Shoutbox

encrypted files, i cant open - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: encrypted files, i cant open (/showthread.php?tid=73352)

encrypted files, i cant open by encoding on 04-06-2007 at 11:28 AM

Hi,
i had to format my operating system without back-up. I undeleted my log files which is encrypted by Messenger Plus.
Even if i know the password i cant open them.

I get 2 errors while I'm trying to open them

-in the first error, Messenger Plus log viewer doesnt ask me to enter a password, just ask "do you want to open or download this file" when i click open, i face another log viewer which asks the same question.

-in the second error i can write my password, "An error occured while trying to decrypt your file. Please reboot or try again on another computer.

What will i do ? Thanks for any reply.

RE: encrypted files, i cant open by MattyRid on 04-06-2007 at 11:37 AM

There was a reason given as to why this is the case (can't seem to find the thread at the moment), but it went along the lines of, because you formatted your computer, you weill no longer be able to access your chat logs regardless if the windows account names are the same as before or whatever. Therefore, it renders you logs useless and deletion is the path to be taken.

If I find the thread I will post it here.

RE: encrypted files, i cant open by Vacio on 04-11-2007 at 07:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by encoding
Hi,
i had to format my operating system without back-up. I undeleted my log files which is encrypted by Messenger Plus.

-in the first error, Messenger Plus log viewer doesnt ask me to enter a password, just ask "do you want to open or download this file" when i click open, i face another log viewer which asks the same question.

-in the second error i can write my password, "An error occured while trying to decrypt your file. Please reboot or try again on another computer.

I have the same problem, what it's the reason of error?
RE: RE: encrypted files, i cant open by MattyRid on 04-11-2007 at 07:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vacio
quote:
Originally posted by encoding
Hi,

I have the same problem, what it's the reason of error?

Did you miss?

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
There was a reason given as to why this is the case (can't seem to find the thread at the moment), but it went along the lines of, because you formatted your computer, you will no longer be able to access your chat logs regardless if the windows account names are the same as before or whatever. Therefore, it renders you logs useless and deletion is the path to be taken.

If I find the thread I will post it here.

RE: encrypted files, i cant open by Weyzza on 04-11-2007 at 07:27 AM

quote:
because you formatted your computer, you will no longer be able to access your chat logs regardless if the windows account names are the same as before or whatever.
I've formatted my PC zillion times, and I can still open my encrypted logs from 2003.
RE: RE: encrypted files, i cant open by MattyRid on 04-11-2007 at 07:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Weyzza
quote:
because you formatted your computer, you will no longer be able to access your chat logs regardless if the windows account names are the same as before or whatever.
I've formatted my PC zillion times, and I can still open my encrypted logs from 2003.

Well I remember the thread being along those lines...unless my mind is proven otherwise, that's what I'm sticking to :P
RE: RE: encrypted files, i cant open by Vacio on 04-11-2007 at 08:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Weyzza
quote:

Me too, the encrypted logs works very well in other PC, but in my PC not work, and show me this error "An error occured while trying to decrypt your file. Please reboot or try again on another computer.

I dont formated my PC, only restart and encrypted logs dont work any more, patchou HELP