Shoutbox

Attachments? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Attachments? (/showthread.php?tid=73264)

Attachments? by Vimto on 04-03-2007 at 09:56 AM

My friend has sent me quite alot of pictures (see picture) to my hotmail email account and I was wondering whether there is a way I can download them all at once instead of one by one cause theres just too many :tongue:

[Image: attachmentis2.png]

RE: Attachments? by Rolando on 04-03-2007 at 11:31 AM

Not that I know of.

RE: Attachments? by pollolibredegrasa on 04-03-2007 at 11:37 AM

Hmm, I'm not sure of any way to do this from within Hotmail itself, but I use Outlook Express to read my hotmail emails and there's an option in that to save attachments (which brings up a list of the attachments, lets you browse to save folder etc).

If you can access your Hotmail inbox from something like Outlook Express you could try it, however I think only older accounts that can do this (someone correct me if i'm wrong). Could be worth a try though...

RE: Attachments? by Vimto on 04-03-2007 at 11:55 AM

I tried to use outlook express but It keeps saying it cant connect to hotmail

RE: Attachments? by linx05 on 04-03-2007 at 12:13 PM

Those files aren't too big. So why not ask the person who sent them to zip them up and re-send it?

It would save all this hassle. A lot quicker!!!

RE: Attachments? by Eddie on 04-03-2007 at 12:45 PM

I dont even understand why somebody would send so many files :S

RE: Attachments? by WDZ on 04-03-2007 at 07:43 PM

There's almost always a way to mass-download stuff like this... I do it all the time. :tongue:

I'm not familiar with Hotmail though... what happens when you click the links? Do they go directly to the JPEG files, or is there some intermediate page?

You could try using Firefox with the DownThemAll extension...

RE: Attachments? by L. Coyote on 04-03-2007 at 07:57 PM

You could use Windows Live Mail Desktop. It has an option to save all attachments.

RE: RE: Attachments? by Vimto on 04-03-2007 at 09:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
There's almost always a way to mass-download stuff like this... I do it all the time. :tongue:

I'm not familiar with Hotmail though... what happens when you click the links? Do they go directly to the JPEG files, or is there some intermediate page?

You could try using Firefox with the DownThemAll extension...

I click them and they go to a page which does a virus check and then I have to click download. Thats why it would take alot of time to do them one by one :tongue:

quote:
Originally posted by L. Coyote
You could use Windows Live Mail Desktop. It has an option to save all attachments.

I'll try do that.