Shoutbox

[request] Time-Changing PSM - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [request] Time-Changing PSM (/showthread.php?tid=73104)

[request] Time-Changing PSM by Terje on 03-28-2007 at 09:42 PM

Is it possible to make a script which changes your personal message into something different after a certain amount of time?
Like I am often using my PSM to tell my contacts where I am, example:
@ School.
And when the clock turns 15 pm, the PSM would change into "Home soon" or something like that.
I am hoping this is possible!:)
Good luck,
Terje:)

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by GNeo on 03-29-2007 at 06:25 PM

That is possible but you need to have the messenger opened and being online for that to happen and that your contacts could see it.

I don't know if that has been made already. If it hasn't I'll start working on that.

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by Terje on 03-29-2007 at 06:28 PM

Of course you have to be online:) Thank you so much for responding, and good luck:)

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by GNeo on 03-29-2007 at 06:38 PM

Yeah, it doesn't seem to exist already. I'll start making something to do that!

Edit: Have you got any idea for name? The idea is yours anyway...

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by Terje on 03-29-2007 at 06:46 PM

Hmmm... I have no idea... What about... "PSM changer" or something like that?

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by duck! on 03-29-2007 at 07:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Terje
Hmmm... I have no idea... What about... "PSM changer" or something like that?
Not very descriptive =p
Something like School-time
or: Time for Psm or something =p
RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by GNeo on 03-29-2007 at 07:16 PM

I got a name I think it's very good: PSModify Timer.
What do you think?
I think the script will be ready by tomorrow night or so (without graphic interface).
May be you guys like to try anyway? If you do when it'll be minimaly ready i'll send it to you.

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by Terje on 03-29-2007 at 08:27 PM

Sounds great!:)

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by Terje on 04-02-2007 at 10:11 AM

I just have to ask; How's it going with making the script?

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by GNeo on 04-02-2007 at 01:41 PM

First of all, sorry for the lack of news! I didn't know I was going out this weekend but apparently I did so! It must be ready in a day or two! Don't worry I'm still working on it!

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by CookieRevised on 04-02-2007 at 03:19 PM

this could be used for more things than just displaying where you are at a certain time of a day. Hence I suggest: "PSM Scheduler" which is more descriptive than "PSModify Timer" imho.

;)

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by GNeo on 04-02-2007 at 04:35 PM

Good one! Thanks for the idea! What do you think would make this more interesting? I don't have a clue...

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by Terje on 04-11-2007 at 05:19 PM

Well, it has been two weeks since you started with this.
Is it still under development?

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by GNeo on 04-11-2007 at 05:51 PM

Yes, it's still under development but i have been busy with so many things... Sorry for the big delay
I promise it won't take much longer!

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by Terje on 05-02-2007 at 04:50 PM

Still working on it?

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by GNeo on 05-02-2007 at 07:54 PM

I'm already ashamed of saying I am but in fact I am working on it! It hasn't been as quick as I expected because I've had a lot of work to do and because it proved to be more difficult than it seemed at start. But expect for soon. This time I won't say any date 'cause I've seen that's a bit upredictable.

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by GNeo on 05-19-2007 at 11:20 PM

It's FINALLY done!!! LOL Thanks god you might say... The exams didn't help a bit but here it is, the script. I won't release it yet as I'm just testing it but I think I'll do it today. I'm sending you some photos with this answer for you to see it! I think it's well done... Well I tried to do it so.. Ok just ait a few hours and I'll post the link to download here.

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by MicroWay on 05-20-2007 at 04:52 AM

It sounds good!!!
May I suugest something???
Why not be able to selct status and/or PSM too???

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by GNeo on 05-20-2007 at 10:33 AM

Hey, good idea!!! Didn't think of that before! But that will delay the release of the script. I know what to do... Release now a beta version with what's done and then, when it's reay with the new modifications, I'll post the other one. Thanks :D

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by Terje on 05-20-2007 at 10:58 AM

I don't know what to say...
Excellent job mate! :D

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by webbo04 on 05-20-2007 at 07:14 PM

This looks brilliant! :P

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by webbo04 on 05-25-2007 at 04:47 PM

Any developments on this?

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by Terje on 05-25-2007 at 04:53 PM

I dunno, haven't heard anything since the screenshot.

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by webbo04 on 05-25-2007 at 04:53 PM

He said he'd post it up later that day

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by webbo04 on 05-27-2007 at 11:23 AM

Someone give me some information! I really can't wait for this script lol

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by Terje on 06-03-2007 at 09:28 PM

Well, I don't really get this... What happened to the script?

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by webbo04 on 06-04-2007 at 03:17 PM

yeah cmon it sounds great and looked finished!

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by GNSPS on 06-26-2007 at 07:34 PM

I'm so sorry to all of you,but as a matter of fact I've been very sick and so I couldn't get near a computer for some time... But hey... I'm here again and the script is finished!!! I'll send it to msg plus site but first I'll release it here for you to "beta test" it and say something if you find a bug... I would appreciate also if you could give ideas for new functions for this script... anyway i was thinking of releasing a script that tells the user if someone has blocked him... what do you think?

Once more I apologize for taking so long...

GNSPS

EDIT: Download the script in a later post!!!:P It's updated...

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by MicroWay on 06-26-2007 at 07:45 PM

Hello!!
Some bugs I found:
1) On the Menu of the Script, there are 2 opitions: Status (on/off) and Turn on Sheduler... They have the same action (as I could see)
2) I use a resoluction of 800x600 and when I click the "Settings", the window don't appear at all on the "up-down" size...

I thinks this are the first ones...
;)

Important Edit: Nice script (Y)... You didn't add the status, but for a start, is cool (Y) + It's working here...

Thanks!!!

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by GNSPS on 06-26-2007 at 07:54 PM

First I must thank you for helping me!!! About the button issue I'll remove it right away but I can't understand your second "complaint" :P where you say you can't open the settings menu... If you can click the add button then you sure can open the settings window... or you had to change resolution? :S And about the third issue I can't seem to find an explanation because in mine it seems to work well!

EDIT:I've corrected the button issue already and updated with the correct filee!!! E não pude deixar de notar que falamos a mesma língua! :P

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by MicroWay on 06-26-2007 at 08:04 PM

About the third, forget it, because it haven't happened again...
Here a screenshot about the 2nd issue...
Note that I have moved up the window to see a little of the other button...

Edit: Legal!!!! (Cool!!!!) :P

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by GNSPS on 06-26-2007 at 08:09 PM

Ohh I've understood you but I think about that there's nothing I can do... Unless there's a way of controling resolution through xml so that if your resolution is smaller the window would be smaller as well... And I noticed that about the top image I forgot that other people used other colors and the image was always grey... I'll make a new one as .gif to be transparent:P

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by MicroWay on 06-26-2007 at 08:12 PM

If the window can't being "resized", no problem...  The WLM's opitions has the same issue.... So, for me it's kind of normal...
No problem...
;)

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by GNSPS on 06-26-2007 at 08:24 PM

Sorry... I really can't do nothing about the window's size. :S Please try this *release* version I've atttached with this post I think it looks much nicer tha the last one! :D

EDIT: Again download it in a later post as it's updated... :D

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by lizard.boy on 06-26-2007 at 08:44 PM

Would it be possible to add a "once" option? Make an event happen once and then remove its self.

Perhaps I could make a some recommendations for your dialog.

Is there any specific reason you used a menu? Why not have the actions all on their own buttons? It would make using the window much easier.

As far as your header, it's defiantly your decision to have it there, but it is really unnecessary. If you really want it there, making it smaller would be beneficial to users with a low screen resolution. (like MicroWay) From looking at your image file i can see that the logo has alot of empty space at the bottom.

The same thing goes for the bottom image, it's definitely within your creative license to do what you want with the script, but large decorative images take up a lot of screen real-estate.

I also suggest that if you are not going to have a completely liquid dialog box, that you turn off the resizable aspect of your dialog. Right now the window can be resiezed but elements don't all move in unison.

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by GNSPS on 06-26-2007 at 08:52 PM

Tank you so much!!! I hadn't noticed the resizing problem but it's corrected now and your "once" option will be addded and I think I can make the images a bit smaller... But about the menu I would now have to redesign the whole window and it would take indeed a lot of time... I'll post another correction soon!:P

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by GNSPS on 06-27-2007 at 01:00 AM

Ok, it's finally done!!! It has no bugs (or at least hoping so), I added the "Once" option and the status chooser... It's now a truly "Messenger Plus Tool" :P Hope you like it and waiting for your feedback too!!!

Enjoy

EDIT: Corrected lots of major and minor bugs, it should be more stable by now... And if you wish to support this script then go to its page in the scripts browser and vote for it... XD When they assign it an address I'll put it here (here it is: http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/319-PSM-Scheduler/ )... Thanks

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by MicroWay on 06-27-2007 at 03:44 AM

Cool!!! (Y)
Thanks!!!
You resized the window!!!
You added the status and the "once" thing!!!

Great work!!!
If any problems, I'll post it here!!
;)

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by GNSPS on 06-27-2007 at 04:36 AM

Thanks MicroWay!

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by Terje on 07-16-2007 at 11:19 AM

Thanks mate, this is exactly what I've been looking for :)

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by webbo04 on 08-11-2007 at 09:30 PM

Dosnt change my PM for me :( Any Help?

I know other peeps who've said the same

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by dianawky on 06-13-2009 at 02:24 PM

I've just downloaded this script. I found that the PSM and status change can be set at specific hour only. Can anyone help to enhance the script to allow PSM and status change be scheduled at HH:MM:SS? 

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by CookieRevised on 06-15-2009 at 11:31 PM

This is a very old (and limited) script.
And even back in that time when this script was created there were already several other scripts which are far more advanced with many more options (and which are updated more frequently).

I suggest you take a look at the scripting database:
http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/203-Countdown-Live/
http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/55-Count-Down/
etc...

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by dianawky on 06-16-2009 at 03:18 AM

Thanks for your advice. I have looked at both Countdown Live and Countdown scripts. The two scripts do not support scheduling status change. Is there any script which can support both PSM and status change scheduling at HH:MM:SS?

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by GNSPS on 07-21-2009 at 04:00 AM

Tell me your exact demand and I'll try to satisfy it! :D

Contact me through email if you want: goncalo05@gmail.com

RE: [request] Time-Changing PSM by dianawky on 08-01-2009 at 01:14 AM

Many thanks for your reply. I have a couple of requirements as below:

1) I would like to schedule Status Change by "HH/MM/SS". (Currently the PSM Scheduler can support Status Change by "HH/MM" only).

2) Is it possible for this script to schedule sign-in and sign off of Windows Live Messenger in HH/MM/SS? Is it difficult to enhance it?

Thanks in advance. :)