Shoutbox

Mysterious message - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Mysterious message (/showthread.php?tid=73348)

Mysterious message by tintin814 on 04-06-2007 at 07:57 AM

The following message was shown under the message I received from my friend:

MSG <user email address & name> 94
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/x-msmsgscontrol
TypingUser: <user email address>

It seems the above is some msn  protocol analysis information, but how come it was shown in my message box?  Is that my friend or myself is sniffing by someone?

RE: Mysterious message by Jesus on 04-06-2007 at 09:11 AM

does it appear under every message you get? or just once?
and are you sure your friend didn't send it himself?

There are a few scripts for Plus! that use some sniffed data too. Which scripts do you have installed?
Though if it's a part of his message I highly doubt it is caused by a script, since scripts can't make received messages longer IIRC.

RE: RE: Mysterious message by tintin814 on 04-07-2007 at 06:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
does it appear under every message you get? or just once?
and are you sure your friend didn't send it himself?

There are a few scripts for Plus! that use some sniffed data too. Which scripts do you have installed?
Though if it's a part of his message I highly doubt it is caused by a script, since scripts can't make received messages longer IIRC.

Up to now, it just appear once.  I have asked my friend and he didn't send these log and he is not a Plus! user.

I have installed some scripts long time ago but i don't think its the cause.  Otherwise the log should appear under every message, right?
RE: Mysterious message by siebe on 04-07-2007 at 03:17 PM

Looks like a bug in the protocol parser of Messenger. The same sometimes occurs with emoticons (emoticons such as ":P" magically appearing at the end of the message).