Shoutbox

Problems booting - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Problems booting (/showthread.php?tid=73362)

Problems booting by Rolando on 04-06-2007 at 08:56 PM

Every time I boot it shows a screen that says some statuses on the top and then..:

Verifying DMI Pool Data.....          Update Successful

Boot from CD:
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.

If I press enter, it shows the same stuff on red letters.

The only way to boot is if I click ctrl+alt+delete.. which is annoying.

Anyone know a way to fix this?

PS: I don't have Windows CD.. so I can't insert the system disk. I don't know where it is.

RE: Problems booting by ShawnZ on 04-06-2007 at 09:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by q25
PS: I don't have Windows CD.. so I can't insert the system disk. I don't know where it is.

that isn't what it meant. it was referring to any disk or media with a boot loader, since it can't find one on your cdrom/floppy/hard drive.

i'd recommend two things... open BIOS setup, and try to set the highest device in the "boot order" or "boot priority" menu to your hard disk, instead of your cdrom drive. if the problem still happens, try and find your windows xp cd, boot to it, open the Recovery Console, and type "fixboot" and "fixmbr"
RE: Problems booting by andrewdodd13 on 04-06-2007 at 09:29 PM

Do you have a dodgy CD or Floppy disk in the drive?

If the system boots to Windows once you've pressed CAD, I see no reason why the Hard Disk would give you this message.

RE: Problems booting by Rolando on 04-06-2007 at 10:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
Originally posted by q25

that isn't what it meant. it was referring to any disk or media with a boot loader, since it can't find one on your cdrom/floppy/hard drive.

i'd recommend two things... open BIOS setup, and try to set the highest device in the "boot order" or "boot priority" menu to your hard disk, instead of your cdrom drive. if the problem still happens, try and find your windows xp cd, boot to it, open the Recovery Console, and type "fixboot" and "fixmbr"

How exactly do I open this BIOS setup? [/noob :(]
RE: RE: Problems booting by duck! on 04-06-2007 at 10:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by q25
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
Originally posted by q25

How exactly do I open this BIOS setup? [/noob :(]

Usually F2, but also try F1 :)
RE: Problems booting by MattyRid on 04-06-2007 at 10:25 PM

Varies depending on your Motherboard.

Most mother boards use DEL
Compaq's can be F10
Acer's can be F2
IBM's can be ENTER
Toshiba's can be F2 then F1