Shoutbox

Password Problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Password Problem (/showthread.php?tid=73129)

Password Problem by Gauvner on 03-29-2007 at 07:36 PM

With Plus! i tried being a smart arse and forgotten the password which i put on the preference's.

Now months down the line i cant seen to personalise my Plus! without this password is there anyway in which i can find it out or make a new on?

RE: Password Problem by duck! on 03-29-2007 at 08:04 PM

Uninstall MP!L, then delete the folder, C:/program files/ and find messenger plus live, then reinstall =p Should work. :)

RE: Password Problem by MattyRid on 03-29-2007 at 08:53 PM

if it is definately the preferences password and you are confident in changing things in the registry try this.

Exit out of messenger -> Start -> Run -> type "regedit" (without quotes) -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Patchou -> Messenger Plus! Live -> <your email goes here> -> Prefernces -> EnablePreferencesLock -> right click on it and select modify -> and set value data to 0 -> exit out of registry -> start messenger

RE: Password Problem by Gauvner on 03-30-2007 at 01:24 PM

Thank you very much mate :)

Worked a charm , cant thank you enough :)!

RE: Password Problem by karlee.1 on 03-31-2007 at 06:43 AM

ok problem i've tried both those ways with ducks way my preference password was still there when i reinstalled it and with mattyrids way i type in regedit and the names of files that come up are (Default), CTFMOM.EXE, MSMSGS, msnmngr, softbird and swg can u guys plz help me?

RE: Password Problem by Felu on 03-31-2007 at 09:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by karlee.1
ok problem i've tried both those ways with ducks way my preference password was still there when i reinstalled it and with mattyrids way i type in regedit and the names of files that come up are (Default), CTFMOM.EXE, MSMSGS, msnmngr, softbird and swg can u guys plz help me?
Have you followed the steps posted my MattyRid?
RE: Password Problem by karlee.1 on 03-31-2007 at 09:47 AM

yes i said that

RE: Password Problem by CookieRevised on 03-31-2007 at 10:02 AM

quote:
ok problem i've tried both those ways with ducks way my preference password was still there when i reinstalled it
Because Duck's method is wrong... :P

Just reinstalling Plus! will not remove or overwrite the preferences.

Removing the directory isn't needed either (even not with errors or whatever as reinstalling will overwrite existing corrupted files anyways).

Even MattyRid's method is not entirly correct. That is, you do not need to close or restart Messenger. Instead follow these instructions: 'CookieRevised's reply to Preferences Password'.

quote:
and with mattyrids way i type in regedit and the names of files that come up are (Default), CTFMOM.EXE, MSMSGS, msnmngr, softbird and swg
??? Where did you typed 'regedit'?

You need to click on your Windows Start button.
Then select 'Run' en in the input field type 'regedit' (without the quotes) and press enter.

;)
RE: Password Problem by karlee.1 on 03-31-2007 at 10:06 AM

yea thats what i did i'll try again

yea same stuff still comes up? dunno y? but i used to have Messenger Plus steal cintacts installed and i dunno what happaned it just won't reinstal............
RE: Password Problem by vaccination on 03-31-2007 at 11:23 AM

Follow MattyRid's instructions to the letter and this is what you should get(easy really...)

[Image: prefpass.PNG](Click for bigger)

RE: Password Problem by karlee.1 on 03-31-2007 at 11:54 AM

thanks so much! ok done that now exactley how do i change the preference password after that? awe man i'm stuck................

RE: Password Problem by Felu on 03-31-2007 at 12:18 PM

quote:
thanks so much! ok done that now exactley how do i change the preference password after that? awe man i'm stuck................
You can change it via Plus! Preferences.
Plus! > Preferences > General > Main > Password > Protect my Preferences with a password.
RE: Password Problem by vaccination on 03-31-2007 at 12:50 PM

quote:
Make sure the value is set to 0(as shown in the pic) and then click okay, exit regedit and the password should be removed - May need to restart Plus!, not sure.

then to set another password, one that you will remember, go to Plus! > Preferences > General > Main > Password > Protect my Preferences with a password.
RE: Password Problem by karlee.1 on 03-31-2007 at 01:50 PM

ok thxs guys so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 i owes u big time