Shoutbox

[Suggestion] Removing contact's display name from event notifications - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Suggestion] Removing contact's display name from event notifications (/showthread.php?tid=73205)

[Suggestion] Removing contact's display name from event notifications by Rizu on 04-01-2007 at 03:45 PM

No one responded to my previous topic, so here it is again.  Is it possible to generate custom event notifications for each contact without their display name?  The point of this is to make the notifications easier to identify. 

By removing their display name, one could simply create a custom notification window for each contact with their preferred name for them instead, eg. instead of "Kojima: (8)we love you!  Seki wa kimi ... is now offline", it would be "Jaze is now offline".

I know it is not possible to grab or use WLM custom names in any way, but perhaps this would be the closest thing to it.  Can this be done?

RE: [Suggestion] Removing contact's display name from event notifications by Patchou on 04-01-2007 at 05:12 PM

Good idea, can't hurt to add something to help you with that.
I've added a simple mechanism in version 4.21: when entering the message for the notification, just format the message like this:

\name\message

and Plus! will do the rest.