)
RE: merging two msn accounts into one? by CookieRevised on 03-29-2007 at 04:36 PM

quote:
and removing all the messenger data on your harddisk too.
RE: RE: merging two msn accounts into one? by redscheme on 03-29-2007 at 09:39 PM

quote:
quote:
and removing all the messenger data on your harddisk too.

did everything you said and it still doesn't work :/

I'm going to ask my girlfriend to do it on her comp for me. *sighs* don't know whats up w/ WLM.

anyway thanks for your help guys!! really appreciate it!
RE: merging two msn accounts into one? by CookieRevised on 03-30-2007 at 01:52 AM

Report it to microsoft in that case using the Help menu of Messenger

RE: RE: merging two msn accounts into one? by redscheme on 03-30-2007 at 08:25 PM

quote:
Report it to microsoft in that case using the Help menu of Messenger

i will. thanks for the help. :)