Shoutbox

MSN Messenger 7.5 custom names in Messenger Live - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: MSN Messenger 7.5 custom names in Messenger Live (/showthread.php?tid=73117)

MSN Messenger 7.5 custom names in Messenger Live by L3X on 03-29-2007 at 07:08 AM

I'm a little stuck at how to use the Messenger Plus! V3.63.xxx custom names which MSN Messenger V7.5 uses, in the newer Messenger Plus! for Messenger Live???

Please help, is there a way i can add/re-add from registry, i have too many custom names added in the older msn to sit there and rename all them again in the newer version of msn.

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 custom names in Messenger Live by ahmetgns on 03-29-2007 at 07:53 AM

In WLM you can set custom names for your contacts and they are stored on Messenger servers. So you can't find custom names in Plus! Live anymore. I don't know how to bring back your custom names to WLM from old Plus! 3.63. But I strongly recommend you to search this forum, there are lots of stuff about this subject.

RE: RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 custom names in Messenger Live by MattyRid on 03-29-2007 at 08:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
I don't know how to bring back your custom names to WLM from old Plus! 3.63. But I strongly recommend you to search this forum, there are lots of stuff about this subject.

No one has found a way to transfer them across, so unless someone has a lot of time on their hands, I don't think it will happen. Searching will only tell you exactly what I have just said, nothing more, nothing less.
RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 custom names in Messenger Live by L3X on 03-29-2007 at 09:42 AM

Ok, thanks heaps guyz, -- figured that was the only way.