Shoutbox

hi (legal question) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: hi (legal question) (/showthread.php?tid=73102)

hi (legal question) by jays hairdressing on 03-28-2007 at 08:56 PM

ok
i am a manager of a hairdressers and would like to no if it is legal to hav a webcam in the salon
can u pls let me no
thanks

RE: hi by prashker on 03-28-2007 at 08:58 PM

Um, for security I guess it's ok :p

RE: hi is it legal? by jays hairdressing on 03-28-2007 at 09:03 PM

thanx
but does any1 actually no if its legal?

RE: hi by ayjay on 03-28-2007 at 09:04 PM

Depends what you're using it for. If you want to publish the video in some public place you'll need permission of the people who'll be on it. If it's for security like SonicSam said, it'll be fine.

RE: hi (legal question) by jays hairdressing on 03-28-2007 at 09:07 PM

thanx
want to use it on the website
a for security,
b so clients can check how big the que is if theyre on their lunch break
to save them time
a few ppl hav suggested it, but am unsure if i can do it legally or not

RE: hi (legal question) by MeEtc on 03-28-2007 at 09:13 PM

I think if you post a sign somewhere in a conspicuous place that clearly states that they are being recorded on camera, and that others may be able to see them, may take some of the liability away from you.
Just make it obvious to your customers (at least the ones who take the time to look around).

RE: hi (legal question) by redscheme on 03-28-2007 at 09:14 PM

for security its legal, for "b" I'm unsure ... maybe have a sign in the entrance of the salon stating there's a webcam recording it's activities for ____ reasons? i think that should be fine

edited: LOL @ MeEtc ... we posted the same thing at the same time XD ... well ... almost the same time, a few seconds off? haha

RE: hi (legal question) by M73A on 03-28-2007 at 09:19 PM

hm not to sure about the legality, but b is one really cool idea, id love places to have that feature... haven't seen it anywhere else, kind of innovative (Y)

RE: hi (legal question) by prashker on 03-28-2007 at 09:42 PM

Just put a funny sign somewhere, not making them feel scared or anything.

[Image: 93309222_f33c8de4ec.jpg] :)

RE: hi (legal question) by Adeptus on 03-28-2007 at 09:45 PM

What is or isn't legal regarding something like that depends on where you are -- country, state or province, city.  Instead of obtaining uninformed advice on an international message board, you should consult with your local police or a lawyer.

RE: hi (legal question) by Rolando on 03-28-2007 at 09:59 PM

Its legal, as long as there's a sign saying it is being used. I recommend    using a sign like the one SonicSpam recommended.

RE: hi (legal question) by Menthix on 03-28-2007 at 11:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
What is or isn't legal regarding something like that depends on where you are -- country, state or province, city.  Instead of obtaining uninformed advice on an international message board, you should consult with your local police or a lawyer.
Completely agreed.

The guy didn't even specify his location in his profile, all of you are just assuming he lives in the same place as you :(.